Worth supporting: (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Reading that I'm not sure on what basis they should be exempt from the rules, what am I missing?

Evo1883

Talking logically , the punishment is too severe as there are less women's teams and less matches to make up the deduction .. all in all I agree with the petition tbh

It was also coventry city that decided to stop funding the women's team at the time so I don't think they themselves tried to capitalise on our misfortunes

martincov

Not yet gone into liquidation or anything else. funds are promised before that happened. no games played since annoucement. cov city girls / ladies are run by a bunch of !!!!! not supported by ccfc fair enough given their financial plight. thats why they went to where they did. still cov as far as i am concerned. if you dont like female footie dont watch it or support it. considering 50% of the world population or there abouts is not male why shouldnt they have their game to play? no i dont watch it! my daughter did play for ccfc girls though ( sky blues 2000 actually).
considering they have not yet liquidated or missed games why do they get 10 points deducted?

martincov

Why would we support a club that tried to capitalise on our own misfortune?
Coventry united may well have done. the female team was not supported by ccfc only aknowledged. ccfc as far as i know gave limited support. someone may know better? so they went elsewhere? they desreve to be lumped in the same?

SlowerThanPlatt

Not yet gone into liquidation or anything else. funds are promised before that happened. no games played since annoucement. cov city girls / ladies are run by a bunch of !!!!! not supported by ccfc fair enough given their financial plight. thats why they went to where they did. still cov as far as i am concerned. if you dont like female footie dont watch it or support it. considering 50% of the world population or there abouts is not male why shouldnt they have their game to play? no i dont watch it! my daughter did play for ccfc girls though ( sky blues 2000 actually).
considering they have not yet liquidated or missed games why do they get 10 points deducted?

Can see this happened to Yeovil Ladies in 2019, 10 points then too

Top-tier club Yeovil were given a 10-point sanction after declaring their intention to appoint an administrator.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Becuase they’ve gone into administration maybe? Same punishment as for the mens leagues.

it may not be funded by CCFC but no way am I supporting anything to do with Coventry United. Fuck them, hopefully the mens team follows them

Nick

Administrator
Coventry united may well have done. the female team was not supported by ccfc only aknowledged. ccfc as far as i know gave limited support. someone may know better? so they went elsewhere? they desreve to be lumped in the same?
Well yeah, they went to be cov united and it backfired.

Doesn't mean you are sexist for not caring? Same as I don't about man city women's team.

Then you also have to add in who the cov united women's directors were.

Nah, it's not for me. They can't be surprised about the punishment.

Evo1883

Well yeah, they went to be cov united and it backfired.

Doesn't mean you are sexist for not caring? Same as I don't about man city women's team.

Then you also have to add in who the cov united women's directors were.

Nah, it's not for me. They can't be surprised about the punishment.

They went to keep playing football Nick, wasn't a conspiracy against a club who stopped supporting them financially .. I can't see the arguments against the women's team , our cities only professional football club in the women's game that's giving alot of young girls a platform to play football in the city from a young age .. Coventry City Sadly are not on the same level and it's a shame the football club chose to wash ther hands with it all at the top

This is in effect the old Coventry city fc and through no fault of their own were forced to another club

Grendel

was a reply to someone else "who cares"

Why should anyone care? It’s as unrelated to me as Leicester women or kings Lynn men it means nothing

Nick

Administrator
Surely they just take the relegation and go from there?

It's the self entitlement, same as their men's team.

Hopefully they go down the pan too.

Evo1883

Surely they just take the relegation and go from there?

It's the self entitlement, same as their men's team.

Hopefully they go down the pan too.

Obviously speaking from a view that doesn't effect you or your kids .. both my girls play for Coventry United, why would I want a couple hundred girls to just lose their football club through all the ages ..

Again .. weird stance on a club that's genuinely done nothing but get pushed aside by coventry city

chiefdave

Obviously speaking from a view that doesn't effect you or your kids .. both my girls play for Coventry United, why would I want a couple hundred girls to just lose their football club through all the ages ..
Has the bloke that was taking over changed his mind already?
Surely the junior teams are self sufficient and could continue?

Evo1883

Surely the junior teams are self sufficient and could continue?

They could I suppose but with no obvious route to professional football which they currently have , it makes their journey much harder ..

Nick

Administrator

Again .. weird stance on a club that's genuinely done nothing but get pushed aside by coventry city

Won't the kids clubs carry on as they are self funded? Obviously wouldn't want those to end and assumed they wouldn't?

There was also the shite with the trust nonsense too. Just take the deduction and rebuild, they aren't immune to the rules.

Ccfcisparks

When I went to watch Cov United the other week it was a really odd atmosphere. Plenty of anti CCFC talk, extremely strange bunch. Can’t imagine a CCFC fan following them.

Evo1883

Won't the kids clubs carry on as they are self funded? Obviously wouldn't want those to end and assumed they wouldn't?

There was also the shite with the trust nonsense too. Just take the deduction and rebuild, they aren't immune to the rules.

At the moment they have a great setup for the girls which goes all the way through to under 18s then the senior team being drip fed to best .

They'd lose that , and over time the club would basically become a Coundon court .

The punishment does seem harsh based solely on the fact that there are less teams in women's professional football to make up the deficit and that's some of the argument

Evo1883

When I went to watch Cov United the other week it was a really odd atmosphere. Plenty of anti CCFC talk, extremely strange bunch. Can’t imagine a CCFC fan following them.

They had their original fans follow them and gave a very small number that still go I'd imagine

Evo1883

@Ccfcisparks the women's team DID get pushed aside by coventry city , once again your opinion is shite

Nick

Administrator
At the moment they have a great setup for the girls which goes all the way through to under 18s then the senior team being drip fed to best .

They'd lose that , and over time the club would basically become a Coundon court .

The punishment does seem harsh based solely on the fact that there are less teams in women's professional football to make up the deficit and that's some of the argument
Yeah, like the men's team then.

What next, petition to make them win the league because people feel sorry for them?

Where were they in the league before hand?

The kids teams will still be able to carry on.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, didn't like the way Cov Utd were set up, looked to exploit another club's and fans' misery but... as you say the women's team lost its funding from CCFC, so had to go *somewhere* or fail to exist. In that respect, I'm glad they do exist as a city the size of us should have a half-decent presence in women's football really.

Users who are viewing this thread