Match Thread Wolves Freindly (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Not a bad game with a lot of positives but Wolves didn’t need to work too hard to see us off. Sheaf and Cranie good first half. Both lwbs showed they would fit in nicely. Still not 100% convinced by Moore. waghorn and Gyokeres not bad but didn’t really test their defence. Walker one golden opportunity and I’m not sure how he fluffed it. Dabo still doesn’t look fully fit and Hamer tried too hard at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think he would be much better with Gyökeres. He is good at the donkey work.
I’d go with that or even Waghorn, it’s no coincidence that his bad games go hand in hand with the fact he’s up top on his own.

I think when signing him the initial idea was to have him and Godden, Godden is the engine and Walker is that final attacking threat (that being said that miss was bad)

fernandopartridge

Walker didn't get into the game apart from missing our best chance and being involved in the other best opening. There is so much confirmation bias on here. He was isolated once we made changes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Was a lack of concentration/anticipation, he clearly expected Waghorn to connect with it and got his body shape all wrong as a result.

Waghorn left it assuming Walker would have a better chance of taking it. Hopefully just crossed wires from a lack of time playing together

Frostie

Walker didn't get into the game apart from missing our best chance and being involved in the other best opening. There is so much confirmation bias on here. He was isolated once we made changes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep, he was fine until Waghorn went off, should have done much better with his chance too.
Once we changed to the box he was barely involved.
I think the box can still work with the right personnel but Walker as the lone front man I can't really see being successful unless perhaps Bright or maybe Jones is prepared to get up with him & even go beyond him when needed.

Evo1883

Just back

Thought we looked ok today , some of the football first half was nice..think we will be fine and I'm not worried at all, Walker should have done better with his chance , as should waghorn and Vik first half .

Looking forward to next week .

Thought the left back trialist did ok too

Reactions: COV

junglej13

Watched online today but personally wouldn't be in a hurry to offer contracts to either of the trialists. Although was always going to be a horrible afternoon for Cranie against Traore.

stupot07

Yep, he was fine until Waghorn went off, should have done much better with his chance too.
Once we changed to the box he was barely involved.
I think the box can still work with the right personnel but Walker as the lone front man I can't really see being successful unless perhaps Bright or maybe Jones is prepared to get up with him & even go beyond him when needed.

The box can only work if the 2 advanced box players are willing to run in behind the striker. O'Hare, Jones and Bright all want to play behind the striker. In league one we had Shipley getting in behind, and also Allen running in behind.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Watched online today but personally wouldn't be in a hurry to offer contracts to either of the trialists. Although was always going to be a horrible afternoon for Cranie against Traore.

Cranie did okay worth a year as back up, can fill in few positions. Souare looked unfit and with how little football he’s played will need probably a month to be in contention

COV

I actually enjoyed that, we looked fine. Didn't see anything to be worried about at all apart from general rustiness & lack of fitness.

Roll on next week now :)

Garryb80

Crane was our best defender first half. Definitely offer him a deal

larry_david

Enjoyable game for a friendly. Drysdale did a few good things, nice passing and comfortable on the ball.

Gyo is going to be exciting and frustrating at the same time.

COV

Not sure what you were watching tbh, Cranie did well enough

rob9872

Lots of positives today. Quietly encouraged by that. Waghorn very clever player and movement top notch.

Centre back still most worrying for me, hopefully one to come in. Cranie was fine but need one with pace in there.

Fergusons_Beard

Whatever you think of Moore as goalie a couple of things stood out for me today.

Number 1-he claimed crosses and imposed himself well to catch a couple. (Unlike the 2 previous incumbents-who literally what themselves under a high ball).

2-he came out well and committed himself when the ball went over the top into space. Only time this backfired was when Dabo the Tank showed composure and took the ball before Moore-even then he didn’t clatter into Dabs and recovered well.

Finally the quick distribution. Both our precious goalies were guilty on too many occasions of slowing play down and holding on to the ball. Today Moore looked to pass the ball quickly out of defence and start an attack.

Just a couple of positives but nonetheless I think there’s definitely a glimmer of a great keeper there and feel we should give him a chance before he even makes his debut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread