Wll said Spider (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

1. I have no idea.

2. What part of "I'd much rather an owner who doesn't find it ok to move teams about. Wouldn't you?" can you not read? This means an owner who wouldn't move teams, that could be SISU, Wasps or Winkleman etc.

1) but you do think they'll move us if they take over?

2) I was expecting a yes or no, not a lecture about wasps and Winkleman. Can you not read?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not exactly keen on the Wasps owners but IF it did happen it could be the best solution. We wouldn't have to build a new stadium and Wasps owners would have a vested interest in making CCFC successful at the Ricoh.

Not ideal but could be the only way out of the dire position we are in.

The obvious question is why on earth would Wasps want to take on another loss making business when Wasps and ACL both showed losses in there latest account

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
1) but you do think they'll move us if they take over?

2) I was expecting a yes or no, not a lecture about wasps and Winkleman. Can you not read?

1. I don't know, do you?

2. I can read and also write. I have already said owners who don't move us about. That means I would prefer neither SISU or Wasps or anybody else who finds it ok to move teams about. It wasn't a lecture was it?

torchomatic

torchomatic

Well, I don't know about that. As I said we'd be going from the frying pan into the fire. Wasps owners were happy enough to move 85 miles for money. What's to say they wouldn't do it again.

That would be the best solution,however Wasps owning us would not be the disaster that our present owners are.

Nick

Administrator
That would be the best solution,however Wasps owning us would not be the disaster that our present owners are.

Let me get this straight, you have the most vocal protestors about hating SISU for moving our club who now seem to be the ones who like Wasps and saying them owning the club wouldn't be that bad?

How does that work?

Screw them all, ideally I don't want any of them about.

skybluetony176

What you are saying is that it would be a good idea to be owned by owners who find it absolutely ok to move 80 miles around the country?

I'm not saying anything. I'm just curious why you and Torch think that Wasps would move us if they owned us.

Nick

Administrator
But saw nothing wrong in the move then? Bearing in mind nobody knew how long it was going to be for.

At the time I knew it was not permanent, I didn't like it but I like supporting my team. The moment it was declared as permanent, I would have been done with it.

I'd suggest you have a word with your mates who defend the Wasps permanent move if you want to pick that sort of battle. I just watched the team I support.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well, I don't know about that. As I said we'd be going from the frying pan into the fire. Wasps owners were happy enough to move 85 miles for money. What's to say they wouldn't do it again.

Let me get this straight, you have the most vocal protestors about hating SISU for moving our club who now seem to be the ones who like Wasps and saying them owning the club wouldn't be that bad?

How does that work?

Screw them all, ideally I don't want any of them about.

Ok I know when I'm beat;) Have a nice evening

skybluetony176

1. I don't know, do you?

2. I can read and also write. I have already said owners who don't move us about. That means I would prefer neither SISU or Wasps or anybody else who finds it ok to move teams about. It wasn't a lecture was it?

1) given that they already own the stadium we play in I think it's safe to say we won't be moving. Don't you?

2) but you do accept that SISU are the only ones who would move us for the reason stated above?

skybluetony176

The small fact that they have a 250 year lease on the stadium we already play in that also happens to be situated in the City we're supposed to be from. Where would be the logic in "doing it again"?

Nick

Administrator
The small fact that they have a 250 year lease on the stadium we already play in that also happens to be situated in the City we're supposed to be from. Where would be the logic in "doing it again"?

So having owners who bullshit fans and move clubs would be a good thing or not?

Baffles me that how the most hardcore people who don't like SISU seem to have a little bit of love for Wasps. What is wrong with wanting neither of them owning our club? Why does everything always have to be one or the other?

hill83

I'm not so sure the 'anyone but Sisu' route, which wanting wasps involved clearly is, is such a good idea really.

torchomatic

And? We had a 40 year lease. Once the novelty has worn off then what's to stop them moving again.

I find it weird that fans would want to take the risk.

skybluetony176

So having owners who bullshit fans and move clubs would be a good thing or not?

Baffles me that how the most hardcore people who don't like SISU seem to have a little bit of love for Wasps.

Just how many clubs have wasps moved? I thought it was just the one but apparently its plural. Anyway being owned by an owner who owns the ground we play in is definitely better than being owned by the current bunch especially when you consider they're the ones talking about moving us. There is zero chance of Wasps moving us if they owned us (something you clearly don't want to acknowledge) in fact we'd have 250years of security in Coventry, something we haven't had since we sold HR and something we all apparently wanted.

As for being owned by owners who bullshit us. Have ever been owned by anyone who hasn't bullshitted us? Or any other club in the league for that matter? It's par for the course.

We could do alot worse, including sticking with SISU. I certainly can't see an Ambramovic type coming in can you?

skybluetony176

And? We had a 40 year lease. Once the novelty has worn off then what's to stop them moving again.

I find it weird that fans would want to take the risk.

So they'd move us out of boredom. Are you for real.

They're business men who own a 250 year lease on the Stadium we play in WTF has novelty factor got to do with it.

I can't believe you accuse me of being irrational where SISU are concerned and then write this shit.

I don't want to risk anyone moving us out the city again. Hence I'd rather be owned by someone that owns a stadium in the city than someone proposing to build one for us outside the city.

Nick

Administrator
Just how many clubs have wasps moved? I thought it was just the one but apparently its plural. Anyway being owned by an owner who owns the ground we play in is definitely better than being owned by the current bunch especially when you consider they're the ones talking about moving us. There is zero chance of Wasps moving us if they owned us (something you clearly don't want to acknowledge) in fact we'd have 250years of security in Coventry, something we haven't had since we sold HR and something we all apparently wanted.

As for being owned by owners who bullshit us. Have ever been owned by anyone who hasn't bullshitted us? Or any other club in the league for that matter? It's par for the course.

We could do alot worse, including sticking with SISU. I certainly can't see an Ambramovic type coming in can you?

We can't acknowledge it because we don't know do we?

How long was our lease before we moved for again?

Are people really coming on here trying to justify us being owned by wasps? The same people who are quite vocal in hating SISU so much?

Have a step back before posting, it is the same with Thorn, the same with Pressley. Same as the whole "Fergie couldn't do a better job".

Hobo

It is a shame a thread about Chris Cattlin on the Radio has not discussed what he was really saying
1) A great club
2) it is too good a club not to bounce back and it will
3) the people running it for the last 10 or so years have been jokers
4) Pressley had his hands tied
5) Mowbray is an experienced manager and a proper footballing man and will do a good job
6) Fans give him and the team support just go and get behind them
7) The football club needs to appreciate its fans and realise it is nothing without them

it was clear he has a great passion for the club, he considers it to be his club, still comes up to watch them

Good honest straight talking man, well said 'Spider' a true Sky Blue

NorthernWisdom

It is a shame a thread about Chris Cattlin on the Radio has not discussed what he was really saying
1) A great club
2) it is too good a club not to bounce back and it will
3) the people running it for the last 10 or so years have been jokers
4) Pressley had his hands tied
5) Mowbray is an experienced manager and a proper footballing man and will do a good job
6) Fans give him and the team support just go and get behind them
7) The football club needs to appreciate its fans and realise it is nothing without them

it was clear he has a great passion for the club, he considers it to be his club, still comes up to watch them

Good honest straight talking man, well said 'Spider' a true Sky Blue

If that's the main content then great, can we focus on that indeed!

martcov

We can't acknowledge it because we don't know do we?

How long was our lease before we moved for again?

Are people really coming on here trying to justify us being owned by wasps? The same people who are quite vocal in hating SISU so much?

Have a step back before posting, it is the same with Thorn, the same with Pressley. Same as the whole "Fergie couldn't do a better job".

Yes. People such as Tony are stating the obvious. Owners who own a stadium in Coventry are a better Bet than ones trying to build a smaller stadium somewhere near by. A new billionaire Owner who wants to make City World Beaters would be great..... Chances are extremely Remote, so being under the Wing of someone with a stadium in Coventry that needs filling sounds a reasonable option ( if They ever wanted us ).

stupot07

I'm not exactly keen on the Wasps owners but IF it did happen it could be the best solution. We wouldn't have to build a new stadium and Wasps owners would have a vested interest in making CCFC successful at the Ricoh.

Not ideal but could be the only way out of the dire position we are in.

The obvious question is why on earth would Wasps want to take on another loss making business when Wasps and ACL both showed losses in there latest account

How can wasp make both and them a success at the Ricoh without the need for them to invest heavily year on year out. 3 loss making organisations, not enough money in the Ricoh to fund both wasps and our losses, especially if we got promoted out of league one. Makes no financial sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Yes. People such as Tony are stating the obvious. Owners who own a stadium in Coventry are a better Bet than ones trying to build a smaller stadium somewhere near by. A new billionaire Owner who wants to make City World Beaters would be great..... Chances are extremely Remote, so being under the Wing of someone with a stadium in Coventry that needs filling sounds a reasonable option ( if They ever wanted us ).

Exactly. And like you said "if they ever wanted us"

torchomatic

Me for real? You hate our hedge fund owners with a history for moving teams and yet want to replace them with a hedge fund with a history for moving teams?

Novelty? Yep. When the freebies start running out and crowds start to dwindle, what's to stop them from playing the "we have to move to survive" card? After all they have a big loan to repay.

Anyway, last word from me. I want to concentrate on our fine new manager and the renewed optimism in our team.

And Chris Catlin was great and agreed with every word from our owners to a call to our fans to forget off field issues and to simply support thd team.

So they'd move us out of boredom. Are you for real.

They're business men who own a 250 year lease on the Stadium we play in WTF has novelty factor got to do with it.

I can't believe you accuse me of being irrational where SISU are concerned and then write this shit.

I don't want to risk anyone moving us out the city again. Hence I'd rather be owned by someone that owns a stadium in the city than someone proposing to build one for us outside the city.

SkyBlue_Bear83

How can wasp make both and them a success at the Ricoh without the need for them to invest heavily year on year out. 3 loss making organisations, not enough money in the Ricoh to fund both wasps and our losses, especially if we got promoted out of league one. Makes no financial sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Yea obviously it makes no sense as they seemingly can't afford to take us on with two other loss making businesses to turn around. I'm just saying imo we'd be better off being owned by the same entity who own the Ricoh, even if they are Wasps rather than what we currently are under SISU.

Users who are viewing this thread