Why was the thread "why we go to sixfields" closed (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatronssba

At what point did i say it was either you or any of your compatriots on the hill?

I had the problem after one particular game, as you say I have never seen them there since, and try as i might, i've never been able to run into them at an away match either. But they'll show up one day, and as i said before i look forward to seeing them.

As you said you weren't even there so i don't see how you can comment on it. Yes i did return the abuse, as was documented on CWR at the time. However when it's 4 onto 1 you either back away or stand up for yourself, which is what i did.

However it is in the past, as you correctly sayapart from that incident there have been no problems with anybody else on the hill. Whilst i wouldn't choose to stand on the hill myself, fair play to those that do. However one thing i find annoying is the air of moral high ground the 'hillers' seen to have. I don't understand why you would travel to stand on the hill, the same way you can't see why myself and others go in the ground. However i don't see daily posts by the 'sixfielders' slagging off those who go on the hill.

Remember there's a lot more city fans in the ground than there are on the hill, and a decent proportion of those who attend sixfielders are the same fans who get praised for following the club all over the country to away games, and not just the MK Dons, Wolves, and Port Vale games.

Can I just ask then, why dont those fans sing any protest songs at Sixfields but do at away games?

Nick

Administrator
At what point did i say it was either you or any of your compatriots on the hill?

I had the problem after one particular game, as you say I have never seen them there since, and try as i might, i've never been able to run into them at an away match either. But they'll show up one day, and as i said before i look forward to seeing them.

As you said you weren't even there so i don't see how you can comment on it. Yes i did return the abuse, as was documented on CWR at the time. However when it's 4 onto 1 you either back away or stand up for yourself, which is what i did.

However it is in the past, as you correctly sayapart from that incident there have been no problems with anybody else on the hill. Whilst i wouldn't choose to stand on the hill myself, fair play to those that do. However one thing i find annoying is the air of moral high ground the 'hillers' seen to have. I don't understand why you would travel to stand on the hill, the same way you can't see why myself and others go in the ground. However i don't see daily posts by the 'sixfielders' slagging off those who go on the hill.

Remember there's a lot more city fans in the ground than there are on the hill, and a decent proportion of those who attend sixfielders are the same fans who get praised for following the club all over the country to away games, and not just the MK Dons, Wolves, and Port Vale games.

I don't know "all" of the people who stand on the hill and who they are on here but to be fair the ones I do know of always seem to say that it is up to people what they do rather than slag them off. Like I said though, I don't know every fan who goes on the hill and their username on here.

This is why I think it is people who just want to stir up trouble being plonkers online, as let's face it if it was somebody who was on the hill every week giving it loads to somebody who goes in online or vice versa it would have got a bit messy by now.

People have the right to do what they want and like you say, fair play to those on the hill especially when it is freezing and windy but I think a lot of the trouble is people who do neither and just like to stir up trouble and be a bit of a keyboard warrior to get "likes".

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Where have the people on the hill shown the air of moral high ground? So your saying that the people who go on the hill slag off sixfielders daily? Rubbish! By the way I missed one away game last season.

Just one extra question why is that whether you go in,stand on the hill or do neither only matters on social media? When we go to away games its not even mentioned by fans of all persuasions,strange.

Nick

Administrator
Just one extra question why is that whether you go in,stand on the hill or do neither only matters on social media?

Because I guess they can on there without getting a punch in the mouth. People have banter and bicker, people do wind each other up on here and get bites but it is nothing to some of the people on there. At least on here people (sort of) know each other (well online persona) but on there you have absolute strangers giving you loads.

Would an absolute stranger start abusing you in the street when they don't know you from Adam?

wingy

Because I guess they can on there without getting a punch in the mouth. People have banter and bicker, people do wind each other up on here and get bites but it is nothing to some of the people on there. At least on here people (sort of) know each other (well online persona) but on there you have absolute strangers giving you loads.

Would an absolute stranger start abusing you in the street when they don't know you from Adam?

Entirely agree.

At best I'd say we've heard of possibly 3-4 actual cases of aggravation IE;_ words ,not bad I'd wager considering the emotive situation we're all In.

AndreasB

Oh Nick, a career in the Stasi beckons redacting all my posts. The favourite was changing "c***s" to "people"
Delete the post by all means but don't be as pompous as to edit it.

Nick

Administrator
Oh Nick, a career in the Stasi beckons redacting all my posts. The favourite was changing "c***s" to "people"

There is no need for the abuse though is there? By all means put your point across, but just leave out the abuse stuff yeah?

martcov

Stasi has gone. Sorry to disapoint you....... But you like the SISU tactics... Fair Play , each to his/ her own....

AndreasB

Listen Nick it's about 100 to 1 on here. It requires some robust comments to stand up to the sheep on here.... Notice I've never started an offensive thread like that Gosford knob but that's still there unedited isn't it?

martcov

Listen Nick it's about 100 to 1 on here. It requires some robust comments to stand up to the sheep on here.... Notice I've never started an offensive thread like that Gosford knob but that's still there unedited isn't it?

Here is a robust comment: leave the STASI out of this - they were scum. You've pissed enough City fans off. You are a sheep following the Party line. I am in East Berlin now and my staff and customers lived under the Stasi... Fuck the STASI...Party liners...

AndreasB

Here is a robust comment: leave the STASI out of this - they were scum. You've pissed enough City fans off. You are a sheep following the Party line. I am in East Berlin now and my staff and customers lived under the Stasi... Fuck the STASI...Party liners...

But it's ok to compare with the miners strike though. Get some fucking perspective . The Osties loving your western shit I bet!

torchomatic

Seems like I missed all the excitement. What was said?

Let's face it, if someone came on and posted 'Why people don't go to Sixfields', and said 'they hate CCFC', 'Ann Lucas is their best mate', 'they want to show themselves as superfans' etc it would be needlessly antagonistic and childish, the same way this post was. There's nothing wrong with reasonable, respectful debate where people try to see another point of view, but that thread was about the most childish thing I've seen, it brings the whole debate down to the intelligence level of 5 year old children.

Nick

Administrator

By all means stand up for yourself. Sometimes there is no need to go so OTT? You can get your point across without calling people c*nts. The same as if people disagree with you they shouldn't call you that.

That other thread was locked wasn't it?

Sutty

Seems like I missed all the excitement. What was said?

Thread called 'why people go to sixfields' (or something similar).

Was a list of reasons why people might choose to go and watch a Cov game at Sixfields, including such gems as 'they hate CCFC', 'they love Tim Fisher/Sisu', and 'they're a Villa or Leicester or Sunderland fan' etc. As I say, childish, needless, nonsense.

martcov

But it's ok to compare with the miners strike though. Get some fucking perspective . The Osties loving your western shit I bet!

Yes. They love my West shit. Breaking all records. They are called ossies by people like you. I have Never mentioned the miners Strike. Believe what you want to... But stop slagging City fans off.....

Grendel

Yes. They love my West shit. Breaking all records. They are called ossies by people like you. I have Never mentioned the miners Strike. Believe what you want to... But stop slagging City fans off.....

Notman Binns mentioned the strike I believe. Spoin Kop said sixfielders should be banned from the Ricoh. Gosford said he would never want to stand at an away game next to a sixfielders.

I assume you like me condemn this disgusting comments towards fellow fans?

martcov

Notman Binns mentioned the strike I believe. Spoin Kop said sixfielders should be banned from the Ricoh. Gosford said he would never want to stand at an away game next to a sixfielders.

Yes. I completely condemn such comments.

AndreasB

I will when you do Herr Hoenicker.

martcov

I will when you do Herr Hoenicker.

You are showing what a waxxxr you are. You know nothing about East Germany. You creep around SISU and insult City fans. Es lebe die Freiheit! Fick dich!

Chez78

If I'm honest this thread if viewed by other fans and our own really sums up what a mess we are in. We have those who don't go turning on those that do, those that do refer to those that don't in similar terms (probably not as blatantly offensive), the whole thing is a shit fest. Whatever your disagreements one thing that I'm sure of is that a return home will at least ignite some form of unity although I'm sure the damage done will take years to repair.

Just for the record i think our current owners statement of "building bridges" is an empty statement and can only be achieved by a return home, anything else I'm sure won't cut the mustard.

Just for all the loonies sixfielders are scum, stay always are sheep, thatcher is scum, up the miners, long live andy thorn, gays are the antichrist and Hills83 GIF are what this thread requires otherwise I'm OUT!!

bigfatronssba

you are showing what a waxxxr you are. You know nothing about east germany. You creep around sisu and insult city fans. Es lebe die freiheit! Fick dich!
ich bin nicht ein sixfielder!!

bigfatronssba

If I'm honest this thread if viewed by other fans and our own really sums up what a mess we are in. We have those who don't go turning on those that do, those that do refer to those that don't in similar terms (probably not as blatantly offensive), the whole thing is a shit fest. Whatever your disagreements one thing that I'm sure of is that a return home will at least ignite some form of unity although I'm sure the damage done will take years to repair.

Just for the record i think our current owners statement of "building bridges" is an empty statement and can only be achieved by a return home, anything else I'm sure won't cut the mustard.

Just for all the loonies sixfielders are scum, stay always are sheep, thatcher is scum, up the miners, long live andy thorn, gays are the antichrist and Hills83 GIF are what this thread requires otherwise I'm OUT!!

Accept against those that only turn up for "big games" against Crewe Alexandra as they aren't "proper fans" and deserve abuse for leaving a game at a time suitable to them.

cloughie

Considering that the thread got closed because of 2 requests, (a very small % of people on here) and then then venom displayed on here defending the decision and sixfields support says everything really

touch a nerve with some obviously

WestEndAgro

Considering that the thread got closed because of 2 requests, (a very small % of people on here) and then then venom displayed on here defending the decision and sixfields support says everything really

Excellent post, exactly how I see it.

TurkeyTrot

Seeing as though we all hope SISU and ACL can swallow a bit of pride, take a step back and work to get a deal done to get us back to the Ricoh it's nice to see fans doing the same thing,
Sometimes I really do wonder...

Nick

Administrator

Defending what decision? What does it say? Go on....

Want to explain what you mean or just talking rubbish?

Nick

Administrator
talk about touching a nerve , yes some have defended the decision to close the thread !

And? So what if they have?

What is your point? Have you read the thread?

No nerve touched, just interesting see who loves a moan and about what.

Want to talk facts about what's deleted and closed and percentages before making silly snide remarks? ;)

Grendel

talk about touching a nerve , yes some have defended the decision to close the thread !

And some have clearly whined like bleating girls and had my last post on here deleted.

Censorship eh?

cloughie

And some have clearly whined like bleating girls and had my last post on here deleted.

Censorship eh?

The only whinning on here comes from you

yet I haven't reported your obscene post but I did suggest It may have been a good idea

obviously others thought your vile tripe unfit

Good for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread