Why is CT quoting Byng? (2 Viewers)

RPHunt

At £2m per match and with gates of 10,000, that's only £200 per fan. Seems reasonable to me, doesn't every fan pop in to Tesco for a couple of bottles of Bollinger and a tin of caviar before the game?

mds

I generally disbelieve all these (in my jaundiced view) made up numbers that get reported - e.g. the heavy snow has cost the British economy eleventy billion pounds.....

Allways gets me too, im sure there are studies done and someone can justify there over inflated multi billion estimates!

At £2m per match and with gates of 10,000, that's only £200 per fan. Seems reasonable to me, doesn't every fan pop in to Tesco for a couple of bottles of Bollinger and a tin of caviar before the game?

With fans like these why dont we own the club :)

Another way to look at it, how much does your child cost you thruogh its lifetime, day to day week to week you dont really pay too much attenton to it, but when you add it all up, cost every single factor to the age of 18 its a large sum of money, close to 200k. Do that with the local economy, monies not being spent, same again it all adds up.

Grappa

It's an absolute disgrace. All right-thinking people know that the Telegraph should only quote people who agree with the SBT Sisu-out consensus. In fact, they should actually put any potential quotes on here before publication so we can judge whether or not they are melodramatic and fervently anti-Sisu enough for us and suitable for publication. If any quote is deemed pro-Sisu, we will demand a breakdown of figures, statistics etc, but if it's an ex player saying how disgraceful it is that Sisu are doing what they are doing well, that man's obviously correct and a candidate for beatification. Anyone who questions PWKH is beyond the pale as we all know that Peter has sky blue blood and would sell his mansion at the drop of a hat and go and live in a council house if it meant the club we all love could prosper. Anyone who disagrees with us, the righteous majority, is patently stupid and just trying to be cool and different and a bit pseudo and just hasn't really thought as deep and hard as the rest of us because we know what is right. I sometimes hope that the club goes under just to teach those hedge fund parasites a lesson. It doesn't really matter anyway because a new club with a nice owner will come along and Peter and the council will probably pay them to play at the Ricoh just to help a community asset because that's the type of people they are, Coventry through and through.

The figure he quotes is plausible, but ignores the fact that whilst I lost the opportunity to spend my money whilst going to the Arena, my family have found ways of spending far more on other things. I think I spend more at Homebase now than ever before and I'm crap at DIY. The misses would be happier also if I was to sod off and watch the footy

Last edited:

DazzleTommyDazzle

It's an absolute disgrace. All right-thinking people know that the Telegraph should only quote people who agree with the SBT Sisu-out consensus. In fact, they should actually put any potential quotes on here before publication so we can judge whether or not they are melodramatic and fervently anti-Sisu enough for us and suitable for publication. If any quote is deemed pro-Sisu, we will demand a breakdown of figures, statistics etc, but if it's an ex player saying how disgraceful it is that Sisu are doing what they are doing well, that man's obviously correct and a candidate for beatification. Anyone who questions PWKH is beyond the pale as we all know that Peter has sky blue blood and would sell his mansion at the drop of a hat and go and live in a council house if it meant the club we all love could prosper. Anyone who disagrees with us, the righteous majority, is patently stupid and just trying to be cool and different and a bit pseudo and just hasn't really thought as deep and hard as the rest of us because we know what is right. I sometimes hope that the club goes under just to teach those hedge fund parasites a lesson. It doesn't really matter anyway because a new club with a nice owner will come along and Peter and the council will probably pay them to play at the Ricoh just to help a community asset because that's the type of people they are, Coventry through and through.

Which is why paragraphs were invented........

Users who are viewing this thread