Wolves oh yes! (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

This cheers me up no end. IF Peterborough win their home game v Wed (very likely) Wolves are down!

Paxman II

Moderators...why has this been moved? It relates to the Sky Blues next season opponents. It directly relates to the City and football. There must be consistency in your post moves because we do have an unprecedented amount of post on the SISU debacle not relating to the football and none are moved?

Nick

Administrator
Moderators...why has this been moved? It relates to the Sky Blues next season opponents. It directly relates to the City and football. There must be consistency in your post moves because we do have an unprecedented amount of post on the SISU debacle not relating to the football and none are moved?

It was moves because it is about wolves, the sisu ones are about ccfc?

I can only move the threads I see / read.

Whenever i had History as school, me and my History teacher would have a massive debate over City and Wolves (cus he's a Wolves fan) and he always ended the debate by saying 'we're in a better league', not anymore Mr.Wilson :D

EvansCCFC

Wolves will be a tough task next season ,i am happy they got relegated but not happy we will be competing with them

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I used to have a huge dislike Wolves when I was young. I no longer have an axe to grind with them. After all they are a west midlands club and we should stick together somewhat

I look at things from a Sky Blues perspective and see no benefit of Wolves being down to this shocking level as well. It will only make it harder for us to get promoted.

Wolves plight just shows what bad board decisions can have on a club. We know that ourselves!!!

Heres to Wolves and Coventry fighting out a battle to take the title! To be honest I see a season of struggle for Sky Blues with the total mess the club is in.

SlowerThanPlatt

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy 3m
Crowd trouble at the final whistle at Wolves; dugouts smashed, hoardings broken up, players attacked by fans running onto the pitch at FT.

Otis

Barnsley?

:thinking about:

A Peterborough win and Barnsley will be in the bottom 3. Wolves won't have to overtake Barnsley, they'll have to overtake Peterborough.

Otis

Well yes, of course. Clicked that. The post though was saying they needed Barnsley to slip up and that is not the team Wolves have to catch, it's Peterborough.

Catching Barnsley is no good unless they catch Peterborough too.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Well yes, of course. Clicked that. The post though was saying they needed Barnsley to slip up and that is not the team Wolves have to catch, it's Peterborough.

Even if they win they also need to swing the goal difference (Peterborough's being 4 better)-and with Brighton in such good form particularly at the Amex I just can't see it.

wingy

It was that kind of passion that got McCarthy out. Been downhill ever since.

Were the fans calling for his head?? Maybe ,but there really is an inadequate boardroom there .I'd say they panicked and sacked him,big mistake followed by two more big ones .The real tragedy is that Mccarthy took some good players into that squad who let him down.I'm thinking Jonstone ,Berra,Doyle ,Ohara.Or maybe that exposes the truth and they wer'nt all that ,just top end Championship ,over achieving who got ahead of themselves when they should have stuck with him and YoYo'd

TheHellion

Wonder what Dean Saunders is thinking right now, having seen Donny go up as champions and the very real possiblity that Wolves will be going down?

SkyblueBazza

But they can catch Peterborough & still go down - I think I'm looking at it as "if they don't" & you're looking at the "if they do" kinda angle...they have to WIN by a handsome margin to stay up & rely on Barnsley to lose. To all intent & purpose they're down!

Otis

Agreed.

They need 3 things to happen. Themselves to win and both Barnsley and Peterborough to slip up.

Otis

Will or should?

Massive difference and many a team that should walk things, don't.

speedie87

We haven't got much chance of competing against a team who will still be getting parachute payments from the premier league.

Otis

Very true too.

Unless you have players that have the hunger you'll be going nowhere.

Not convinced 'Premiership' players are going to want to have lumps knocked out of them every week or have to contend with bumpy pitches on a wet Tuesday night in Carlisle.

Otis

I would be not at all surprised if they don't. And you have to remember, many of these so called 'top players' will leave and won't be playing in League One anyway.

I don't think it will be a cakewalk for them at all.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would be not at all surprised if they don't. And you have to remember, many of these so called 'top players' will leave and won't be playing in League One anyway.

I don't think it will be a cakewalk for them at all.

No, but the financial advantage will be enormous and in Saunders they have someone who knows these leagues well.

Users who are viewing this thread