Worst decision (1 Viewer)

hutch1972

Trying something a bit lighthearted here,
Chatting with a few friends over xmas about following the city and some of our great away days in the mid to late 80s when the memories of a lost trip to Anfield came up.
Anfield was a graveyard for us and many other teams at that time, even so 5 of us climbed in a taxi and set off for the station for the 10.30 to liverpool.
Dont know whos fatal idea it was to have a quick pint in the Rose and Crown on route but we did . It was during this time we made a decision not to bother going due to ,firstly what we had spent at Selhurst park the week before and secondly we'd never won at Anfield with little hope on that day.
The entire day was spent there and as the results came through on the tiny tv that was in the corner we knew that we'd F....d up and missed history being made. Big Cyrilles winner gave us a 1-0 win and because of that it officially became our worst decision ever.
Anybody with similar bad decisions ?

Otis

I went to see City play at Cambridge United in the cup.

Got there and it was deserted.

Had only turned up at Cambridge City's ground instead and there was no game on there. Total darkness. :facepalm:

hutch1972

Got there and it was deserted.

Had only turned up at Cambridge City's ground instead and there was no game on there. Total darkness. :facepalm:
Know how you feel mate, went to oldham one year and asked a local for the football ground, when we got there i thought the attendance wasn't going to be much good, only to find we were at Oldham rugby league club !!! Otis did you get to the game in the end ?

gally9

September 26th 2007, my wedding anniversary, decided not to go to united and take the wife out instead.. Obviously we won 2-0 . We split up a year later.. Still hurts my heart I didn't go!!!

Otis

Yep. 15 mins late.

As for worst decision in my life?

Would have to be about my band. 3 piece and we fell out over artistic differences. I wanted to add a keyboard player, they didn't.

Drummer went and joined King and played on 'Love and Pride' and the bass player joined Dexy's and played on 'Come on Eileen.'

:facepalm:

wingy

What ,how much makeup to put on and how much gold lamme to wear?:facepalm::facepalm:

Otis

Nope. I just wanted a richer sound. The bass player though was brilliant and he wanted to be at the forefront. He thought keyboards would overpower his bass playing.

Yep. 15 mins late.

As for worst decision in my life?

Would have to be about my band. 3 piece and we fell out over artistic differences. I wanted to add a keyboard player, they didn't.

Drummer went and joined King and played on 'Love and Pride' and the bass player joined Dexy's and played on 'Come on Eileen.'

:facepalm:

If they went onto bigger and better things why didn't you?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Not going to WHL in 1997 despite having a ticket as I had a hangover & feared the worst...

...Taking super-strong German acid in Cologne in 1994....

Otis

If they went onto bigger and better things why didn't you?

Ahh, the 60 million dollar question.

I didn't form another band and concentrated on writing songs and plays and went into acting.

Not sure why now I didn't just continue. I was the singer/songwriter so I could have just got a new band together.

The drummer was my best friend though and we had been in bands together for 10 years. Maybe I went into a bit of a sulk I'm not sure.

After we split up a record company got in touch and wanted to sign us up! :facepalm:

Ahh, the 60 million dollar question.

I didn't form another band and concentrated on writing songs and plays and went into acting.

Not sure why now I didn't just continue. I was the singer/songwriter so I could have just got a new band together.

The drummer was my best friend though and we had been in bands together for 10 years. Maybe I went into a bit of a sulk I'm not sure.

After we split up a record company got in touch and wanted to sign us up! :facepalm:

That's a shame pal. Have you got any samples you could share with us?

deanocity3

Chatting with a few friends over xmas about following the city and some of our great away days in the mid to late 80s when the memories of a lost trip to Anfield came up.
Anfield was a graveyard for us and many other teams at that time, even so 5 of us climbed in a taxi and set off for the station for the 10.30 to liverpool.
Dont know whos fatal idea it was to have a quick pint in the Rose and Crown on route but we did . It was during this time we made a decision not to bother going due to ,firstly what we had spent at Selhurst park the week before and secondly we'd never won at Anfield with little hope on that day.
The entire day was spent there and as the results came through on the tiny tv that was in the corner we knew that we'd F....d up and missed history being made. Big Cyrilles winner gave us a 1-0 win and because of that it officially became our worst decision ever.

A header in the far corner

hutch1972

nice one
There was a game at HR postponed 30 mins before kick off in the 90's can any one remember it,I can't

Woking in the FAcup 3 ! , we were sat in the red horse finishing our pints when someone came back and told us. All the Woking fans were already inside.
If i remember we played it on 4th round day.
That was actually the 2nd time it was pp.

skybluelee

Going to my best mate's wedding (I was best man) on the day Oggy played his last game for the club, my all-time hero. We beat Sheff Weds 4-1 and Oggy left the pitch to a standing ovation.

My mate is now divorced.

Ashdown1

I went to a Stone Roses concert around 88-89 I think on the Tuesday and went to see City win away at QPR the next night with THAT overhead kick from Drinkell on his debut..........started feeling very dodgy towards the end of the match, got back to the car, drove back from West London and spent the next 4 days in bed with full blown flu, probably contracted at that very sweaty concert.

skybluelee

89/90 - Cyrille header from a Greggy Downs (?...) centre. Oh happy happy happy days.

deanocity3

I went to a Stone Roses concert around 88-89 I think on the Tuesday and went to see City win away at QPR the next night with THAT overhead kick from Drinkell on his debut..........started feeling very dodgy towards the end of the match, got back to the car, drove back from West London and spent the next 4 days in bed with full blown flu, probably contracted at that very sweaty concert.

If it's the league cup match where downs scored from 30 yards and Seaman fumbled it.I have the goals on film

deanocity3

Here it comes http://oldcoventryonfilm.vidmeup.com/view?q=50e58ddfbb9f9.flv

coundonskyblue

Had a ticket in the east stand as a Christmas present for a little game against man utd on boxing day. I was ill & decided not to go. I regretted it about 2 hours later when I seen the Coventry 3-2 Man Utd flash up on teletext.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Mine could well be simply this. Coached it after my bro drove us to Cov. Horrible ground, worst game ever, decided when Lee Hurst mowed the rebound from Dublin's (!) saved pen in his own net in front of us. Caught some virus or other and ill for a month.

Don't think i want to see the video for this, if that's ok Deano... ;)

deanocity3

Mine could well be simply this. Coached it after my bro drove us to Cov. Horrible ground, worst game ever, decided when Lee Hurst mowed the rebound from Dublin's (!) saved pen in his own net in front of us. Caught some virus or other and ill for a month.

Don't think i want to see the video for this, if that's ok Deano... ;)

when was that early 90's don't have it,was beck manager then

WYKENSKYBLUE

Worst decision has to be my Mum's to book our holiday to spain in the December 86' for two weeks in May 87. Sat in a bar with spurs fans listening to the cup final on a radio in Benidorm! she has yet to be forgiven!

Users who are viewing this thread