Why i think league one will be good for us. (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Fair point, but we had money to waste on players to get us up, which we did. Remember 5 mill for Lee Hughes?

We've got nothing this time.

Well no, we didn't have any money then and we actually have more of it now if you look at it purely from a balance sheet point of view. The broader fact is that very few clubs indeed are in the black and are all either spending loans or overdraft or someone else's money-it is just not sustainable and it will implode sooner rather than later. CCFC are just closer to the precipice than their peers.

tomreagna

Well no, we didn't have any money then and we actually have more of it now if you look at it purely from a balance sheet point of view. The broader fact is that very few clubs indeed are in the black and are all either spending loans or overdraft or someone else's money-it is just not sustainable and it will implode sooner rather than later. CCFC are just closer to the precipice than their peers.

Completely agree. My original point, intended to be made in other posts, if not expressed as eloquently as you've just put it is:

We.ve slashed our costs this season and are still in with a reasonable chance of survival. admittedly, the weekends results make our chances look bleak. But at xmas we'd have all taken our position now. Our fixture's are far better than BC's.

Given that relegation's obviously a very realistic prospect. While "Division 3" may well be the level at which we can financially compete, I only object to the expectation that we're going to automatically bounce back a la saints and norwich, they had serious financial backing. (Is that how you spell "a la")?

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Completely agree. My original point, intended to be made in other posts, if not expressed as eloquently as you've just put it is:

We.ve slashed our costs this season and are still in with a reasonable chance of survival. admittedly, the weekends results make our chances look bleak. But at xmas we'd have all taken our position now. Our fixture's are far better than BC's.

Given that relegation's obviously a very realistic prospect. While "Division 3" may well be the level at which we can financially compete, I only object to the expectation that we're going to automatically bounce back a la saints and norwich, they had serious financial backing. (Is that how you spell "a la")?

Before Saturday our hopes were reasonable-after yesterday, they're intact, but very very slim indeed. Saints were taken over by a very wealthy benefactor and have also been bankrolled by the sales of Bale and Oxlade-Chamberlain; will we have Arsenal forking out £15 million for Bigi? One can dream ;)

tomreagna

Before Saturday our hopes were reasonable-after yesterday, they're intact, but very very slim indeed. Saints were taken over by a very wealthy benefactor and have also been bankrolled by the sales of Bale and Oxlade-Chamberlain; will we have Arsenal forking out £15 million for Bigi? One can dream ;)

I completely agree, you seem to be arguing with me when I'm making the same point.

We cannot afford to go down, we have no investment or significant assets.

Join my "believers" thread, I need all the help I can get!

tomreagna

You can string a sentence together. Help me persuade the rest of our supporters that we can beat Burnley. Put your powers to good use.

Brighton Sky Blue

Haha, and I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying by the way; it's good to see some people trying to keep some optimism going around the place!

Tankie

what we really need, is a clear and coherent "Declaration of intent" from our Owners Sisu, as to their position, regarding taking the club foreward. So far, there has never been one, and I fear, never will be. whatever league we are in, we will be kept barely alive on a drip feed of nickles and dimes, and the bills only payed to those, who knock the loudest on the boardroom door.
Some posters, are predicting we will take div one by storm, I think this is a highly optimistic wishful thinking, and based on nothing plausible, just refusal to imagine, that our beloved sky Blues could possibly struggle in the third tier of English Football, but if the lack of investment continues, and I sense no reason why it shouldn't, coupled with a further Exodus of our talented youngsters, then I see no reason to take any threads of comfort, from the possibility of Div 1 football next season.
WE could, I suppose, Knock on the Boardroom Door and ask the questions, but the chances of finding anyone in residence, are just as remote as coming across lord Lucan, astride sheargar, Sorry Lads, cant visualise playing in div 1 bringing the success, or 20,000 gates, if we do well, that some are forecasting.
Tankie...

Stevec189

The simple fact is our revenue does not give us the ability to invest in the squad. We cannot and should not be spending 110% of revenue on wages. League 1 will bring a rapid decrease in revenue and therefore we will not be able to keep the players we have. Most will not want to stay anyway. What we need is for football to have a dose of realism and realise the gravy train has stopped except for the lucky few.

If we go down I expect to see at least 8 different players in the first team maybe more. If Portsmouth are bought by the fans then I expect thrm to suffer as well. Doncaster threw money into staying up and it has backfired so we will have to see where they are financially. Football is in a finacial mess and we are just ahead of the game!

Here's hoping we stay up! PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread