Would D K wield the axe? (2 Viewers)

Flying Fokker

Of course he will. He’s a shrewd business man. Results have to come. Robins doesn’t have a free pass and maybe that’s now causing some complacency.
Nah, poor returns on investment. Robins needs to produce results. If he does, people will want a fee for him when another club comes in for him.

Saddlebrains

Yes

No question

Its very easy to present a united front to press, supporters etc, but behind the scenes the honeymoon period between them and other staff has long since ended

Evo1883

Yeah, it's a nonsense... although tbf we don't know how impatient an owner King will be, yet, and won't until he demonstrates. He wouldn't be the first chairman to make a mental decision over the manager after all!

He wouldn't but I'd imagine a backlash beyond what he'd imagine possible should he sack Robins for our start which is simply bang average

Saddlebrains

King’s body language at the event on Monday didn’t look that chuffed I’ll say.

No one at the club was happy with Kings waltz in and do as i say bravado at first

This got worse when he decided he would run all aspects, hence the kit fiasco, the ticket uturns etc

Things improved when Robins returned as he spelt out in no uncertain terms running a football club the same as other business just will not work

But there's always been an underlying problem of some sort ever since he arrived. Im sure il be called 'anti King' etc as usual. Dont get me wrong, he's done a lot, the training ground, the improved pitch and facilities etc, and the club is definitely on a better place under him

Doesnt stop him being a narcissist and ego shagger on a daily basis to staff however

AFCCOVENTRY

No one at the club was happy with Kings waltz in and do as i say bravado at first

This got worse when he decided he would run all aspects, hence the kit fiasco, the ticket uturns etc

Things improved when Robins returned as he spelt out in no uncertain terms running a football club the same as other business just will not work

But there's always been an underlying problem of some sort ever since he arrived. Im sure il be called 'anti King' etc as usual. Dont get me wrong, he's done a lot, the training ground, the improved pitch and facilities etc, and the club is definitely on a better place under him

Doesnt stop him being a narcissist and ego shagger on a daily basis to staff however

He can do what he wants as the owner but it’s pretty clear he will be here for a few years to get facilities and the club on a better footing before flogging the club. That’s why the club was handed to him by Sisu.

Saddlebrains

He can do what he wants as the owner but it’s pretty clear he will be here for a few years to get facilities and the club on a better footing before flogging the club. That’s why the club was handed to him by Sisu.

Handed being the correct word

TewkesburySkyBlue

I still find it difficult to believe people seriously want Robins out, the man has been with us for 6 years now and somehow against ‘all the odds’ he’s managed to improve the club’s position and profile ‘year on year’ we probably overachieved last season with 2 players instrumental in the play-off push.
He’s lost both of those players now and others, he’s been forced into the transfer market knowing full well he’s signing players inferior to those he’s lost, I still have every confidence that in time he will get back from the team the same effort and commitment he’s always put in.
Doug would be a complete mug to throw away the single biggest asset this club has.
Keep the Faith ✊🩵
Completely agree but there are always a few misguided fans at any club

Nick

Administrator
He has a long-term contract as well. If I were Doug I’d be wanting a bit of value out of this commitment. Robins may well need a bit of support rather than being cast aside. In terms of investment, both DK and Robins continue to remind us that we are a project. It seems very early to talk about changing the manager.

Fans will have a chance to back the club again on Season Ticket renewal. If they aren’t happy with what is happening at the moment, then maybe they misunderstood what this season is about? I must admit, I’m not exactly punching air. At the moment it’s a lottery as to where the next points come from.

How much support? 20m?

Brylowes

So he has a job for life, regardless of performance?
Of course not and I don’t think anybody is saying that, I just think most appreciate the fantastic job he has done here, despite the substantial restraints he’s been working under.
If you had consistently excelled in your job for 6 years straight, then had your favourite tools removed and hit a bit of a sticky patch for 5 weeks and were then fired, I’m sure you would feel massively let down 🤔 and rightly so imho.

napolimp

Of course not and I don’t think anybody is saying that, I just think most appreciate the fantastic job he has done here, despite the substantial restraints he’s been working under.
If you had consistently excelled in your job for 6 years straight, then had your favourite tools removed and hit a bit of a sticky patch for 5 weeks and were then fired, I’m sure you would feel massively let down 🤔 and rightly so imho.

Nick has constantly improved at his job during the course of his career.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Talk of sacking Robins, Robins walking etc is nonsense …..

…. Thank god fans don’t get close to running the club.

Exactly, a few bad results and some fans over reacting.

Steve Martin Crying GIF

Brylowes

We are almost into November and the new signings have been disappointing to say the least. The 'gelling' excuse wont wash for much longer and internally i feel there will be some repercussions somewhere. DK as an operator we don't know how he works, but he doesn't appear to be a soft touch and if things don't improve soon who knows.
The ‘gelling’ excuse………Do you really see it as an excuse, good teams often take years to reach their full potential.
you can’t just throw a group of players together (however good they maybe individually) and expect instant success, it just isn’t a reasonable expectation, it will take time.
Robins has faced many difficult spells since he’s been here and ‘every time the knives come out for him’ and ‘every time he pulls us through’
Would be crazy to get rid of him, absolutely bonkers.

Grendel

Jesus christ 🤣🤣 forum is losing the plot again

Imaginary scenarios in our heads again

To be fair one of the posters who said it is a big Robins advocate and would have sat near King at the game

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I couldn’t be further from Robins out and can’t see a point I would be this season to be totally honest, that said, I was one of 7k ish with a season ticket in league 2, and 4K ish at brum. Not a brag in the slightest just a statement to contextualise my point but my mindsight is so different to probably half the current season ticket holders. We’ve jumped astronomically in the last two years, most of them probably new to it and don’t have the same confidence and ‘relationship’ (for want of a better word) with Robins.

Probably 50% of our season ticket holders have been ST holders since we finished mid champ or playoffs. Their view will be so different to mine. As will Doug Kings regardless of what I hope/think. I don’t remotely think he should be, but I expect him to be under pressure from a sizeable minority in the future if results stay the same. Bad results against baggies and Preston could bring that as soon as Stoke. As stated, I don’t remotely back that but those of us who’ve been around the block have to understand we’re probably in the minority these days

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I still find it difficult to believe people seriously want Robins out, the man has been with us for 6 years now and somehow against ‘all the odds’ he’s managed to improve the club’s position and profile ‘year on year’ we probably overachieved last season with 2 players instrumental in the play-off push.
He’s lost both of those players now and others, he’s been forced into the transfer market knowing full well he’s signing players inferior to those he’s lost, I still have every confidence that in time he will get back from the team the same effort and commitment he’s always put in.
Doug would be a complete mug to throw away the single biggest asset this club has.
Keep the Faith ✊🩵
I remember sitting in a 75% empty Ricoh arena in league 2 watching absolute dross being gradually dragged painstaking up and out towards where we currently are, all because of Mark Robins. This despite being hamstrung by Sisu and what went with it.
If we fail to reach the play offs or even finish bottom half I for one am prepared to give Robins another season after what he's done for us.

Brylowes

I remember sitting in a 75% empty Ricoh arena in league 2 watching absolute dross being gradually dragged painstaking up and out towards where we currently are, all because of Mark Robins. This despite being hamstrung by Sisu and what went with it.
If we fail to reach the play offs or even finish bottom half I for one am prepared to give Robins another season after what he's done for us.
Absolutely, tbh after the big changes to the playing squad between the end of last season and the beginning of this, especially losing ‘arguably’ the 2 best players in the league, I honestly believed this would be something of a transitional season 🤔 I hoped they’d just hit it off and prosper ‘but also realise the likelihood of that happening was very unlikely.

slowpoke

The last time I went to Old Trafford we won 1-0 thanks to a Gary Bannister goal. After the match I was in their supporters club chatting to MU fans and the majority wanted Fergie out, hated him. Robins will get it better.

Deity

Handed being the correct word
I don’t understand your fascination with this.

Owners are judged on what they do when they own the club, not what lead them to own it.

Newcastle fans don’t care about Sportswashing they are enjoying the ride and playing Champions League Football. They know that their owners are not Newcastle fans, and don’t give a toss about the north east …. It’s irrelevant …. They judge them on how the club is being run and progressing under their ownership.

Saddlebrains

I don’t understand your fascination with this.

Owners are judged on what they do when they own the club, not what lead them to own it.

Newcastle fans don’t care about Sportswashing they are enjoying the ride and playing Champions League Football. They know that their owners are not Newcastle fans, and don’t give a toss about the north east …. It’s irrelevant …. They judge them on how the club is being run and progressing under their ownership.

Im not fascinated

Users who are viewing this thread