Work experience (1 Viewer)

Pipehitterz

Hi all. 17 year old Daughter needs Work experience week after next for 5 days.

Anyone got or know of owt.
What she had lined up fell through and now she's stumped

Any decent idea will be greatly received thanks

lifeskyblue

I've had young people work alongside me in the past as part of work experience. I'm a university lecturer. I'm now part time (semi retired) and we live in Leicester.
I would try and get a placement in an area that I had some interest and that I might consider going into. It would then hopefully inspire me further to pursue that career or indeed open my eyes as to why it wouldn't suit me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

Shame....just left Cov Uni and I have had lots of work experience young people in finance there. Now at BCU and they don't do it as much. Best of luck though. ...

CJ_covblaze

Where does she live? I might be able to offer her something

dancers lance

Hi all. 17 year old Daughter needs Work experience week after next for 5 days.

Anyone got or know of owt.
What she had lined up fell through and now she's stumped

Any decent idea will be greatly received thanks
What area is she looking to get experience in? If she is undecided and just needs to get some general work experience don't let it worry you, many kids are uncertain of the path they want to take at that age, if she has any interest in computers, retail or furniture making I may be able to help.

Pipehitterz

What area is she looking to get experience in? If she is undecided and just needs to get some general work experience don't let it worry you, many kids are uncertain of the path they want to take at that age, if she has any interest in computers, retail or furniture making I may be able to help.
She is computer obsessive

Gazolba

You'd have to define 'work'. She could go to a library and offer to sort books. Or go to a charity shop and ask if they need any help for a week.

Pipehitterz

You'd have to define 'work'. She could go to a library and offer to sort books. Or go to a charity shop and ask if they need any help for a week.
exactly
work experience is work experience, shes asked all of the above you've mentioned, its not pretty pickings out there, the usual answer is insurrance costs etc
ive got a coupleguys on here ill be ringing so thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread