Why You Dislike Other Teams ? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Interesting Wolves 70's anecdote coming up, courtesy of step-dad who fancied himself as a 'Cov Ultra'...pfft:

Basically, he starts kicking off during the cup game (??) at Molineux, gets arrested with his mate - and because he gave the Coppers so much stick and gob, they chucked him in a cell with 4 Wolves fans...

...later, he met his friend outside when they were released, he says to my step-dad:

''Oi, Paul, did you hear that poor bastard in the cells screaming like a woman? He must have had a right kicking."

To which the inevitable response was: "That was meeeeeeeeee!!"

So yeah, he hates Wolves. Their fans are quite ignorant and nasty, but otherwise, couldn't care less.

My dad also has a hatred of Wolves as he spent a night in hospital or a cell with a broken left hand after being hit with a broom handle, but he does say that the only good bit was the guy that broke his hand was nearby with a broken nose etc my dad is right handed:whistle:

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

West Ham - media bias, celebrity fans, thinking they won the World Cup, the West Ham way

Portsmouth - bought the fa cup by overspending and then wanted sympathy when it went tits up

Like Man U as I had a George Best video as a kid and went to uni there, but good points about the 90s glory fans. Lived with a couple who'd never been to Manchester before. When they opted out of the fa cup they said it was a worthless tin pot competition anyway - arrogant, non-mancunian pricks

You have added some good reasons to my hatred of West Ham.

bringbackrattles

In the 70's had loads of aggro with away fans as they always tried to take the West End.Big punch up with Arsenal once and one of their fans punched me in the head,but it bounced off as he never connected right,so got him a beauty with a left hook which sent him flying,which resulted in a mass brawl and we got them out of our end. But we had so much trouble back then any clubs fans that came to Highfield Road was the enemy. Mad days !

Users who are viewing this thread