Who will own the new stadium? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

@ hill83....Hahaha "Ping"...There goes a rib...hahaha "Ping"...There goes another one. Stop it! you're killing me with your fabulous jokes..hahaha..."Ping"..oh f**k...and another one.

Nick

Administrator
@ Nick...If your inference is my posts are boring, I would suggest you take a look at your own mate...A huge percentage of your posts/reply to posts, are apologist on behalf of SISU....For balance of course. Which in itself is boring to the extreme.

I would quote what you said to Hill earlier but my arrow key is broken. I think Hill got the point I was making.

hill83

@ hill83....Hahaha "Ping"...There goes a rib...hahaha "Ping"...There goes another one. Stop it! you're killing me with your fabulous jokes..hahaha..."Ping"..oh f**k...and another one.

Ha! What? I'm deadly serious.

RPHunt

Consider the following scenario:

1. SISU build a new 12k stadium outside Coventry at a cost of £30m. New stadium financed by mortgage held by separate holdings company.
2. Holdings company charge the football club rent to cover repayment of loan for stadium - £2.5m per annum.
3. Club remain in League 1.
4. Attendances continue to hover around 5k.
5. SISU finally sell club but retain stadium holdings company and continue to charge club for rent.
6. New owner quickly realises that he can rent a 30k stadium for £0.5 per annum in Coventry and restructures so that the playing side is divorced from the stadium lease.
7. New owner puts the part of the company that has lease into administration and takes the playing side to stadium in Coventry.

I am sure that any bank asked to finance a new stadium would consider the above scenario. Lending money for a new stadium, where a sensible tenant has a better and cheaper alternative, would be complete folly.

Monners

miss-the-point2.jpg

A good 95% of the time.

He's saying that just because some people (me) don't constantly go about saying SISU are scum etc, it doesn't mean we (I) don't think they have totally fucked the club up and are doing a shit job.

So in response to before, no, I've not 'just' seen the light.

Not wishing to get involved with the ongooing "discussion", but that graphic has made one chuckle!

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick.....If what hill83 is saying is correct, why are you(What is literally apologising) for SISU. It's not for balance. Grenduffy, RFC Godiva, etc,etc, do that for them. I'm not saying you shouldn't "Speak your mind" but,(Think about this)...You too Torchy, hill83 and the rest of you...You lambast those of us for being anti-SISU, yet you all don't like "Avin it" back. Don't take the p**s when you're as guilty as the rest of us.

Nick

Administrator
@ Nick.....If what hill83 is saying is correct, why are you(What is literally apologising) for SISU. It's not for balance. Grenduffy, RFC Godiva, etc,etc, do that for them. I'm not saying you shouldn't "Speak your mind" but,(Think about this)...You too Torchy, hill83 and the rest of you...You lambast those of us for being anti-SISU, yet you all don't like "Avin it" back. Don't take the p**s when you're as guilty as the rest of us.

Where have I apologised for SISU? Where have I lambasted anybody for being anti SISU? My point was that people don't have to put "I HATE SISU", "TIM FISHER IS A NASTY BUGGER" in every thread to be able to dislike them. Just because they don't state things in every thread, over and over again it doesn't mean they don't think them.

As that image said, it obviously got redirected somewhere.

Rusty Trombone

As for ACL ... the profit they make is not benefitting the club. If ACL was owned by SBS&L I would be happy and the present 'situaton' would never have emerged.

How much profit would ACL make charging £200k, for 2.5 years? How much profit would SISU make accepting this charge compared to staying in Northampton?

hill83

I used to. But it was mainly when people were going off on wild tangents with little evidence.
Now the evidence is pretty much there I don't bother. And for the record. I've been anti Sisu since the day they took us out of Coventry.

Now I just like to point out when people are making mistakes. I look out for your posts with a special interest.

Godiva

And neither will the profit of the new SISU company which buys and rents out the Ricoh to CCFC ?
That will be profit for SISU's investors ie Joy's real customers.

If sisu get to buy ACL or replace ACL (more likely) with another stadium management company it will be a company under the SBS&L umbrella. In that case 'ACL' profit will benefit the club. Only in the event the SBS&L group overall generate a positive cash flow or if sisu sell on the entire group fro more than they have invested will sisu's investors get a return.

Rusty Trombone

If sisu get to buy ACL or replace ACL (more likely) with another stadium management company it will be a company under the SBS&L umbrella. In that case 'ACL' profit will benefit the club. Only in the event the SBS&L group overall generate a positive cash flow or if sisu sell on the entire group fro more than they have invested will sisu's investors get a return.

A positive cashflow, or a profit? Or neither as you are guessing based on nothing?

Godiva

How much profit would ACL make charging £200k, for 2.5 years? How much profit would SISU make accepting this charge compared to staying in Northampton?

You miss the point I think - as long as an outside company (outside SBS&L) make a profit, no matter how small or how big, that profit is not benefitting the club.
You can offer reduced rent to the club that will of course benefit the club, but if ACL stlll make a profit due to optimized businessplan and cost saving meassures - that profit is not benefitting the club. The only situation where every penny generated by the stadium is benefitting the club is where ACL is owned by SBS&L.

idm1975

Surely the issue is, SISU say the football club should own the ground, and renting is not in the club's best interests.
But that's exactly what SISU will do if they buy the Ricoh ie rent it to the football club.
How can it be bad for the club when ACL are the leaseholders, but ok when (if) SISU own the Ricoh ?

100% right! Why do people not understand this??

And it would be really interesting to see what rent value SISU, if they ever get their hands on the Ricoh that is, would charge the club?

Godiva

hill83

If Sisu did own the ground and rent it to CCFC wouldn't it all come under one umbrella and count towards the total turnover of CCFC?
If that is the case, that is of more benefit to the club than renting from another company in ACL.

Anyone know?

Edit: (The Ricoh I mean)

The Gentleman

I agree, in an ideal world it should and that is the option I would want but it isn't really an ideal world :(

But it will be interesting to see what our rental charges are coupled together with interest payments for Legoland and management fees to the Arvo etc. Offset that with a few quid from pies but no real other revenue streams (if last nights declaration about no other streams except from fanzone - whatever the fuck that is), it will be interesting to see how all of that stacks up against the 400k + some reveunes or the latest rental offer from ACL. Mind you, I don't think we will ever be told anything straight down the line if it is detrimental to Sisu/Otium.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Have you all forgotten that, in reality, there will be NO new stadium....

Happy Friday by the way folks.!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooo

Rusty Trombone

You miss the point I think - as long as an outside company (outside SBS&L) make a profit, no matter how small or how big, that profit is not benefitting the club.
You can offer reduced rent to the club that will of course benefit the club, but if ACL stlll make a profit due to optimized businessplan and cost saving meassures - that profit is not benefitting the club. The only situation where every penny generated by the stadium is benefitting the club is where ACL is owned by SBS&L.

You're completely correct, and if they are somehow gifted ACL then this could work. Now, back in the real world, if SBS&L buy ACL then it is likely that the costs of doing so would be much more than £100k a year. The club would make more money by renting rather than owning, unless they are given ACL for next to nothing.

Danceswithhorses

If sisu get to buy ACL or replace ACL (more likely) with another stadium management company it will be a company under the SBS&L umbrella. In that case 'ACL' profit will benefit the club.
So if ccfc pay SISU SM co. rent - how are ccfc benefitting from that ?
The SISU SM co. are not going to spend their profits on ccfc, as that would be like giving us the rent back.
The SISU SM co.'s profits will end up going to SISU's investors and them only - as joy said, her investors and her family are all she cares about.

Last edited:

Monners

Have you all forgotten that, in reality, there will be NO new stadium....

Happy Friday by the way folks.!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooo

I hadn't forgotten, no. And a Happry Friday indeed (became happier with Hill's graphic - that will get plagiarised on occasions) :D

Rusty Trombone

I am guessing on nothing?
What exatly do you mean?

I mean that you talk about that having a positive cashflow will lead to SBS&L giving their investors a return, why would it be cashflow, a positive cashflow doesn't necessarily mean you are making any money, so I wondered whether you meant profit. I then went on to make an assertion that you are guessing about all these repayment terms, and that you have nothing to base the guesses on.

Godiva

You're completely correct, and if they are somehow gifted ACL then this could work. Now, back in the real world, if SBS&L buy ACL then it is likely that the costs of doing so would be much more than £100k a year. The club would make more money by renting rather than owning, unless they are given ACL for next to nothing.

It depends on how profitable ACL are now they have optmized their operation. Apparently they will make more profit in the future now ccfc is no longer playing there.
That remains to be seen.
On the other hand - if sisu actually win the JR it could happen that the club can acquire ACL or the long lease for next to nothing as part of a settlement.

Rusty Trombone

It depends on how profitable ACL are now they have optmized their operation. Apparently they will make more profit in the future now ccfc is no longer playing there.
That remains to be seen.
On the other hand - if sisu actually win the JR it could happen that the club can acquire ACL or the long lease for next to nothing as part of a settlement.

How would they acquire ACL or the lease for next to nothing as part of a settlement?

Godiva

I mean that you talk about that having a positive cashflow will lead to SBS&L giving their investors a return, why would it be cashflow, a positive cashflow doesn't necessarily mean you are making any money, so I wondered whether you meant profit. I then went on to make an assertion that you are guessing about all these repayment terms, and that you have nothing to base the guesses on.

For many, many years the club have generated only negative cashflow. So the owners have had to inject money - under sisu reign more than £40m. Only if that situaion is rectified and the club (group) actually start generating a positive cashflow can the invstors hope to see a return. So far only ARVO seem to receive interest payment, but that is worthless if they have to put in more loans to cover the interest payment because the club (group) doesn't generate a positive cashflow.

chiefdave

How would they acquire ACL or the lease for next to nothing as part of a settlement?

Was wondering that, it's a big leap. Even if SISU win the JR there's nothing to say that either ACL having to pay back the council or the council having to pay SISU compensation will happen. Even if ACL did have to pay back the council they may be able to source alternative funding and even if the council have to compensate SISU would the compensation really be at a level that they would just hand over ACL? Would they even legally be able to hand over ACL, they don't own 50% of it!

Godiva

This is speculation - but I think sisu will want some sort of damage compensation.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick....If a post is made that is anti-SISU, you are one of the first to respond in a way that makes you appear to try to "Smooth the waters" on their behalf. Don't take my word on it...Ask others!

Rusty Trombone

For many, many years the club have generated only negative cashflow. So the owners have had to inject money - under sisu reign more than £40m. Only if that situaion is rectified and the club (group) actually start generating a positive cashflow can the invstors hope to see a return. So far only ARVO seem to receive interest payment, but that is worthless if they have to put in more loans to cover the interest payment because the club (group) doesn't generate a positive cashflow.

So it's about cashflow, in that case we can go back to saying that we should rent the Ricoh from ACL at the cheap rent (plus match day costs), that will generate a lot of positive cashflow, especially compared to Sixfields. Excellent.

Unless of course it's got nothing to do with cashflow. Damn.

Godiva

Was wondering that, it's a big leap. Even if SISU win the JR there's nothing to say that either ACL having to pay back the council or the council having to pay SISU compensation will happen. Even if ACL did have to pay back the council they may be able to source alternative funding and even if the council have to compensate SISU would the compensation really be at a level that they would just hand over ACL? Would they even legally be able to hand over ACL, they don't own 50% of it!

Yes they do own 50% :)
Higgs would have to be paid off by either sisu or ccc.
But as I said - it's purely speculation - I have no clue who will win or what consequencs it will have for either part.

Nick

Administrator
@ Nick....If a post is made that is anti-SISU, you are one of the first to respond in a way that makes you appear to try to "Smooth the waters" on their behalf. Don't take my word on it...Ask others!

It really depends what it is I guess. When somebody blames SISU for third world hunger then I will post. If somebody comes on threatening to track Tim Fisher's kids school down I will say it is out of order.

Users who are viewing this thread