'Won't see better than that' - Pressley (1 Viewer)

ArchieLittle

Come on Pressley, you can come up with better than that after a game.

Pressley definitely wins the "Most superlatives in an after match interview" award but I would prefer a win than being told we were wonderful and deserved better.

So yes, I do want to see better than that.

RoboCCFC90

I'd agree with what Steven Pressley said 100% personally.

ArchieLittle

I'd just prefer something more constructive.
We probably were a bit unlucky, I only saw the brief highlights on the league show.

I'd just prefer some comment on why HE thinks we didn't get the win.
Most of his after match interviews after a loss or a draw are very similar, disappointed, deserved better, excellent performance.

I don't expect him to come out and say we were terrible, but a comment on where we might improve should be there.

Sutty

It was a very good game of football. Definitely one of the best I've seen at League 1 level.

For possibly the first time ever I went home fairly content despite defeat, because I'd been genuinely entertained by both sides.

RoboCCFC90

We probably were a bit unlucky, I only saw the brief highlights on the league show.

Most of his after match interviews after a loss or a draw are very similar, disappointed, deserved better, excellent performance.

I don't expect him to come out and say we were terrible, but a comment on where we might improve should be there.

The thing is we weren't terrible, we didn't deserve to lose..

SussexSkyBlue

Toally agree, thought it was a great game of football.

Dissapointed we lost, but was just one those games.

Thought we played very well though.

Esoterica

When the best manager we've had for years is getting criticised for his post match interviews, then considering everything else that's going on, we're probably not in bad shape

Pressley is absolutely right. We bossed the first half with our passing and closing down.

Second half we were cruising until the 77th minute when they scored, of which we couldn't do much about.

We lost to a defensive error again and if we stop this, we will be closer to the play offs than relegation.

I went to the game and I left bitterly disappointed that we didn't get at least a point from that display.

M&B Stand

Read Sir Alex Ferguson's book, said he lost count of the amount of times teams left old Trafford with nothing, proud & counting themselves unlucky. If you can't win when you're playing well you're in trouble. The history of our great club is littered with hard luck stories.

ArchieLittle

Hang on, we're talking about football, is that allowed?

Agree Pressley is best manager we have had in a long time.
A bit more concentration is all that's needed in my opinion, in attack to take our chances and in defence to stop the silly goals.
I'd still like to hear what Pressley thinks.

shmmeee

Got to be honest I think Pressley is better than most for post game analysis. Can't comment on this as I wasn't there but previous games he's identified problems well (and above the level of "we've got to win our battles" or other manager cliches).

Hobo

It was a game that could have gone either way. Swindon are hard to beat at home. Pressley spoke honestly after the game.

skybluelee

We were excellent and controlled the game for 75 mins. We can't keep throwing points away through defensive errors though.

skybluefred

We were excellent and controlled the game for 75 mins. We can't keep throwing points away through defensive errors though.

Agree,leading 1-0 with 15 mins to go,the defence goes to sleep and concede 2 goals. Surely Pressley should have been
talking about stopping these lapses that keep costing us games.

Users who are viewing this thread