who is the right keeper for us? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Tom

I don't know who I'd prefer, murphy fro scunthorpe. Are speroni from crystal palace

1ccfc

Ipswich are apparently interested in Westwood, so this indicates that they might let Fulop go who I thought did a good job for us before.

CovScott88

Not saying that any of these would actually come to us, but i'd like to see one of these:

David Stockdale - Fulham
Marcus Hahnemann - Wolves
Matt Gilks - Blackpool
Chris Kirkland - Wigan
David Marshall - Cardiff
Julian Speroni - Crystal Palace
Andy Lonergan - Preston
Joe Murphy - Scunthorpe
Joe Lewis - Peterborough
Alex Smithies - Huddersfield

rob9872

Most of them would do an adequete job. I still hope Westy stays but it shows that there are plenty of available, affordable and realistic options. Try and come up with a similar list to replace MArlon and you'll be struggling which is why it's so much more important that he stays (And I know this doesn't sound like it but I'm one of KW's biggest fans)

kg82

Why does everyone always say that Smithies? He's really not that great, even got dropped for Ian Bennett last season. Think it was for injury to start with but then couldn't get back in the team. Same with Joe Lewis, overrated in my opinion. Speroni's alright but think we could do better. The only one's out of those I'd like to see here are Lonerghan, Murphy or Stockdale.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Murphy for me every time. I really rate the guy, and he was having some good banter with fans in the telegraph stand when we played them last month!

rob9872

Good banter is the number one attribute when looking for a quality keeper

rob9872

I know mate, I wasn't having a pop just being sarcastic :)

Chipfat

Stockdale at Fulham is a the best keeper in the above list but we have no chance of getting him as im sure he will start next year in the prem.. Also been mentioned is Ben Hamer from Reading young, big and been getting first team experience on loan at Exeter this season....

GollyGD

Facebook User
If Westwood goes to Leicester then Chris Weale would be a good transfer in the opposite direction. He's an excellent reflex stopper, with good leadership of at the back. He needs a bit of work on positioning, particularly for long range shots, but I'm sure that's fixable.

Coventry La La La

If Westwood goes to Leicester then Chris Weale would be a good transfer in the opposite direction. He's an excellent reflex stopper, with good leadership of at the back. He needs a bit of work on positioning, particularly for long range shots, but I'm sure that's fixable.

I thought allot of Leicester fans hate him for the constant mistakes he makes?

BurbageSkyBlues

Yes, the fester fans are split on him.

Don't think we should go there to be honest, and Wouk hate it for westie to go there, but given where he lives and the wages they could offer, it's probably the likely outcome. The only alternative would be to one of the relegated prem teams looking to reduce their debt (worst ham?), but still able to afford what west would consider a decent salary.

Pusb

skyblu3sk

Also we would have to pay a fee for him and would be getting nothing for westie so seems like a non starter if murphy wants to come here.

Users who are viewing this thread