Why Fisher's plan WILL fail.... (1 Viewer)

Godiva

No, you can't use Hearts as an example.
Hearts has external debts and an owner who don't want to support the club anymore.
Sure, sisu could stop funding at any time, but that is not what we are being told and it would be extremely stupid at this point.

The article show that there are plenty of players available for free or very cheap. The supply and demand is out of balance - it's buyers market.
Subsequently player wages are also coming down fast.

Otis

Fisher did.

He said Sisu would financially assist and pump money in for the 3 years to cover the shortfall until the new fantasy fairy castle is built in Never Never Land.

Sisued

'We spent 30 million on somthing we now value at 0 this is unacceptable. We will now spend 30 million on a new stadium while also supporting the 0 valued club for the interim 3 years"

Well i dont know about you but i'd let SISU manage my assets....

BurbageSkyBlues

They have already sold 6500 season tickets, and that is poor........?

So how can we expect to do on anticipated GATES of less than 3000 .....?

Something
Is
So
Unrealistic

J

Jack Griffin

Buyers market for players, sure but there are a lot of buyers who are not in turmoil & hence more attractive.

Paxman II

Fisher did.

He said Sisu would financially assist and pump money in for the 3 years to cover the shortfall until the new fantasy fairy castle is built in Never Never Land.

The never never land you talk about O may well come true. Unless the Ricoh is assigned to the football club for the long term and not operated by a management company for profit on behalf of taxpayers then it will not be sustainable.
ACL and the council are foolish when it comes to dealing within the corporate world. SISU are despicable but they are not foolish are they?

Otis

I do believe they are.

Very foolish to leave your home town for at least 3 years when there is already a very good stadium to play in already here in Coventry and then to plan to build a new, smaller stadium down the line, which will be a budget cheap build job. We know it will.

I think all this promise of ground expansion is all pie in the sky too.

Why move into a 12,000-15,000 seater stadium when investment on the pitch and a successful side would bring over 20,000 in regularly at the Ricoh?

It is heads that need knocking together not the club moving out of the city.

There has to be a deal to be done right here, right now.

The other thing they are totally foolish about is the thought that is entirely okay to go against the vast majority of fans' wishes. The percentage has to be somewhere in the 90% + region against moving out of Coventry.

Not foolish? You sure?

Paxman II

Otis ACL/Council are not willing enough to make a deal for the Ricoh though are they? So where does anyone go from there? Sentiment as you describe I can't argue with but corporate reality is another.

You may not want to believe in a new stadium that the football club will actually own and accrue income from but you need to realise there is more than a rented stadium to a football club. 15,000 is a very good average gate for where we are at the moment and for the foreseeable future. The mudula stadium is not pie in the sky either. In a few years after promotions if we ever achieve it the add ons are simple and would bring it up to a stadium of similar capacity as the Ricoh...and it's all ours! the figures for it regardless of what I have heard on here do indeed stack up.

the choice is rent and be unsustainable or move and secure a future? Of course I agree with everyone that heads should be banged together and a deal found but it will never be found while ACL exist sadly, for any owner that comes along. Begs the question what is Haskell's plan given that scenario? Are there secret deals lined up regarding the Ricoh that ACL/Council would otherwise not offer SISU? If not I find it extremely hard to find a reason for Haskell to bid unless he has land development tie ups. But what happens when that is completed? the football club still has to survive and won't simply renting a stadium without the income from it.

dongonzalos

Otis ACL/Council are not willing enough to make a deal for the Ricoh though are they? So where does anyone go from there? Sentiment as you describe I can't argue with but corporate reality is another.

You may not want to believe in a new stadium that the football club will actually own and accrue income from but you need to realise there is more than a rented stadium to a football club. 15,000 is a very good average gate for where we are at the moment and for the foreseeable future. The mudula stadium is not pie in the sky either. In a few years after promotions if we ever achieve it the add ons are simple and would bring it up to a stadium of similar capacity as the Ricoh...and it's all ours! the figures for it regardless of what I have heard on here do indeed stack up.

the choice is rent and be unsustainable or move and secure a future? Of course I agree with everyone that heads should be banged together and a deal found but it will never be found while ACL exist sadly, for any owner that comes along. Begs the question what is Haskell's plan given that scenario? Are there secret deals lined up regarding the Ricoh that ACL/Council would otherwise not offer SISU? If not I find it extremely hard to find a reason for Haskell to bid unless he has land development tie ups. But what happens when that is completed? the football club still has to survive and won't simply renting a stadium without the income from it.

What if the deals are not so secret and were offered to SISU who choose a different path. To attempt to force ACZ out instead of buy ACL out?

Also the figures don't Add up.

Paxman II

I think if such a deal had been offered to SISU dong we would all be happily looking forward to the first game at the Ricoh in 6 weeks!

the figures do add up! the sponsored build, the loans repayable and the fact it will value the club much higher with it's own freehold stadium and all income streams are very convincing. It's actually not as crazy as people think.

Otis

The new stadium won't be ours though will it.

CCFC will rent it through Sisu.

Sure, it will be much cheaper rent but the stadium still won't be ours.

A deal can be done here at the Ricoh. It has to be done.

Paxman II

The new stadium won't be ours though will it.

CCFC will rent it through Sisu.

Sure, it will be much cheaper rent but the stadium still won't be ours.

A deal can be done here at the Ricoh. It has to be done.

Your suggesting that once built SISU will own it and rent it to whoever owns the football club is a cautionary one for sure.
Your saying a hedge fund holds onto an outpost without selling it for increased value as it would form part of the football club?
If SISU's plan (as been stated) is to achieve a saleable 'product' so they can negotiate their exit then that would clearly be the value placed on the freehold stadium they built and would sell on with the football club? If we reach the premier league that could be 75 -100m? It's ambitious but the only route they can plan given the circumstances they are in. They would be gone in 5 years.

Bluegloucester

Your suggesting that once built SISU will own it and rent it to whoever owns the football club is a cautionary one for sure.
Your saying a hedge fund holds onto an outpost without selling it for increased value as it would form part of the football club?
If SISU's plan (as been stated) is to achieve a saleable 'product' so they can negotiate their exit then that would clearly be the value placed on the freehold stadium they built and would sell on with the football club? If we reach the premier league that could be 75 -100m? It's ambitious but the only route they can plan given the circumstances they are in. They would be gone in 5 years.
Lots of ifs and maybe's there are 72 other clubs striving for the same thing. Hardly a sane business plan.

dongonzalos

The problem is Godiva to follow this plan at some point you will need to sell the club for 120 million plus.

SISU have admitted their aim is to sell for a profit.

Can you are that happening?

Users who are viewing this thread