Whole squad. Who stays, who goes? (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I'm bored at work today

Who you keeping who you flogging/ releasing/keeping?

Keepers

Simon Moore - Decent championship keeper
Ben Wilson - Decent understudy for a few games if needed

Defence

Michael Rose - If an offer comes in to help us improve, get rid
Kyle McFadzean - Was keen on a year extension. Since Christmas his legs have completely gone. Id release, again if better can come in
Dominic Hyam - Keep, one of the first names on the team sheet
Jake Bidwell - Looks a lot better at LCB , isn't going anywhere but would rather play him there than LWB
Josh Pask - Release
Declan Drysdale - Get rid, wont ever make it
Todd Kane - Solid enough championship player
Fankaty Dabo- As above
Julien Dacosta - Bin him off, utter poo

Midfield

Liam Kelly - Think we have outgrown him. Love Kels but he's not championship material for anything other than the smaller teams in the league
Jodi Jones - Id personally have gave him more playing time to see how he looks, but think the writings on the wall and will be released
Jamie Allen - Solid enough squad player
Callum O'Hare - We all adore him, but if anything above £8 Million came in id let him leave
Ben Sheaf - Watch him turn into one of the best midfielders in this league next year
Gustavo Hamer - A Class act, technically the best in the side. Would I let him go for the reported 10-12 Million. Too right. Anything less, build a side around him
Jordan Shipley - Clearly not good enough for this league, release
Ryan Howley - Seems to be the best prospect coming through since Bayliss in midfield, loan him out to a L2 side

Attack

Viktor Gyokores - Best striker we've owned in forever, honestly feel he can get 20+ next year. He's the one we need to hold on to most for me, but again, anything above 10 Million you've got to look at taking it
Matty Godden - Yes he's always injured but his goal stats are fantastic. Best finisher at the club, he wont go anywhere but we need to keep him fit and he will again get 12+ goals next year
Tyler Walker - Torn, looks lazy, miserable etc. Yet does seem to know where the goal is and could have bene treated a bit better by MR. Tough one, how many times have strikers been nowhere then come the next season they're a different player.
Martyn Waghorn - Actually developed a dislike for the bloke for the first time since we had Neil wood in 04/05. Fat, slow, stroppy, and clearly doesn't want to be here, if he wants to go back to Derby I'm sure there's a few here that will drive him

Anyone else fancy having a go?
Let go :
Dacosta, Pask, Drysdale, Kelly, Waghorn and Walker

Loan out :
Howley, JJ, Blaine-Rowe, Bapaga, G.Burroughs

Keep :
(not doing all just the ones with need for explanation)
Fadz - Good leadership whether he helps out with the younger Center halves on the training ground or gets decent game time.
Shipley - could be a decent back up at LWB
JJ - 1 year deal and a loan out for half the season to a L1 club to see if he still has it.

LOCK AWAY IN A SAFE ALL SUMMER:
Hamer, O’hare and Gyökeres

better days

One thing to bear in mind is that the Championship will almost certainly allow 5 subs next year which means more will be needed for the bench (9?)
Maybe some of those guys people are saying should be released may be needed
There are only 2 or 3 at the most who are likely to be promoted to the first team squad from the U23s and anyone coming in will want Championship wages

Evo1883

This season

Coventry PPG when Allen starts 1.46

Coventry PPG when sheaf starts 1.40

Coventry PPG when Hamer starts 1.51

giphy.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

One thing to bear in mind is that the Championship will almost certainly allow 5 subs next year which means more will be needed for the bench (9?)
There are only 2 or 3 at the most who are likely to be promoted to the first team squad from the U23s and anyone coming in will want Championship wages

Sorry Jodi but I think it’s time to go

stupot07

Wow lots of contrasting opinions. But football is a game of opinions. I'll trust Robin's to make the right choices but do not think we will see a clearout of the first team squad all but one or two.

As for hamer, it's been reported he may be going to Celtic? If he is I'd expect 10m for him.
That alone would enable Robins to keep our other best players and bring one or two in.
Celtic will not pay £10m for Hamer. The last two seasons they haven't played more than £4.5m for a player, and he's not a striker which they tend to push the boat out for.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Surprised that celtics highest fee paid was 9.98 mill .. I remember them years ago spending almost that on Chris Sutton I'm sure

SlowerThanPlatt

Celtic will not pay £10m for Hamer. The last two seasons they haven't played more than £4.5m for a player, and he's not a striker which they tend to push the boat out for.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It does highlight the disparity between Scottish and English football, a club like Brentford can get promoted and spend £15m on a player

Hobo

I think you will find if they are under contract they will be staying unless a club comes in for them.So the only offers we are likely to get are for the better players.

If contracts are up it is no time to be sentimental over Kelly and McFad's. As great as they have been their football now lies at a lower level.

If one of the stars go we need it to be early rather than at end of the transfer window. Because that would give us a pathway to pursuing our targets and involving them in pre season.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Keepers

Simon Moore - keep.
Ben Wilson - keep - backup,

Defence

Michael Rose - keep if can't get decent money for him
Kyle McFadzean - Keep as backup, only current CB who shows any aggression.
Dominic Hyam - Keep if Rose goes, think we can only really utilise one of the two and new CB's required, pacier, stronger etc
Jake Bidwell - Keep cover for LCB and LWB.
Josh Pask - Out
Declan Drysdale - Out
Todd Kane - Keep, as backup
Fankaty Dabo- Keep,
Julien Dacosta - Out

Midfield

Liam Kelly - Out
Jodi Jones - Out
Jamie Allen - Keep as squad player.
Callum O'Hare - Keep unless stupid money comes in for him and we can get a decent AM replacement
Ben Sheaf - Keep, build the centre midfield around him
Gustavo Hamer - As per Callum
Jordan Shipley - Out
Ryan Howley - Keep as backup
Josh Eccles - Keep, could be his year to breakthrough

Attack

Viktor Gyokores - Keep no matter what
Matty Godden - Keep
Tyler Walker - Out
Martyn Waghorn - Out
Fabio Tavares - Keep

I think we need
2 x CB
1 x LWB
1 x CM depending if Hamer goes
1 x AM (2 if O'Hare goes)
1 x Striker
I agree with this post the most. I think 2 strikers needed and Howley loan perhaps.

napolimp

If this happens I feel like we will suffer more than others, with the squad depth.

Also, going to be controversial and say I'd like Waghorn to stay.

samccov1987

Just been looking at the first team squad on the website and my thoughts below on players possibly out of contract or with a chance of moving on;

Defence
JCS try to sign
Maatsen try to get back on loan
McFadzdean new contract
Pask gone

Midfield
Kelly let go
Jones let go
Shipley move on

Hamer I’m guessing will be sold

Strikers
Waghorn move on
Walker move on

Don’t think any of the above is too controversial but surprised at how much of a squad rebuild we may need in the summer.

JCS and Maatsen might not be possible to get back but we also could be freeing up some wages by moving the L1/L2 midfield on along with Waghorn and Walker who are probably on decent wages.

Question is do we go with quantity to pack the squad out which is where we fell short this year or use the money to get more first team quality but run the risk of falling short again.

Offhegoes

I'd keep Jodi for another year, he'll be on low wages and we don't have a lot of options in his position. I'd also keep McFadz and Kelly for their experience. Try and sign JCS.
Sell - Shipley, Waghorn & Walker if possible.

Grendel

I'd keep Jodi for another year, he'll be on low wages and we don't have a lot of options in his position. I'd also keep McFadz and Kelly for their experience. Try and sign JCS.
Sell - Shipley, Waghorn & Walker if possible.

he has to move the manager doesn’t rate him

rexo87

Happy with Fadz staying as long as he only plays against big fuckers with no pace. There's a couple of times in recent weeks he's had a 10 yard head start on a striker and still lost the race to the ball

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Happy with Fadz staying as long as he only plays against big fuckers with no pace. There's a couple of times in recent weeks he's had a 10 yard head start on a striker and still lost the race to the ball

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

You'd argue we look weaker generally at the back without him .. he seems to lead the line well and get in the other defenders ears all game .. don't really see it from the others .

We've shifted a few in the last couple months

Evo1883

We had a really decent defensive record earlier on in the season didn't we ?

Missing salter too ?

Users who are viewing this thread