World Cup 2034 (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

It’s why they’ve hashed together what they have in 2030. Takes UEFA (Europe), CAF (Africa) and CONMEBOL (South America) out of the picture in one fell swoop. CONCACAF has the 2026 World Cup so the only ‘option’ is AFC (Asia) or Oceania (don’t know their federation) for 2034. It’s purely by design to force through the Saudi bid. Australia/New Zealand were on about making a bid but no doubt they’ve been paid off.

CJ_covblaze

Ramadan is 11th November - 10th December that year. That’ll probably throw a spanner in the works.

Robinshio

so a good world cup for all to visit safely with your wives, LGBT friends and have a couple of beers

CJ_covblaze

so a good world cup for all to visit safely with your wives, LGBT friends and have a couple of beers
To be fair that was said last year and we didn’t have a problem at all. The wife wore strappy dresses that were just above the knee. Me and my mates wore shorts just above the knee. I asked a local guy early on in our visit if we were ok dressing like we were and he said his family always does apart from when they’re going to mosque.

Saw quite a few same sex couples holding hands in public which was good to see.

When it comes to beer there was loads of it and there was plenty of bars. Again the locals (including Western ex pats) said it was normal. What I was taken back by was the biggest drinkers being the Saudis! The only place you struggled to get one was in the stadiums but that’s no different to any UEFA game (club or country) until a couple of years ago.

ccfctommy

They have bought everything from golf to WWE. Obscene really.

I wonder if I will still be watching football then?

Brighton Sky Blue

I imagine the head chopping will quieten down until the green light is officially given for the tournament, pick up again and then reduce in the year leading up to it.

CJ_covblaze

Saudi has clearly got some serious issues and was hoping it was going to go to Australia, NZ and maybe the Pacific Islands. However I’m hoping having this event and all the others they’re pitching for and investing in helps certain demographics who live there live a better life.

rob9872

Not really a surprise on the back of all the investment in players. I'd imagine they already had the nod before going after the game in such a big way. Will mess with our own calendar again but I quite liked the mid season break instead of usual international breaks and also like the season extended into the warmer weather/early start.

Como

A lot can happen in 11 years, wonder of FIFA have a Plan B.

Was it set up obviously.

I think I saw they have 7 Stadiums to build so a lot of work opportunities.

Gynnsthetonic

It’s why they’ve hashed together what they have in 2030. Takes UEFA (Europe), CAF (Africa) and CONMEBOL (South America) out of the picture in one fell swoop. CONCACAF has the 2026 World Cup so the only ‘option’ is AFC (Asia) or Oceania (don’t know their federation) for 2034. It’s purely by design to force through the Saudi bid. Australia/New Zealand were on about making a bid but no doubt they’ve been paid off.
The 2030 one is a stupid idea, should be 2 countries max in a similar location, same continent, , Argentina/Uruguay or Spain/Portugal

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Saudi has clearly got some serious issues and was hoping it was going to go to Australia, NZ and maybe the Pacific Islands. However I’m hoping having this event and all the others they’re pitching for and investing in helps certain demographics who live there live a better life.
Why would it help the people who live there live better lives? Those in charge can say that the way they're treating people is fine as the rest of the world is giving them these prestigious events. Plus any infrastructure is done with a labour force with low pay and few rights, which again is overlooked by those taking the events there.

Users who are viewing this thread