Who would you pick ? (1 Viewer)

phildownunder

Just a bit of whimsy but if you could magically put a player from the past (at his peak) into the current team to help put the team back on the rails who would it be ?

I`d like to see a wide player who would make some of the full backs in this league wonder if they`d taken up the right career, was hardly ever injured and had an excellent disciplinary record.

I`m talking about Tommy Hutchison of course. Just imagine !

shmmeee

Dion Dublin, just what we need.

Solid in both boxes and the perfect partner for Arma.

chiefdave

Would have to be Dublin, closely followed by Hucks. Would go for Peake at the back to get them organised.

lifeskyblue

One might not be enough.
Hutch for me, tear these defences apart and hopefully put balls on a plate for arma. followed by Dublin, able to cajole players and organise. And Curtis as a no nonsense centre half...reliable and comitted. I like the Wise call...could he bring out the best in Murphy and Madders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Just a bit of whimsy but if you could magically put a player from the past (at his peak) into the current team to help put the team back on the rails who would it be ?

<snip>
I'd have Marc Overmars on the left-wing and Andrei Kanchelskis on the right wing. Well you did not specify Coventry players.

Grendel

I like the Wise call...could he bring out the best in Murphy and Madders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Cole was doing that.

Grendel

Do you boo when players you dont like score a goal?

No I just laugh at people like you when I have been proved correct

wingy

There may be room for comparison but the other four were so off.
Cole was the only effective member of the group on the day.
I think the two young lads were playing to their own agendas, what makes them look best rather than what's best for the team.
Ironic really as they both looked gash.
Typified very early on when Armstrong made a beautiful angled run which was crying out for one of those balls that were evident early in the season that Maddison, Lameiras and Job were supplying to him.
Instead we had Madders spinning and doing dragbacks and shipping it wide for another ten passes before it eventually went into the box.
We really are guilty of overplaying it currently.

Users who are viewing this thread