"Why we did not take Arsenal Tickets" (1 Viewer)

Seyeclops666

We would like to clarify the reasons behind the decision not to take the additional ticket allocation for the FA Cup clash at Arsenal
Following Saturday’s sell-out of tickets for this Friday’s FA Cup tie with Arsenal, we wanted to clarify the reasons for deciding against taking a second allocation.

We understand that a number of supporters will have been unable to get tickets for the tie but the risk in accepting an additional 3,500 tickets was too great, especially when taking into account the circumstances around the match.

To those who wanted to go to the game but could not get a ticket, we apologise, but the club had to make the decision last Tuesday because that was the deadline imposed by Arsenal, who wanted to put those tickets on sale to their own supporters.

Had we taken the additional tickets (we had to take all of them, not a fraction) and not sold them, we would have been financially liable.

Last season, from an overall allocation of 9,091, we took 7,951 fans and the club had to pay for the additional 1,140 unsold tickets.

On the basis that this was our second visit to the Emirates, that the game was being screened live on television, it was a Friday night in London, it was more expensive per ticket than last season (when we didn’t sell out our allocation) and that many supporters expressed their inability to get to the game because of the Friday kick-off, the decision was taken not to take up the additional allocation.

Further to that, the second allocation would have been for the upper tier and would have been priced at £35.50 for adults, £33.50 for concessions and £29.00 for under-16s – therefore increasing the risk that they wouldn’t sell.

Because of that, we wanted to ensure that all supporters who have followed the club so far this season – home and/or away – got the opportunity to purchase at least two tickets for the game.

By the time they reached general sale on Saturday, any supporter who had attended any home or away game had been given the opportunity to purchase a ticket because we felt it right that fans who had been to at least one game (regardless of venue) should be able to buy before general sale.

On Saturday, there were still 600 tickets left and they sold out after around three hours.

Of course, we understand that this means some supporters have missed out on tickets but we could not be in a position where we had up to 3,500 tickets left unsold and would have been financially liable for each ticket at an adult ticket rate.

We understand that this will be no consolation to fans who were unable to get a ticket but we hope it, at least, explains our reasons for taking the decision we did and the evidence on which it was based.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...rates-200114-1305755.aspx#h6CDcoP0r5Sym6IM.99

Honestly .... Fair play to them.

I can't stand the scum as is well documented but I think that was the right decision.

RoboCCFC90

The problem is people buying tickets direct from the home teams when we are playing away will only have themselves to blame for this situation, if you had bought an away ticket from the Club you'd of been entitled to pick up an Arsenal ticket early.

AndreasB

To be fair, just because they've put something up on the website doesn't make it true! They're not going to put something up there saying we shit ourselves becuase we thought there was going to be a big protest on the TV are they?

It is but then some of our more competent staff appear to have got fed up of the turmoil and moved elsewhere. We know the ticket office is understaffed as there is a steady stream of posts on here from people who are having trouble making a purchase. At the end of the day, like in any business, the people at the top should be aware of what is happening in the business and doing something about it if they aren't happy with the way things are being run.

Hmm...must be difficult staffing a ticket office these days - hardly anything for weeks and then suddenly massive spikes in demand. Customer service is variable depending who you get.Online service is good and should be made even easier. Phone lines are dreadful.

coop

Or are they thinking that Arsenal will definitely sell the extra tickets so guaranteed 40% of the sales

shmmeee

Pretty sure they have explained why they sold them like they did. When the fans group spokesperson comes out and says nobody is going to go in a statement then what is expected?

To be fair that was fucking stupid. Why did the trust do that?

torchomatic

You better let them know they made a mistake then. I'm sure you have ins and outs of how many tickets were REALLY sold.

The last time we played at the Emirates it was a sellout. Yet they say that there were over 1,000 tickets not sold.

And people wonder why we don't believe a word that they say when they finally do.

Astute

The problem is people buying tickets direct from the home teams when we are playing away will only have themselves to blame for this situation, if you had bought an away ticket from the Club you'd of been entitled to pick up an Arsenal ticket early.

So are you saying it wasn't a sellout last time we played them in the cup yet they say differently? Looks like you have a random memory loss when needed with comments so far.

magic82ball

I would like to see anyone try and argue with that.

Cant argue with that. Not one bit.

I was protesting the decision but happy to admit I was wrong.

And well done the club in coming out clarifying their position.

Astute

You better let them know they made a mistake then. I'm sure you have ins and outs of how many tickets were REALLY sold.

I tried to buy a ticket for someone to be told the final allocation had been sold. Would you like to search when we played them on here to see if you are wrong or wrong?

RoboCCFC90

So are you saying it wasn't a sellout last time we played them in the cup yet they say differently? Looks like you have a random memory loss when needed with comments so far.

Well I can only go from what I saw around me and unfortunately I got my tickets late for the game last season after coming back from a holiday, however in the row in front of me there were three empty seats from recolection.

The highlighted bit is interesting, if you have something to say Astute don't be shy come out with it.

RoboCCFC90

Of course he does, don't you know Astute has all the appropriate information regarding the tickets and revenues, didn't you know that Torch?

Astute

Well I can only go from what I saw around me and unfortunately I got my tickets late for the game last season after coming back from a holiday, however in the row in front of me there were three empty seats from recolection.

The highlighted bit is interesting, if you have something to say Astute don't be shy come out with it.

So where was the other over 1,000 empty seats? Did our end look like about 12% never turned up?

RoboCCFC90

So where was the other over 1,000 empty seats? Did our end look like about 12% never turned up?

I don't know Drama Queen I wasn't looking around the rest of the Stadium looking for empty seats like a blind man without a dog! I was more interested in the F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L maybe you have heard about it before?

Astute

I don't know Drama Queen I wasn't looking around the rest of the Stadium looking for empty seats like a blind man without a dog! I was more interested in the F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L maybe you have heard about it before?

Our end was about full well before we kicked off. I remember comments made about it before the game. Not the normal rush from the pub before kickoff. We were all there to take in the atmosphere. And the supposed more than 1 in 9 empty seats would have been noticed.

Pete in Portugal

I agree - their explanation makes perfect sense to me. It's a refreshing change to see this level of transparency. They now need to apply that level of openness to other, (more important), issues.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What's brilliant about this thread is the pro-SISU sycophants all over some communication from the club, like a tramp with a bag of chips; whilst historically staying as tight-lipped as possible with regards any issue where their communication has been lamentably poor. Stadium location, shirt sponsors, etc.

And just to illustrate what candid comment is; yes, that's a clear statement. It's possible to pull holes in it if you wish, but it's a clear articulation of the club's chosen stance. Fair enough

RoboCCFC90

Our end was about full well before we kicked off. I remember comments made about it before the game. Not the normal rush from the pub before kickoff. We were all there to take in the atmosphere. And the supposed more than 1 in 9 empty seats would have been noticed.

Fair enough Astute however why would such a thing be made up? Oh yes that's right to spite you and all the others who don't go to Sixfields how could I forget.. :claping hands:

RoboCCFC90

What's brilliant about this thread is the pro-SISU sycophants all over some communication from the club, like a tramp with a bag of chips; whilst historically staying as tight-lipped as possible with regards any issue where their communication has been lamentably poor. Stadium location, shirt sponsors, etc.

And just to illustrate what candid comment is; yes, that's a clear statement. It's possible to pull holes in it if you wish, but it's a clear articulation of the club's chosen stance. Fair enough

I think that's harsh MMM, at the end of the day we all (well most of us Astute) respect the Club'ss viewpoint and see it as a fair explanation, however some people never seem satisfied, yes there maybe holes to pick in it, but at the end of the day sometimes you just have to say "Well done" and in this case I did.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Some people just like to moan.

Hell's teeth, Nick. Have you forgotten we've been relegated to our lowest league position in two generations, have been in transfer embargo for longer than the LibDems have been a laughing stock, have been in administration, and are now playing to 10% of our historical crowds, in a shitty third-rate out-of-town stadium, almost 40 miles away; governed by owners who have discussed 'liquidating' the club?

Don't you understand, people have a right to moan? Why don't you try offering the same fate to fans all over the country, and you'll begin to learn what real 'moaning' is :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think that's harsh MMM, at the end of the day we all (well most of us Astute) respect the Club'ss viewpoint and see it as a fair explanation, however some people never seem satisfied, yes there maybe holes to pick in it, but at the end of the day sometimes you just have to say "Well done" and in this case I did.

But what about when the same cast-of-characters, who applaud 'good communication' on this thread, disappear when there are questions to be answered with regards 'poor communication'? Especially on bigger issues. That seems - selective - shall we say?!?

Ashdown1

Common business sense has prevailed in this situation as I believe many would have baulked at the increased price for the top tier and the club would have been left picking up the tab. I'm still delighted at how many have snapped up the tickets with all of the issues that the club mentioned, it's a cracking show of strength again. As for the usual sycophantic suspects you are correct, they treat this like a fabulous show of goodwill by SISU in actually communicating a sensible decision but refuse to criticise almost everything else they have done to take the club down to where we are now. We have to remember though, it's about a dozen posters according to almost every poll put up here.

RoboCCFC90

But what about when the same cast-of-characters, who applaud 'good communication' on this thread, disappear when there are questions to be answered with regards 'poor communication'? Especially on bigger issues. That seems - selective - shall we say?!?

Well I would assume it's because some people are sick of discussing Sisu in the constant depressing tone of which they're making our club seem like a miserable, unplanned, instigated disaster, especialy when the subject appears on the forum in 8/10 every single day? (I would of have gone for 9/10 by the way but it does seem to have taken a little turn recently which I think is a little bit better and healthier for the forum)

Monners

Seems apparent that Arsenal were really pushing hard to keep the tickets back for their own fans, which is understanable given the waiting lists hey have for tickets. We could and maybe should have gone to general sale sooner, which would have helped to avoid the situation. But hey, its only one game and life goes on. Here's hoping for a brighteer future :)

shmmeee

Arsenal's normal gate (full) is 60,017. It was 58,531 for that game. So 1,486 off.

I'd imagine it was close to full for the Arsenal side, so roughly 1k down on the Cov side is reasonable.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well I would assume it's because some people are sick of discussing Sisu in the constant depressing tone of which they're making our club seem like a miserable, unplanned, instigated disaster, especialy when the subject appears on the forum in 8/10 every single day? (I would of have gone for 9/10 by the way but it does seem to have taken a little turn recently which I think is a little bit better and healthier for the forum)

Well, the 'usual suspects' shouldn't hold SISU in an evangelical light, just because they've put out an explanation; whilst ignoring it when they don't. Surely, if it's as you assert - and they're sick of discussing SISU - they should simply treat this as the correspondence it is, rather than heralding it as the next magna carta, huh?

Nick

Administrator
I can't see who has been creaming themselves over this statement? Most have just said fair play.

RoboCCFC90

I can't see who has been creaming themselves over this statement? Most have just said fair play.

'Usual suspects'

covmark

I can't see who has been creaming themselves over this statement?
No one has, just people saying fair enough. But surprise surprise it's jumped on, to accuse posters of being pro sisu sycophants. Change the damn record.

RoboCCFC90

Well, the 'usual suspects' shouldn't hold SISU in an evangelical light, just because they've put out an explanation; whilst ignoring it when they don't. Surely, if it's as you assert - and they're sick of discussing SISU - they should simply treat this as the correspondence it is, rather than heralding it as the next magna carta, huh?

Look MMM sometimes you give credit where it's due and tell people they're wrong, when they're wrong, however I don't think anyone is smashing one off, over the delight of this statement, well done Sisu and CCFC now we move on and hope that in the future they will continue to be as forecoming with such information.

AndreasB

No one has pointed this out as SISU being great at communications. In fact mostly the opposite including me - ie they are piss poor usually but got this one right. Of course we are all "SISU sycophants" though. Quite funny seeing all the hotheads squirming because facts have been proved greater than swivel eyed conspiracy bollocks.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well, I'll treat 'SISU in!', with the contempt it deserves. The 'Damned if you don't, Damned if you do........... ' is a clear reference to SISU being criticised if they don't communicate (as in the stadium), but criticised if they do (as in tickets for a cup game), i.e. stating they're in a no-win situation. They're not. And to try and insinuate they are is distasteful in the extreme

RoboCCFC90

Well, I'll treat 'SISU in!', with the contempt it deserves. The 'Damned if you don't, Damned if you do........... ' is a clear reference to SISU being criticised if they don't communicate (as in the stadium), but criticised if they do (as in tickets for a cup game), i.e. stating they're in a no-win situation. They're not. And to try and insinuate they are is distasteful in the extreme

You and Astute are proving that one to be correct in itself I am afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread