Won’t fit some posters prejudice (1 Viewer)

rob9872

1) showing one set of cunts to be in greater number than another set of cunts is not an endorsement. Cunts are cunts whatever their background.
2) It's the Guardian so I'm not surprised to read that
3) we all know Robinsons real name, but I do find it strange that so many find the way to try and take the high ground is to use his real name. Criticise what he stands for by all means, otherwise it simply smacks of childlike desperation to constantly use it.

rob9872

To be honest it shouldn't matter whether they're white, Brown, Black or whatever.
The police should pursue them aggressively and the courts should come down on them like a ton of bricks - vermin
This! So much better than cheap point scoring for any agenda.

Ian1779

This! So much better than cheap point scoring for any agenda.
There’s an entire political movement based on the cheap point scoring.... you know the ones saying we’re all trapped under Muslamic law.

rob9872

There’s an entire political movement based on the cheap point scoring.... you know the ones saying we’re all trapped under Muslamic law.
And as if by magic, Ian appears with a political twist. Hopefully see you on the Huddersfield thread tomorrow (that's Coventry v Huddersfield in association football in case you'd forgotten whilst this place existed 😉)

Ian1779

And as if by magic, Ian appears with a political twist. Hopefully see you on the Huddersfield thread tomorrow (that's Coventry v Huddersfield in association football in case you'd forgotten whilst this place existed 😉)
And as if by magic you conveniently forgot your opening 3 point salvo.
You may see me, or I may just concentrate on watching the game that I’ve subscribed to - unless of course it’s mandatory to justify where and how I choose to post and use this site ;)

skybluetony176

1) showing one set of cunts to be in greater number than another set of cunts is not an endorsement. Cunts are cunts whatever their background.
3) we all know Robinsons real name, but I do find it strange that so many find the way to try and take the high ground is to use his real name. Criticise what he stands for by all means, otherwise it simply smacks of childlike desperation to constantly use it.
Not sure how addressing someone by their real name rather than their made up name can be described as childish. I stopped calling my mates by the made names we called each other at school around the time I reached adulthood. Pretty standard behaviour in the adult world.

rob9872

And as if by magic you conveniently forgot your opening 3 point salvo.
You may see me, or I may just concentrate on watching the game that I’ve subscribed to - unless of course it’s mandatory to justify where and how I choose to post and use this site ;)
Is it on ifollow too? Thought we had to watch through sky if it was on there. As much as Clive and Oggy are annoying I'd prefer them over probably Lee Hendrie or someone.

rob9872

Not sure how addressing someone by their real name rather than their made up name can be described as childish. I stopped calling my mates by the made names we called each other at school around the time I reached adulthood. Pretty standard behaviour in the adult world.
I'll suspect you're inconsistent with that, particularly on celebs and only reserve it for ones you take a dislike to, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt 😉

Ian1779

Is it on ifollow too? Thought we had to watch through sky if it was on there. As much as Clive and Oggy are annoying I'd prefer them over probably Lee Hendrie or someone.
Sky only works I believe when it’s Champions League nights I think...

rob9872

Sky only works I believe when it’s Champions League nights I think...
I thought we were actually on sky tomorrow though so I was more concerned if we'd have ifollow than sky.

Ian1779

I thought we were actually on sky tomorrow though so I was more concerned if we'd have ifollow than sky.
That’s a bonus then. So there appears to be no logic to when Sky give us the red button option.

rob9872

Another 100k in the coffers then too ch-ching

mark82

I'll suspect you're inconsistent with that, particularly on celebs and only reserve it for ones you take a dislike to, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt 😉

To be fair, Tommy Robinson is one of many pseudonym's he's used. His name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. That's the name used in his court cases. Not sure what is wrong with using it. It's a strange thing to fixate on.

Whatever you want to call him, he's a vile racist scumbag.

Nick

Administrator
Nonces are nonces regardless of colour.

Looking back when I was at school, you always had the girls getting picked up in cars who were going out with "older lads". Looking back now, it is a bit random why a 19-20 year old would want to go out with a 15 year old. Nobody really batted an eyelid then.

The article says under 30 as well which is surprising as you don't tend to "stereotype" that when you think of a dirty old nonce.

Let them all get a few hidings in prison.

Grendel

NorthernWisdom

Nonces are nonces regardless of colour.
Forum motto?

Looking back when I was at school, you always had the girls getting picked up in cars who were going out with "older lads". Looking back now, it is a bit random why a 19-20 year old would want to go out with a 15 year old. Nobody really batted an eyelid then.

tbf, I can kind of understand that if you're an immature 19yo and a mature 15yo. I actually feel more uncomfortable with the 30yo going out with the 17yo kind of scenario, when you're definitely old enough to realise they're very young...

Half your age + seven is the rule, I believe ;)

Nick

Administrator
Forum motto?

tbf, I can kind of understand that if you're an immature 19yo and a mature 15yo. I actually feel more uncomfortable with the 30yo going out with the 17yo kind of scenario, when you're definitely old enough to realise they're very young...

Half your age + seven is the rule, I believe ;)

Mrs NW fresh from College then? ha

Grendel

Yes I’m sure he refers to Prince Henry all the time

pastythegreat

That bloke (who's name i dont know or care for) that says Coven'ry. He did the checkatrade final commentary on sky. He annoys the fuck out of me.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Hmmm. Got to say something doesn’t sit right with me on this. Reading the report here: https://assets.publishing.service.g...nt_data/file/944206/Group-based_CSE_Paper.pdf

The takeaway seems to be all available data suggests black and Asian ethnicities are over represented, even though a plurality are white. But then says there are data collection issues. Well yeah, but the data we do have says one thing and there’s no obvious reason given to disbelieve it. Unless we assume that all the cases where offender ethnicity wasn’t recorded were white people, but generally you assume missing data acts the same as data you’ve seen unless you’ve a good reason to think otherwise.

When you’ve got a situation where there’s a feeling of political correctness coming before justice, I’m not sure it’s wise to keep plying the same rhetorical games. Honesty and openness needed here, not concern that the facts make a group look bad. If there is an issue in some communities we need to know so we can design interventions that work for that community.

shmmeee

Are there any other character actors you take offence at their real name being used over their stage name?

Nick

Administrator
Robinson is a grade A prick as I have mentioned on other threads over and over.

I see Rob's point though, sometimes it seems like people use it in a "hahaha I know your real name and have something on you to bother you" type way.

Easier to just call him a little shitcunt.

shmmeee

Robinson is a grade A prick as I have mentioned on other threads over and over.

I see Rob's point though, sometimes it seems like people use it in a "hahaha I know your real name and have something on you to bother you" type way.

Easier to just call him a little shitcunt.

Fair enough, I think for me and likely some others there’s a refusal to engage in the make believe character being made up. Same for “Boris” TBH. Both have created a character that allows them a certain image they want. Refusing to play along is a way of saying “I’m not buying into that shite”.

Funny how I didn’t expect to be having a discussion about respecting people’s chosen identity on this side 😂😂

jimmyhillsfanclub

Hmmm. Got to say something doesn’t sit right with me on this. Reading the report here: https://assets.publishing.service.g...nt_data/file/944206/Group-based_CSE_Paper.pdf

The takeaway seems to be all available data suggests black and Asian ethnicities are over represented, even though a plurality are white. But then says there are data collection issues. Well yeah, but the data we do have says one thing and there’s no obvious reason given to disbelieve it. Unless we assume that all the cases where offender ethnicity wasn’t recorded were white people, but generally you assume missing data acts the same as data you’ve seen unless you’ve a good reason to think otherwise.

When you’ve got a situation where there’s a feeling of political correctness coming before justice, I’m not sure it’s wise to keep plying the same rhetorical games. Honesty and openness needed here, not concern that the facts make a group look bad. If there is an issue in some communities we need to know so we can design interventions that work for that community.

Yep. Spot on.
The "headlines" seem, shall we say selective, misleading perhaps?
I then double down on the doubt when I read that ethnicity data is missing....hhhmmmm.

shmmeee

Yep. Spot on.
The "headlines" seem, shall we say selective, misleading perhaps?
I then double down on the doubt when I read that ethnicity data is missing....hhhmmmm.

Yeah, here’s their issues with the data, which seem to rest on an assumption the Police are racist and don’t record white people and incorrectly record Asian people. The “they aren’t Asian they’re Afghani” bit made me laugh.

98B2B1EF-01FA-4F3F-B7E5-1CA9BDEB5928.jpeg

The outcome of this at best should’ve been “data collection is too poor to make a claim”, but even then they’d have to accept that several investigations have consistently found over representation for some groups.

I’d agree with their concerns on the data, but that doesn’t mean you can just go “racism” and assume completely different data.

I hope that there’s now proper data being collected and a proper report can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread