Wolves tickets (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

Maybe I don’t get the mindset as an almost exclusively home fan and ST holder, but who is going to home games just to get the chance to go to some big away games?

And im not sure the idea that away fans don’t put money into the club tracks. They’re usually our most committed and high spending fans surely?
Only if they attend home games - which hasn’t always been the case.

MalcSB

If it's one ticket per ST holder then any ST holder will get a ticket regardless of points.
Should be two per adult season ticket holder. I have taken my wife to two out of the last three Wembley appearances. Guess which one we lost!

shmmeee

Only if they attend home games - which hasn’t always been the case.

Are we talking about Northampton cos I can find much better ways of encouraging home support if the problem is you moved “home” to another fucking city!

I don’t go away so maybe im wrong but I get the impression away fans are our most engaged customers and are unlikely to be buying away tickets and literally nothing else. I’d wager if we had the data club shop spend and the like strongly correlate with away attendance. More so than home attendance.

shmmeee

And if your concern is money put into the club why are we rewarding season ticket holders who buy at a massive discount?

MalcSB

Are we talking about Northampton cos I can find much better ways of encouraging home support if the problem is you moved “home” to another fucking city!

I don’t go away so maybe im wrong but I get the impression away fans are our most engaged customers and are unlikely to be buying away tickets and literally nothing else. I’d wager if we had the data club shop spend and the like strongly correlate with away attendance. More so than home attendance.
Birmingham - out of clubs control. Or the Covid season.
And if your concern is money put into the club why are we rewarding season ticket holders who buy at a massive discount?
Because it is guaranteed income, paid up front and, given all the changes in dates / times we have had already, for some people not necessarily great value for money.

MalcSB

In truth, you are probably right that regular away supporters these days will almost certainly also be regular home supporters. That being the case, their engagement and commitment is already adequately recognised in the current points system. Where I disagree with you is that you seem to imply that being a home season ticket holder should somehow be meaningless, to the extent that you almost suggest that points should only be awarded for home attendances.

wingy

Because it is guaranteed income, paid up front and, given all the changes in dates / times we have had already, for some people not necessarily great value for money.
Can't see how that is the case, just a case of transferring the risk of ownership having to speculate/cover for the season,no?

Chris1987

Should be two per adult season ticket holder. I have taken my wife to two out of the last three Wembley appearances. Guess which one we lost!
I think that the points system is fair but realistically it should be one ticket per season ticket holder for these games which is the case for the majority of clubs. By awarding 2 it is by implication withdrawing the opportunity for non season ticket holders who attend games to get a ticket if the full allocation is sold out to ST holders. Same priority principle.

Old Warwickshire lad

If you asked the club what they wanted,I am sure they would say they want the maximum amount of season ticket holders they can get.
Just leaving the minimum amount of seats for away supporters.

SBbucks

To incentivise people to commit their money up front and thus enable the club to budget more effectively?
It’s not exactly an unusual business model. It’s the same as buying a year’s gym membership or using the gym on a pay-as-you-go basis, do you expect the price per session to work out the same? Of course not.
I’m sure there are many other examples but this immediately came to mind.

MalcSB

Can't see how that is the case, just a case of transferring the risk of ownership having to speculate/cover for the season,no?
I really don’t understand what you are trying to say. Shmee was asking why ST holders are getting points when they are effectively getting a discount on day trippers rates.
If you are saying that a risk is being transferred from the club to st holders, then that justifies the st holder getting points - which is what I was trying to justify to Shmee.

MalcSB

I think that the points system is fair but realistically it should be one ticket per season ticket holder for these games which is the case for the majority of clubs. By awarding 2 it is by implication withdrawing the opportunity for non season ticket holders who attend games to get a ticket if the full allocation is sold out to ST holders. Same priority principle.
There would still be a couple of thousands for the bandwagonners.

wingy

It was certainly a subscription for the Covid year, with no chance of attending. Again, justifies some element of preferential treatment - let’s call it points,
But I'm not really thinking of away system, just we just saw accept the fee for home attendance, I think it's inevitable personally?

SBbucks

Going to the CBS isn't popping ten minutes down the road for me. The club must give priority to season ticket holders who benefit the club financially.

Of course they should. To argue against this is frankly perverse and illogical.

SBbucks

It’s probably best to treat a ST as a membership. In some seasons you’ll get more use/value out of it than in others, but it still gives you access to a range of benefits that you may or may not take advantage of.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Of course they should. To argue against this is frankly perverse and illogical.

logical star trek GIF

Captain_Slackbladder

I'm waiting for the day when Male Season ticket holders need 1000 points but with a new club initiative to drive up female representation will see Female Supporters only requiring 100. The amount of city supporters who will 're-identify' who they are will be telling

Chris1987

There would still be a couple of thousands for the bandwagonners.
I know some that have over 200 points but no season ticket. They all live a distance from Cov and some work nights which makes midweek games virtually impossible. I get it from their perspective

shmmeee

To incentivise people to commit their money up front and thus enable the club to budget more effectively?
It’s not exactly an unusual business model. It’s the same as buying a year’s gym membership or using the gym on a pay-as-you-go basis, do you expect the price per session to work out the same? Of course not.
I’m sure there are many other examples but this immediately came to mind.

And if you pay for your gym up front do you get better treatment? First dibs on the machines?

SBbucks

And if you pay for your gym up front do you get better treatment? First dibs on the machines?

No idea, but the principle of paying up front and getting a discount was the topic at the time. Christ knows where you’ll take it next, but I’m out.

wingy

Does gym membership get a discount over say an as you use it price, the theory that everything paid is to a renter, don't fancy that at the football!

shmmeee

No idea, but the principle of paying up front and getting a discount was the topic at the time. Christ knows where you’ll take it next, but I’m out.

The whole point was ST holders deserve a reward for their financial contribution. I’m just pointing out that we get a massive discount. That’s the reward. It’s not normal to treat customers on a yearly deal different to a monthly one or whatever.

Anyway I’m also bored of this. I just think a system where someone who couldn’t care less can get tickets and someone who has put effort in can’t is suboptimal.

covmark

I know some that have over 200 points but no season ticket. They all live a distance from Cov and some work nights which makes midweek games virtually impossible. I get it from their perspective
Yeah this is me. I have 330 points and I'll never get away tickets for big games. I don't really have a problem with it, because others are investing more than me. It would be nice to get an opportunity to get tickets for my more local away games though. I'm hoping Southampton give us a big allocation.

MalcSB

The whole point was ST holders deserve a reward for their financial contribution. I’m just pointing out that we get a massive discount. That’s the reward. It’s not normal to treat customers on a yearly deal different to a monthly one or whatever.

Anyway I’m also bored of this. I just think a system where someone who couldn’t care less can get tickets and someone who has put effort in can’t is suboptimal.
Who couldn’t care less? I cared enough to pay for the Coventry Club Membership with season ticket when there was no prospect of attendance at matches. I did that because I cared about the survival of the club I have supported for 58 years.

I drive 60 miles each way to a home game. Fine for 3pm on a Saturday, fucking arduous for all the switched to midweek night matches with road closures.

Don't tell me that I couldn't care less or don’t put in an effort.

Flying Fokker

My only gripe with the points system when it was first announced was that it only covered three years. It conveniently left out the L2 season, as well as those dross seasons in L1 before that. It rewarded those that only started going up during our rise just as much (or even less if they decided not to go to Birmingham for example) as it did those that were with us at the very bottom. How many season ticket holders did we have in L2? 6000 if that? Every one of those should get an extra 1000 permanent points, plus an extra 50 points for each away game attended that season.

I know a lad that used to laugh at me for going up every game back then who now sits on over 1500 points because he's been going home and away consistently in the Championship. He hasn't had to put up with the shit so he shouldn't be entitled to his pick of tickets now.
[/QUOTE
Does my head in when a big game comes round and people claim the points system doesnt work.

Ive had a season ticket for 47 years.....
I travel from Wales every home game....
I bought a CCFC duvet cover.....

Of course priority should be given to those that attend more away games, and not just a season ticket priority then free for all.

There's been about 12/13 away games already this season make it to general sale, but all those that want Wolves tickets couldnt be arsed with Preston or Millwall could they

rant over.... this superfan has his ticket 😂
Plymouth, Norwich away?

Users who are viewing this thread