Window Cleaners (1 Viewer)

tommydazzle

I thought you blokes called yourselves 'clear glazing engineers' these days?

bringbackrattles

I thought you blokes called yourselves 'clear glazing engineers' these days?
Off subject a little. You know when you're at a party or where you're talking to new people, and they ask you "what do you do then ? "
When I reply " I'm a window cleaner." You always get a smile or chuckle, and a " bet you've got some tales to tell ?" No offence but anybody who works in a shop or warehouse or office would probably get a blank stare back. But I bet more goes on at the places I've mentioned than you imagine !

Otis

Off subject a little. You know when you're at a party or where you're talking to new people, and they ask you "what do you do then ? "
When I reply " I'm a window cleaner." You always get a smile or chuckle, and a " bet you've got some tales to tell ?" No offence but anybody who works in a shop or warehouse or office would probably get a blank stare back. But I bet more goes on at the places I've mentioned than you imagine !
Swings and roundabouts I suppose, because I used to work as a fluffer for a couple of years and never ever saw anything.

Always helps when you keep your eyes closed, mind.

tommydazzle

You're right there BBR - my local Tesco famously (or infamously) in the news recently when the manager got caught on camera 'tasting the difference' with one of his young girl employees.

I seem to remember it was always window cleaners and milkmen in the old Confessions of a ........saucy comedies of the 70s. As a teenager then, it seemed like great career advice.

bringbackrattles

You're right there BBR - my local Tesco famously (or infamously) in the news recently when the manager got caught on camera 'tasting the difference' with one of his young girl employees.

I seem to remember it was always window cleaners and milkmen in the old Confessions of a ........saucy comedies of the 70s. As a teenager then, it seemed like great career advice.
That was a funny comedy film Confessions Of A Window Cleaner with Robin Askwith if that was his name ? I met my ex missus on the round,and a couple of years ago had a "romance" with another nice lady who I met while cleaning her cottage. No Otis that is a not a euphemism ! But other than that its tea and biscuits from elderly ladies, and being ripped off by Mr Ghandi and such like !

Users who are viewing this thread