Wilson goal (1 Viewer)

curly_tom

Every game has moments where the ref gets it wrong, it's part of the game. We should have had a penalty against Watford but didn't and Blackpool against us. That's why they brought VAR in but there's still loads of controversy. I prefer the game without VAR, I like the mess and the mistakes by refs. There could have been sendings off in this match and other fouls or penalties. The ref could never see the handball and even if there was VAR I'm not sure it would be conclusive enough to disallow the goal. For me it makes it all the sweeter after Blackburn rolling around on the floor and kicking the ball away, their fans holding on to the ball etc.

ProfessorbyGrace

But this is the point surely? Football supporters are totally biased and can’t assess a referees performance

The stoke offside goal is an example of the officials being labelled corrupt and cheating when it actually proved to be a correct decision - which at the time I couldn’t believe was
Of course, it’s easy to fall into a biased mindset, and in truth, Fadz and Travis should have seen red, respectively. In an objective, unbiased perspective.

Although Travis infuriated me with his gamesmanship and aggression, I did think to myself after the game, that we could do with a player like that at times.

Sky Blue Pete

Of course, it’s easy to fall into a biased mindset, and in truth, Fadz and Travis should have seen red, respectively. In an objective, unbiased perspective.

Although Travis infuriated me with his gamesmanship and aggression, I did think to myself after the game, that we could do with a player like that at times.
We had one it was Hamer mk1 mk2 version is better

skyblueelephant76

Every game has moments where the ref gets it wrong, it's part of the game. We should have had a penalty against Watford but didn't and Blackpool against us. That's why they brought VAR in but there's still loads of controversy. I prefer the game without VAR, I like the mess and the mistakes by refs. There could have been sendings off in this match and other fouls or penalties. The ref could never see the handball and even if there was VAR I'm not sure it would be conclusive enough to disallow the goal. For me it makes it all the sweeter after Blackburn rolling around on the floor and kicking the ball away, their fans holding on to the ball etc.
The Sky referee review said there was no evidence to disallow the goal and they would have gone with the on field decision

Speedie's Head

If we must have VAR then it should have a margin of error built in, like cricket does, to support the on-field decision - unless it's obviously wrong. I like the umpire's call bit. Getting the Atomic Force Microscope out to measure offside is just a nonsense. I'm not sure how you would do that with VAR I've never thought about it really but it's important to keep the game flowing, American Football was ruined for a time by ridiculous over-use of the replays (just because they could) until they found a happier medium. A one hour game still takes over three hours to complete!

Johhny Blue

On their forum there’s a behind goal still by still. It’s obvious it did.

I don’t see why people try and deny it.

Their fans seem more annoyed that Mcfazdean wasn’t sent off. For what I have no idea
That was the angle that convinced me it wasn’t handball. After all the Blackburn antics I would feel better if it was.
Fadz was a lucky boy to stay on.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The Sky referee review said there was no evidence to disallow the goal and they would have gone with the on field decision

So if the Sky referee is undecided with all the camera angles then no wonder the referee didn't see it.

Sky Blue Pete

What was Carroll shaking his head about

mark82

But this is the point surely? Football supporters are totally biased and can’t assess a referees performance

The stoke offside goal is an example of the officials being labelled corrupt and cheating when it actually proved to be a correct decision - which at the time I couldn’t believe was

I'm one of the worst offenders for this, so can ignore my opinions on referee decisions. Will still continue to give them though.

djr8369

Noticed one of the commentators for the Preston Blackburn game said it should have been disallowed for hand ball. Seemed an odd thing to say when there doesn’t seem to be any footage showing that.

Also, the poetry of Hyam scoring the own goal was sublime. Football writes some amazing stories sometimes.

Brighton Sky Blue

Noticed one of the commentators for the Preston Blackburn game said it should have been disallowed for hand ball. Seemed an odd thing to say when there doesn’t seem to be any footage showing that.

Also, the poetry of Hyam scoring the own goal was sublime. Football writes some amazing stories sometimes.
And of Szmodics cheating with his hand then trying to bullshit the ref into allowing the goal

Users who are viewing this thread