Worries for next season (1 Viewer)

Jimthor

I know there's more immediate worries, i.e. avoiding relegation this year, but should we survive (as i feel we will), then i have real concerns about next year. If our current squad has come this close to going down, then next year will be even more of a struggle. As well as still lacking any pace or class on the wings, we may be set to lose our top scorer from this term, meaning we'll be back searching for that ever-elusive "20-goal striker". We'll be losing our superstar keeper, who's got us out of jail on more than one occasion, and also likely losing a fixture of our centre midfield.

With no money in the pot to resolve our current issues in the squad, i do wonder who we'll be able to get in to fill all these gaps. I fear without finding investment (which doesn't look too forthcoming at the moment), we'll be reduced to the odd free transer to fill out the squad, and we'll end up battling down the bottom next year.

Anybody else share these worries? Or would anybody like to try and alleviate the fears with realistic hopeful suggestions?

skybluetelford

Common sense would suggest we're heading for the trapdoor next season if all other things remain equal. The club remains in decline and isn't financed properly for a stay in the Championship, let alone the Premiership. Something has to change, or survival may be at the grace of other really poor sides.

ccfc luke

I cant see us going down next year but i think wel be fighting against relagation for most of the season :(
Something needs to change soon or we will go down and then go bust :|

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Been worried about next season for a long time to be honest, if we stay up this season I can really see us struggling at this level next year. My expectations are at an all time low for next season, we have a good chance of going down if things don't change. I will still renew though.

sky_blue_up_north

We are Doomed I tell thee, Doomed.... get a grip, lots can happen between now and next season

Jimthor

Well yes of course it can, but looking forward, we can assess the changes we know are coming and the changes that are likely to come. Short of someone coming along to invest, what do you feel could happen to improve the situation? Rather than popping into the thread to shit on it, would you like to participate in some conversation on the topic?

BenInTurin

Facebook User
All a bit pessimistic but I can't blame you after the way the wheels have come off our season again. But just remember this long run of bad form began when we lost key members of the squad.

Macca

But we will lose key members of the squad next season and every season after that just as virtually every football team in the world. We can't keep believing that one season if we can keep all our first 11 fit for the entire season and with a pinch of luck, we might, just possibly, if the wind is blowing in the right direction, "do a Blackpool".

Change will come when we are owned by someone who have the funds to run a successfull football club, not just keep us afloat. Not a criticism just an observation.

CovLis86

Im struglging to look past this seasons problems at the moment. Really have a bad feeling we might be heading for big trouble. So even if we are lucky enough not to, i dont see that luck alsting another year after that in this current decline.

n1xon

the clubs losing money we need more people up the ricoh so it can make money not lose it. its ok pointing the finger at sisu but us fans need to do our bit to and put money back into the club be it winning or losing.

Users who are viewing this thread