Why are SISU staying? (1 Viewer)

jto123

All jokes aside, e.g they want to take the club into liquidation, why are SISU still here? What do they gain? They're losing money, getting bad publicity and are hated by supporters. Call me cynical, but I don't believe it is just for the benefit of the club. Yet they're are still here and I have no other explanation, which makes me think they are staying just to protect the club...

Sky Blue Tom

probably because they support the club, i dont think we will go into liquidisation. id of thought rather then doing that they would accept the offer from hoffman

sylus

hoffmans offer..£1.. and a bag of crisps,oh and a chocolate bar....friut n nut i think......the hoffs bid.......i just dnt believe it...

Ashdown

Its simple, they are merely looking for an exit strategy that is less painful and expensive to them. 'They support the club'.........laughable !!!

italiahorse

All jokes aside, e.g they want to take the club into liquidation, why are SISU still here? What do they gain? They're losing money, getting bad publicity and are hated by supporters. Call me cynical, but I don't believe it is just for the benefit of the club. Yet they're are still here and I have no other explanation, which makes me think they are staying just to protect the club...

I'd like to think they are making a go of it. I don't think they communicate very well so we start to fear the worse.

joemercersaces

They didn't take over through love of the club but for pure business reasons, ie to make some money. They have ballsed that one up big time. As Ray Ransom commented the only way they would make money was by either getting us back into the prem, getting half of the Ricoh or by selling players at a profit. There is a lot of talk about the £30/£40 million they have invested but what about the money they have taken out from sales?

Whatever, we are where we are. Sisu are in the third tier, with a fixed rent on the stadium that they can't afford, few valuable players, dwindling gates, negligible TV money, mortgaged season ticket sales apparently, in short up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

They have three choices.

1. Take a punt as Bryan Richardson might say and try and cut their losses through investing money in the team to get us back up, build momentum and crowds and try again having learned their lessons (very unlikely as they'd probably see that as throwing good money after bad).

2. Take administration. But then someone else comes in and sells off the assets for whatever they can get, not them.

3. Sell whatever they can for whatever they can get then liquidate and walk away.

Sorry but I think it's number 3.

theprince

We should find out very soon as apparently Tim Fisher is meeting sisu to discuss what budget AT will have to work with next season and propose a plan for our quick return to the championship....Don't laugh please

BrisbaneBronco

Sisu will remain until the transfer embargo is lifted, because at present they can not sell anyone, to get some money. To get the ban lifted they have to provide proof of funding for the next season and file their accounts. There is a deadline of 2nd June to register for next season with FL or we risk being kicked out.
Something has to give very soon. SISU either invest more money or liquidate us if there is no takeover.

Disorganised1

I actually think they'll take choice 1 - but with someone else onboard to share the risk.

BrisbaneBronco

I actually think they'll take choice 1 - but with someone else onboard to share the risk.

But who in their right mind would work with SISU?
To survive we also need to own our own ground and even if SISU came up with the cash, the council would not sell to them because they would probably take a mortgage out on it.

Users who are viewing this thread