Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
We'd be 11 points clear of relegation if we took out the first dozen games and started from there .. so no ..we wouldn't

I’m talking about that PPG over a whole season. Wouldn’t be comfortable that’s for sure especially without points deductions

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
I’m talking about that PPG over a whole season. Wouldn’t be comfortable that’s for sure especially without points deductions

Youre moving the goalposts .. the fact is you are wrong mate .. I took the 12 games out , we are 11 clear

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
No I think you misunderstood my point.
No I understood it entirely , the last 25 matches we are 11 clear of relegation .. several teams worse than us .. there is not a single metric 5 games 10 games 15 games that shows us in relegation form ..

Therfore we would survive

Reactions: covcity4life

pusbccfc

Apr 15, 2011
Coventry

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Meltdown again I see as we lost.
It's not just about this defeat (the 3rd in 4 games), it's about our form over 4 months now which has seen 7 wins from 20 matches, this is form which will see us in the bottom 3rd the table. That's even before one or more of the best players is sold.

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
I get it that we all feel a bit down after last night’s debacle.

Last 3 games;

Luton - Desperately unlucky.

Sheff Utd - world beaters

Hull - Poor, deflated, but - one freak goal against, at least one certain pen denied, a goal that could so easily have been given - fine margins. Another night it’s 2-1.

I enjoy getting childish emojis and comments and I’m sure I’ll get some now, nonetheless;

We have some talented players.
We have some players, who, for whatever reasons, haven’t performed to expectations.
We have some players who, with hindsight and wisdom should not have been signed.

I’m concerned about the recruitment strategy. For every Hamer there have been 4 DaCostas, Kastaneers, Hilssners, Jobellos. Were these players scouted with anything more than YouTube?

Signing over 30’s on good contracts needs to stop.

We need to pad out our u23s with young players that can step up. Defensively yesterday is a prime example. Sheaf isn’t a central defender who should have been matched against a big physical striker.

Some of our mid-age players seem to have developed well. Sheaf has better ball retention. Allen puts himself about a bit more.

Where we do need to develop is self belief.

Too often we play too many extra passes around the box where a good old fashioned smack is a better option.

Luton had a hit and hope against us. It went in.

Last night was one hit and hope and one smack from the edge of the box that did for us.

Had any of those scenarios landed to say, Jamie Allen then I believe the ball would have gone sideways.

Get a Ted Lasso sign up over the door of the dressing room on matchdays.

“Believe”.

Last edited:
  • Poo
Reactions: CovBrummie94

DionDublinsJockstrap

Feb 3, 2013
To have a first 11 that improve on this season we need:

A CB + JCS
2 Wingbacks if we insist on playing 5 at the back, if not Kane/Dabo and Bidwell should suffice.
And a Striker/AM To replace Godden

On top of that we neee significant squad depth too.

It’s a lot of investment that SISU won’t stump up
Is that the same Godden who has a scoring rate second only to Mitrovic

Macca

Mar 6, 2011
There’s a very good chance we’ll regress for the first time under him next season. If again there’s a lack of investment the following summer, he may decide to go.

I’d be off this summer if I was him. A cup final win, 2 promotions and mid table championship yet still not the backing to push for top 6 in a freak of a season sod them

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
To be fair , most fans said we'd do well to stay up this year.
I did. At one point we won't progress in league position... and it won't be the manager's fault.

Anyway, reasons to be cheerful - Howley, Bapaga, Eccles, Tavares all a year older and a year wiser. Depth can come from within the squad too.

SlowerThanPlatt

Dec 16, 2011
Herefordshire/Coventry
I’d be off this summer if I was him. A cup final win, 2 promotions and mid table championship yet still not the backing to push for top 6 in a freak of a season sod them

He’s done an admirable job in the circumstances but not sure where he’ll be moving to? Premier League clubs won’t consider him, I thought Sheffield United may come in for him but they’re doing well now.

napolimp

Sep 2, 2014
This thread is hilarious.

I like how the only two options available are play offs with possible promotion to the Premier league, or certain relegation next season.

Users who are viewing this thread