Who's bothered (1 Viewer)

wingy

So here we have another great initiative .

What really is the point ?

Does every decent Democratic Institution in this country have to be dismantled because the Americans do it?

What next District Attorneys ?

We've had the Elected Mayor debacle ......No Appettite !!!

Who's willing to invest 15-20 mins of their day Tommorrow?

Yes don't pretend ,you know what I'm referring to.:facepalm::(:mad::confused:

Otis

It's ridiculous. At least with politicians you know a bit about them and their party and recognise the person's face.

Tomorrow is just a bunch of faceless nobodies that no-one is remotely interested in.

Null points from me tomorrow.

wingy

I'm not even going to bother voting anymore because it's obvious Helen will have to do the trial again.

HaHa,I deliberately left it open as i knew there would be a little sledging ,but then i would say that would'nt I??:p:laugh: Join in everybody ;):facepalm:

If they can't be arsed to tell me their policies with a flyer or something in the free paper then why should I haul my ass up the local school to vote?

wingy

I'm not certain but believe cetrain schools will be shut tommorrow because of this none event ,putting working families in a spot over childcare and messing with their kids education.
I have a sneaky feeling this is just a device to absolve the govt of responsibility for the cuts to be introduced within the force,thus a loner won't get heard as readily as a committee/body.Leaving either a passive occupant in position or an adversary who ,if wishing to maintian levels will have to do it through ,you guessed it council tax.

coundonskyblue

I can't say I'm bothered, but talk such as this from the Ex-Chief of Warwickshire Police annoys me: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-20290502

"Here we are changing it so that people with little experience and few
qualifications, and certainly little knowledge of the police, could be put in a
position where they can go as far as sacking the chief constable,"

If we follow that argument then we should abolish our democracy and install a dictator who knows what he's doing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have absolutely no idea who we would be voting for. Don't even know if we would be voting for a Hampshire based bloke or an Isle of Wight based bloke. Just can't see why we have to bother. As Wingy said, it's getting too much like the states. What next? County borders where criminals can cross and be safe like State borders? I would be most interested to see the turnout figures, nationally as well as locally.

Otis

If they can't be arsed to tell me their policies with a flyer or something in the free paper then why should I haul my ass up the local school to vote?

I got flyers through.

Still didn't know owt about the actual people nominated though.

when we elect him and he does shit they can say "well the people voted for him" and that's the only reason I can think they are doing it.

Tad

Politics in this country are a joke anyway. Have any of you actually watched parliament on TV? There just like school children fighting over everything and nothing. It's pretty pathetic.

I really don't trust any of them. None of them really listen to us. The immagration system is a complete mess which has lead to abuse of all our benefits (NHS/Laws etc) overall, we're still part of the EU when it's clearly not wanted, things are that expensive and messed up - business wise - here companies are forced to look elsewhere to build there factories and bases. They all shout a good game, but I see little improvement..

In the Extreme parts of the East you get no choice on voting and if you question anything you get acid chucked in your face or shot

In the west we get the chance to vote and they don't do anything different than the last guy, we go to work to fund them going round in circles and for them to enjoy themselves while they do it

SkyblueBazza

Take this seriously...I have a conspiracy theory on this.

The main political parties WANT to have more influence on Policing strategy. That could well mean wealth & celebrity (I.e higher profile people/organisations) get more police time (not convinced this doesn't already happen to a degree) - so the commissioner gets positive publicity...& reelected. So, the best way to achieve this is by having low interest from the off...& those who do vote are more likely to be politically motivated & hence it's a straight result. The commissioner will reflect the local political climate...& likewise may become less impartial over time. Imagine either a Nick Griffin or Abu Hamza figure in charge of appointing your new Chief Constable!!!
So VOTE (as the election is happening anyway - & will impact on us)...but vote wisely & as best you can non-politically.

Tad

Wow 24 votes! That's really poor..

RegTheDonk

I voted for Mike Rumble.

Independent, so no political axe to grind. Ex grass roots copper, so should know who the scammers are. Successful businessman, so should be able to cut the waste. Doesn't want to out source, so no G4S nob-types coming in to rape the taxpayer.

Looked at Cath Hamond, also independent, but she was quite high up in the force so probably has lost touch with the common folk.

Tad

Why are the government so surprised by the low turnout all of a sudden. Today's coverage is the most I've seen on the matter all week! Says it all really.

I still don't know any of the candidates names for Coventry or who won. No joke.

Nick

Administrator
Why are the government so surprised by the low turnout all of a sudden. Today's coverage is the most I've seen on the matter all week! Says it all really.

I still don't know any of the candidates names for Coventry or who won. No joke.

Nor me. If I went to vote I would literally be picking them by name.

DD_Daphne

I had only 63 out of a possible 900 turn up yesterday and the majority of then came in and said they hadn't a clue what or who they were voting for!

Tad

I had only 63 out of a possible 900 turn up yesterday and the majority of then came in and said they hadn't a clue what or who they were voting for!

Awful. It really is.

Heard Labour won here. Again, no idea who that actually is though haha..

SkyblueBazza

David Cameron said low turnout in a first-time election was expected.

With nearly all ballots counted, turnout was about 14.5%, the BBC research showed.

"It takes time to explain a new post," the prime minister said, and he predicted voting numbers would be "much higher next time round".

Dear David...explain the post & the importance of it first & maybe people will a. Know what it is all about, & b. Feel more inclined to vote

Users who are viewing this thread