Women's football on bbc2 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just kicked off against sweden

wingy

Play offs are on !!
Normally watch most of these matches ,am of the belief they have grown as a group since the departure of Hope Powell ,more freedom and Falair In play now .

Under her It was more like Pulis/Boothroyd style ,talented girls but the style seemed suppressed.

Nick

Administrator
Just put it on, can't get on with it. They don't look right kicking a ball and it's so slow :(

Personally, i dont think Womens football is as good as the Male game. Its slower, less physical and not as competitive in my opinion, but football is football and i love my country. C'mon England!

ajsccfc

I'm glad you've qualified that as personal opinion, because it's something that's pretty much universally agreed on. You controversial swine you.

paulw

What I do dislike is the way the media try to hype up women's football. They try to have you believe you are sexist if you don't like the women's game. And, they say if you don't attend it then that is discrimination.
I have 3 sister and they were sheet at football. I accept women's boxing because they have created it in their own image. That is what should be done with football instead of palming it off as an alternative.

ajsccfc

I don't think anyone's really tried to claim that it's sexist to not attend women's football. That'd stand up to reasoning for about half a second.

rob9872

Zero interest in this for me - its like watching the special olympics but like the emperors new clothes everyone thinks we should say its good

ajsccfc

You can add fun by arranging a sweepstake to see how long it'll take for a goal kick to cross the halfway line.

Covstu

i have attended one womens game, the England Olympics game at the Ricoh. The atmosphere was pretty good but it was like watching paint dry. I have seen 12 year olds on the local park with better skill and teamwork.

ajsccfc

I like to think that if I tucked it away and waxed in all the right places I'd make for a good professional player at women's level. In truth I'd depressingly find out that I'm terrible regardless of willy status.

paulw

I was in the pub a few weeks ago and two women were sat next to me. We started talking football and I said I watch the women's world cup a few years ago and how much I enjoyed watching the USA national team. They then ask if I went to watch women's football in England. I said no and they asked why. I told them I went to watch CCFC or youth team football. They then started going on how sexist men were to the women's gane.
The conversation ended when I gave them a present from the England national women's web site. TWO APRONS. I kid you not.

Brighton Sky Blue

You can add fun by arranging a sweepstake to see how long it'll take for a goal kick to cross the halfway line.

I refereed CCFC girls under 10s against Villa girls under 10s and you were lucky to see it clear the penalty area half the time. For the record, we lost 3-2 from 2-0 up, so some things do transcend gender.

Users who are viewing this thread