Who is the fine finisher on the right hand side (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Of Gordon Strachan's shoulder ?

Monners

Missed this game as I moved house that day (30th Jan 1999). 18 years ago - still had dark hair then (and no kids).

John Aloisi (not that paid much attention)?

Bob Latchford

Missed this game as I moved house that day (30th Jan 1999). 18 years ago - still had dark hair then (and no kids).

John Aloisi (not that paid much attention)?
Spot on Monners , indeed Mr Aloisi . great finisher !

Hobo

Always brought him on with 5 minutes to go. He would always nearly score. I used to always wonder what if he had been given 15-20 minutes?

Strachan used to let other managers change things, watch matches drift away from us and react too late. It used to infuriate me. Liked him as a player but not as a manager.

Bob Latchford

Saw Alosi score a goal v Man Utd @ H/R think we were 1-3 down taking it to 2-3 in the latter stages - goodness me , he scored that goal with such nonchalance , he made Bob Marley look like he was on acid .cool as feck !

Gaz

I always thought that Aloisi was a signing that wee Gordon never sanctioned!

Heard rumours of things like that going on at around the time we signed two South Americans.
Think it was Martinez and Guerro or something

Bob Latchford

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Aloisi
Heard rumours of things like that going on at around the time we signed two South Americans.
Think it was Martinez and Guerro or something

Remember Ivan Guerrero making his debut at home to United think he was a left back and having to mark Beckham.

The Striker was Jairo Martinez I think?

The pair sued about a dozen times each, did Martinez even score!?

Irish Sky Blue

Aloisi

Remember Ivan Guerrero making his debut at home to United think he was a left back and having to mark Beckham.

The Striker was Jairo Martinez I think?

The pair sued about a dozen times each, did Martinez even score!?
Didn't Martinez score at Barnsley and then run into the stand to celebrate?

trevelfarandwide

I always thought that Aloisi was a signing that wee Gordon never sanctioned!

Richardson did this a lot; he did it with Moldovan too, and Strachan didn't truly want him.

Saying that, if the video evidence is to be believed, Strachan also said he didn't even ask for Robbie Keane, BR drove up to Molineux and presented an offer for Keane in person.

Ol' Bryan had itchy fingers for over-spending.

hutch1972

JA left when Harston said he was staying put.
Shame he was here at the same time as Dublin and Huckerby or I'm sure he would have played a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread