Win the FA Cup or promotion for one year . (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Win the cup. If you ask fans from Swansea, Blues and Wigan I bet most will say they wouldn’t swap their cup wins for being in the Prem now despite how things have gone since.

Boicey

Is winning the FA cup that much ‘history’ anymore? Can you remember who won the last few or anything about the games? Did you even watch them?

In the end the whole driving purpose of the team and management is to strive for promotion. To become the top Premiership standard.

Mr Panda

Is winning the FA cup that much ‘history’ anymore? Can you remember who won the last few or anything about the games? Did you even watch them?

In the end the whole driving purpose of the team and management is to strive for promotion. To become the top Premiership standard.

We'd be the first to win it outside the premier league since football was invented in 1992 - that's memorable!

Terry Gibson's perm

Although I would love a European adventure after a cup win I would have to choose promotion especially if it was instead of the six fingered gang at the other end of the m69.

The premier league would probably say non prem teams can’t enter Europe and try to force it through with the fa so that Fulham can moan about the extra games and play their reserves.

stupot07

We're never going to win the FA Cup, but we do have a chance at being promoted. Whilst it wouldn't be nice to see us do a Sheffield in the premier league, the £200m for being promoted would be a complete game changer for the club.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I bet Burnley fans will talk about this season for many many years . As they did last time . Achieved absolutely bugger all. They'd take a trophy instead I'm sure.

Mucca Mad Boys

FA Cup would be legendary - I’ve changed my mind since the last thread on the topic.

It’s felt quite nice being snide about being in the quarter finals! 😂

Alkhen

Didn't we do this thread before the last round ?🤣

Cup and it's not even remotely close. Odds on on a team of our status winning the cup are tiny. It would be huge for us and raise our profile massively. People saying that the FA cup isn't glamorous anymore are missing the point that a championship team winning it would help bring the magic back to the competition.

Would also mean a European adventure next year. Something we were cruelly denied in 87.

Plenty of opportunities to build a better squad and have a run at the league in the next few seasons. Obviously I'd take promotion any way we can get it but the squad is work in progress and we'd get battered like Sheffield United are if we went up now.

Boicey

No it's not.....
It's about winning honours.
I think the players would take making it to the Premiership. Playing at the top table, pinnacle of their career.
Rather than winning a cup many don’t take seriously anymore. it’s not much of an ‘honour’ anymore is it??

Alkhen

I think the players would take making it to the Premiership. Playing at the top table, pinnacle of their career.
Rather than winning a cup many don’t take seriously anymore. it’s not much of an ‘honour’ anymore is it??
You sound dangerously like a Man city fan jaded by success 🤣 It's only belittled because it's won by the same 4 or 5 teams.

Ask any Leicester, Portsmouth or Wigan fan and they would tell you how much it means

Otis

Didn't we do this thread before the last round ?🤣

Cup and it's not even remotely close. Odds on on a team of our status winning the cup are tiny. It would be huge for us and raise our profile massively. People saying that the FA cup isn't glamorous anymore are missing the point that a championship team winning it would help bring the magic back to the competition.

Would also mean a European adventure next year. Something we were cruelly denied in 87.

Plenty of opportunities to build a better squad and have a run at the league in the next few seasons. Obviously I'd take promotion any way we can get it but the squad is work in progress and we'd get battered like Sheffield United are if we went up now.
Exactly my thoughts.

Boicey

You sound dangerously like a Man city fan jaded by success 🤣 It's only belittled because it's won by the same 4 or 5 teams.

Ask any Leicester, Portsmouth or Wigan fan and they would tell you how much it means
You reckon the players would regard winning the FA cup as a greater ‘honour’ than making it to the premiership?
You’d swap winning the cup as it is now with getting back to the top tier for the first time in over 20 years and playing all the top teams home and away?

Last edited:

Alkhen

You reckon the players would regard winning the FA cup as a greater ‘honour’ than making it to the premiership?
You’d swap wining the cup as it is now with getting back to the top tier for the first time in over 20 years and playing all the top teams home and away?
The question wasn't what the players would like was it.

Anyhow I reckon most would rather a medal and a shot at the Europa League next season.

After all you can't show the grandkids your 20th place Premier League participation medal can you.

Brighton Sky Blue

To win it would most likely mean having beaten two of Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool in the process at Wembley, European football, millions in prize money and a load of profile boost.

Pretty good compensation for not going up in my view, but ultimately irrelevant as it'll come undone at Molineux anyway.

Otis

To win it would most likely mean having beaten two of Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool in the process at Wembley, European football, millions in prize money and a load of profile boost.

Pretty good compensation for not going up in my view, but ultimately irrelevant as it'll come undone at Molineux anyway.
We can win for sure, but it's going to need Wolves to be off form and us to have quite a bit of luck.

pusbccfc

Win the cup. If you ask fans from Swansea, Blues and Wigan I bet most will say they wouldn’t swap their cup wins for being in the Prem now despite how things have gone since.

Spot on

ajl

We would also get European football if we won the cup, and the money that goes with that

Yes we'd get spanked but a historic fa cup win and a season in Europe, trumps promotion for me

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Otis

The Wolves manager seems to think it’s in the bag based on his comments. Probably not wrong
Well, it's a game of football at the end of the day. Own goals are scored, contentious decisions are made, players do get sent off and often, there is a slice of luck with a deflection and out of the blue wonder goals are scored etc.

I predict a loss of course, but who knows, if the Gods are with us on the day, we have a chance.

SkyBlueMatt

FA cup. I'd only want to get promoted to the PL for the money, we're never going to realistically ever compete.

Sure it's been devalued by the top clubs but for lower end Prem and Championship clubs, it still means a lot.

Promotion would revolutionise the club but in 10 years time. No one is going to care about a season spent getting beat most weeks.

I can only live off the Checkatrade Trophy for so long!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Otis

FA cup. I'd only want to get promoted to the PL for the money, we're never going to realistically ever compete.

Sure it's been devalued by the top clubs but for lower end Prem and Championship clubs, it still means a lot.

Promotion would revolutionise the club but in 10 years time. No one is going to care about a season spent getting beat most weeks.

I can only live off the Checkatrade Trophy for so long!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
I would love us to be able to go up to the Premier and make a fist of it, but I really think we would end up like Derby and be utterly embarrassed every week.

Would love to be proved wrong of course.

Briles

the last team I remember winning the FA cup was Wigan

Brighton Sky Blue

I would love us to be able to go up to the Premier and make a fist of it, but I really think we would end up like Derby and be utterly embarrassed every week.

Would love to be proved wrong of course.
I doubt that. Luton have put up by far the best go of it out of the 3 this season.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Players would want Prem all day long as its life changing for their agents and them with their new contracts.
FA Cup all day long, only really 4 trophies to win all year, who knows the positions in the prem from 8-17 year on year. If you can stay in there, great financially and always a better chance of then doing better in the cups because of that.

Otis

I doubt that. Luton have put up by far the best go of it out of the 3 this season.
They have, but name players we have who could do a job in the Premier.

I think we would pretty much need a new team.

I am definitely leaning towards a more Derby situation than a Luton one unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread