Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (8 Viewers)

covcity4life

Really proud of that first half. We should be winning from mve chance . May regret it but got to be happy with the performance. Don't tell me 352 can't work

PVA

Good half, should be ahead, we look comfortably the better side.

Sheaf makes such a difference, Wright playing well, MVE looks decent at right wing.

Jamesimus

No he’s just not as good as O Hare and that’s why one will still be struggling to play in the championship at 28 and the other will be picking his options at 25

It’s not even a debate who is the better number 10
Shame that means you struggle to do anything other than point out things he gets wrong / don’t work.

O’Hare is better for me as well, but Palmer has had a decent half there.

chiefdave

Happy with that so far. Obviously would have loved us to put one of those chances away but we've definitely not embarrassed ourselves

Got to be honest, pre-match I feared us being 3, 4 or worse down by half time and getting an absolute hiding

Cracking performance first half. Taking no risks at the back and hoofing it up the field. They look quality coming forwards but we don't look bad ourselves.

The surprising thing for me is we don't look out of our depth. I've watched some Sheffield and Luton matches and they do look like they're in the wrong league.

PUSB

mrfr

Still nothing to fear. Could be going in 3-1 up on a different day. Palmer has been excellent going forwards, would love to see Wright tucking in a bit more and encouraging Bidwell up beyond him. We’ve got every chance here though, turns out Gary O’Neil isn’t actually the greatest manager in history.

Alkhen

Apart from Ait-Nouri I'd say we have looked better to a man. Shame about the miss but may have been disallowed by VAR

Martin180

No he’s just not as good as O Hare and that’s why one will still be struggling to play in the championship at 28 and the other will be picking his options at 25

It’s not even a debate who is the better number 10
So you genuinely don’t think he hasn’t had good moments in this game at all ?

SBT

Really entertaining open game and we’re playing very well. Simms’ miss was atrocious but he’s having a very good game overall. Palmer’s final ball leaves a lot to be desired but he’s causing them problems - he’ll be spent soon, so have him go hell for leather for 10/15 and then bring on Torp - we could do with a set piece threat.

Latibeaudiere looks like the weak link but it feels like a game where you will need more than one goal to win it.

Warwickhunt

Commentators crack me up! We have had 4 clearcut chances to their 1 and they say at the end if 1/2 time it was pretty even? Robbins has got this just right by the look of it! Just hope he understands what Wolves are going to change for the 2nd half.

Users who are viewing this thread