Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Try not to shudder
We lost? I don’t know where I got that info from 😂 I’m sure we tanked someone and always thought it was Saarbrucken

Reid was ill? When did he join us then for pre season - I’m sure him and Sherwood spent most of the summer as Euro 2004 pundits

no wonder we were shit

hamertime

Go and save the planet mate. Most female commentators on football are crap at it and you know it
Couldn’t agree more, even my mrs is sick of the women commentators. I want to watch men’s football talked about my men, if I wanted to listen to women I’d go and watch women’s football but that’s like watching paint dry.

Its not sexist it’s just women haven’t a clue
And are not very good at football. If it’s beach volleyball on the other hand I’d rather go and watch the women.

Grendel

I think the women pundits fit some reason are generally very poor.

There is also an over-representation yet oddly womens football has no male pundits.

Robinshio

We lost? I don’t know where I got that info from 😂 I’m sure we tanked someone and always thought it was Saarbrucken

Reid was ill? When did he join us then for pre season - I’m sure him and Sherwood spent most of the summer as Euro 2004 pundits

no wonder we were shit
2003 10-1 v SC weismann (cant find them anywhere on google)
2004 7-2 v Oggersheim who seem to now play parks football

hamertime

Men’s football for men women’s foootbal for women, simples.

It used to be a place we could get away from them for a bit.

Robinshio

A pundit should be both informed and be a good presenter - which includes knowing when to switch from serious to humour etc
There are many males who fit that and many who dont . Just as there are many females who dont
Saying every female presenter is good at their job and saying it is wrong to criticise is just wrong, but the same with men - I give you Michael owen!

Grendel

I'm sure Dion Dublin and Ian Wright have been pundits for womens tournaments over the last few years.

In talking about the weekly highlights programmes

baldy

Well it doesn’t make any sense. You want the best
Why don’t we have black football just for black players and black referees and coaches and managers?

Read it wrong tbf - I thought the post said about having women commentators etc just for womens footy & vice versa

Grendel

Why don’t we have black football just for black players and black referees and coaches and managers?

To be fair for some reason the female pundits in football generally are poor and don’t interact or present well.

Compare to say Isa Guha in cricket who is very natural with the other pundits and technically knowledgable. Also Naomi Schiff is very good in F1 - it’s not sexist ti me it’s just the my seem poor at relating to the audience.

Grendel

The exception is Kelly Cates who is excellent but I guess she’s a presenter as opposed to a pundit and could easily host any football show.

prufrock

most football pundits are very poor regardless of their gender.... Rio, Owen, Ally McCoist, Jermaine Jennas, Hargreaves, Danny Mills, Lee Dixon, Dion Dublin are all complete shit, there's loads more but these are ones that popped into my head

robbiethemole

back to the game;
I think we'll maybe have a bit more time on the ball in this, Prem players don't seem to close down as much as in our league,
so my team
Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Lati
Eccles Sheaf
O'Hare Simms Wright

Sky Blue Pete

To be fair for some reason the female pundits in football generally are poor and don’t interact or present well.

Compare to say Isa Guha in cricket who is very natural with the other pundits and technically knowledgable. Also Naomi Schiff is very good in F1 - it’s not sexist ti me it’s just the my seem poor at relating to the audience.
I completely agree
The suggestion was to have only women officiate or manage or coach or do physio in women’s football and not in men’s and vice versa

Mcbean

Vikki Sparks on the Beeb is an instant turn the radio off - the squeaking voice is unbearable

JAM See

It's worse in Scotland.

Not only do they allow blacks and women to play the beautiful game. They even permit CATHOLICS!

Game's gone mad!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I like Michelle Owen, and Caroline Barker when she did the EFL stuff before Prutton. Presenters again though not pundits

Lydia Greenway is another who is good in the cricket world - often does T20 blast and speaks intelligently

Users who are viewing this thread