Who is your most admired person in football? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just going on from a previous thread (which threw up some great names as to who was hated in the game), I thought it would be interesting to find out who was admired aswell? Personally, I have always thought Robbie Keane. A great player and a true sportsman. And I simply can't forget to include the greatest manager never to have been in charge of England - Brian Clough.

Sutty

Marco Reus - love watching him play, but it's his attitude towards being a pro that's most admirable. His level of physical fitness is incredible. Seems a decent bloke as well.

SkyblueBazza

Like the other thread...there are loads of unsung football heroes, in fact a lot more of these I suppose. Clough yes for what he achieved with a disciplined & respectful Notts Forest...although I feel he might have web a bit of a bully too. Sir Bobby Robson, Sir Bobby Charlton, Gary Lineaker for his getting kicked up in the air but not complaining much - just got on with it. Grudgingly, Sir Alex Ferguson for his achievements (another bully!)! BUT most of all Jimmy Hill - look at what he achieved. Took us from where we are to top flight & chaired the club. His legacy lasted well beyond his involvement...but his successors have eventually left us back where it all began.

spwaverley4916

- Richard Shaw. met him in variuos places and always remembered my name and other details that he knew. true gent. Shame it didnt work out second time round at the City.

scroobiustom

hmmmm I like Blatter -

in the face of obviousness and rational thought, he continues to operate on a level unparalleled with any other for being a general dick - have to admire that!

I personally like Ian Holloway, a man who actually enjoys what he does rather than spending 20 hours a day moaning about it!

Covstu

As a kid my idol was Chris Waddle, really exciting player in the day and a step over technique which worked everytime!!! Now it has to be Messi, the guy is magical!!

Johnnythespider

Arise sir Alf Ramsey, the only man to put English football at the top of the world. Oh and the 66 squad of course.

Users who are viewing this thread