Wilson- Bournemouth (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Bournemouth have just sold there prolific goalscorer to Norwich and received top money - Wilson top of there target agenda

im-confused

Does anyone know how much they sold him for? I heard he had a £3 Million release clause in his contract, but I keep seeing the phrase "top money" being thrown around.

Gint11

Bournemouths interest was only rumoured but I guess now they have sold their striker it could be very possible they could turn to Wilson. Lets see what metal we have got! if he goes we will almost certainly be relegated.

gouldberg

Let's be honest here, we know from past experience Sisu don't really have the steel to say no to anything in the 7 digit region. I'm sure if Bournemouth (or any other team for that matter) came in with a £2m bid we'd rip their arm off.

He certainly wouldn't be the first player to be sold despite saying they're happy to stay, that much I can tell you for free.

Gint11

Regardless of Wilson's potential £1 million for a league one player is good business, not good for a clu wanting to progress but good value for 3rd tier. I think he is gone.

woody11462

Regardless of Wilson's potential £1 million for a league one player is good business, not good for a clu wanting to progress but good value for 3rd tier. I think he is gone.

Don't agree with that, a 20 goal a season striker is very difficult to find. Add to that he is young and has lightening pace means 1 million is not good business at all.

ollyservetta

wouldn't blame the lad if he went ,all that's going on ,a move to the seaside ,nice standard of living ,id be gone in a shot

Sbarcher

Add another £5m as their share for Lallana and they are oozing loot!

kg82

Relegation on the horizon

Right, cos this time last year we didn't even know he'd be starting games, let alone banging the goals in. Oh, and there's the small matter that the threads saying Bournemouth have sold their striker, not we've sold ours! Ridiculous how some people get over a thread started on here.

Skyblueweeman

Let's be honest here, we know from past experience Sisu don't really have the steel to say no to anything in the 7 digit region. I'm sure if Bournemouth (or any other team for that matter) came in with a £2m bid we'd rip their arm off.

He certainly wouldn't be the first player to be sold despite saying they're happy to stay, that much I can tell you for free.

Much like 95% of league clubs, no??

Skyblueweeman

Don't agree with that, a 20 goal a season striker is very difficult to find. Add to that he is young and has lightening pace means 1 million is not good business at all.

I agree with you Woody on this one. I think you have to look at Nahki Wells as a like for like comparison...young, pacey, scored a hat full of goals in a mediocre team last season. Although undisclosed (this also isn't just us), I thought I heard somewhere in the region of £2.5-£3m.

WM

RoboCCFC90

Don't worry, we are building a stadium around Coventry:whistle::facepalm:

That must be one big stadium if we are going to build it around Coventry? How much capacity will we have? Will we have a good view of the playing surface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

I agree with you Woody on this one. I think you have to look at Nahki Wells as a like for like comparison...young, pacey, scored a hat full of goals in a mediocre team last season. Although undisclosed (this also isn't just us), I thought I heard somewhere in the region of £2.5-£3m.

WM

£1.5M+ Add ons pal. Bradford fans were all discussing it in January on the L1 Banter Page..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure what the ffp rules are regarding what we could spend from the sale, but IF it's 100%, and IF Calum said he wanted away, then I would want £3M for him - and I would want it invested in the team. If they cash in on him for less and he hasn't asked to leave and they pocket most of the ££££, we're officially ****ed and the only way I'd forgive (a bit) them is if they they said bye bye to the club after a failed JR debacle. To start the season without Murphy, Moussa, Wilson will be hard to deal with ... and interesting what SPs reaction would be although his star will struggle to shine with the side he is likely to be able to field). I'm stopping tying as I'm depressing myself now :facepalm:

Tonylinc

Whilst I would be sad to see Wilson leave was much of his success not down to having LC along side of him? Without LC how many goals will he score next season?

Sky Blue Harry H

Whilst I would be sad to see Wilson leave was much of his success not down to having LC along side of him? Without LC how many goals will he score next season?

Tony - He has lightning pace and if he has anyone half decent to play off he will still score plenty IMHO - he's one that whilst on the pitch will worry the opposition and make his teammates think they've always got a chance - I vote KEEP HIM !!!!

Grendel

Tony - He has lightning pace and if he has anyone half decent to play off he will still score plenty IMHO - he's one that whilst on the pitch will worry the opposition and make his teammates think they've always got a chance - I vote KEEP HIM !!!!

I voted to keep Ian Wallace. Jimmy Hill didn't agree.

Hobo

I voted to keep Ian Wallace. Jimmy Hill didn't agree.

So did I as well as voting for Denis Mortimer, Gary Thompson, Danny Thomas, George Boateng.

Users who are viewing this thread