Would promotion bring some supporters back (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Starts with S ends with U and we owe them a quid or two.

What's that based on? How many times have we actually heard it before?

Exactly the sort of social media craving for likes stuff I was referring to.

If we believed everything that people said for likes then my ST money would have gone to them, all walkup money would, shirt money etc. It's surprising the players actually got paid the amount that was taken.

Hobo

I think it is obvious the play offs and performances have stimulated interest in next season. I think whether we are League 1 or League 2 there is an opportunity to increase attendances if we build on what we have achieved this season. Fans like a competitive side and an entertaining side. If you can sustain that fans will gradually come back. Yes fans have protested against SISU moving to Northampton, but that was exacerbated by the decline of standards on the pitch and the slump in fortunes down the league's. We have started to see some signs progress is being made but that needs to be maintained.

SkyBlueCRJ

What's that based on? How many times have we actually heard it before?

I don't have to hear it from anyone it's based on common sense. SISU will still have their investors awaiting some sort of a return from their investment from CCFC so from an objective business perspective I'd be baffled they handed over such funds to the club. Surely from this basis you can't believe they have the sentiment to wisely invest such a sum back into the club to improve its infrastructure. To Joy that would be considered about as useful as putting £3 million into a blender and pressing 'on'.

What makes this scenario different Nick is that the club effectively do not need such a cash injection to stay afloat given we've had a relatively successful financial year with funds generated from player sales, FA Cup runs and our current Play-Off success. If the club don't require the money to remain sustainable, then surely SISU will see that £3 million as a luxury CCFC have no need for? And in turn could be put to better use. After all the club is still their business...

Sky Blue Harry H

Haven't been spending a lot of time thinking about the actual match itself and the consequence. Just been looking forward to the overall occasion (think that's because we've usually had a positive outcome whenever we've been there - so don't know any different - and I'm not counting any chickens). I've said on other threads that I've enjoyed this season more than any for a long time, and can't believe that many who've been going lately would not continue to go next season even if we didn't get promoted. Looking forward to Monday and next season and will do so with positivity, even though I'll be (temporarily) gutted should we lose. Come on you mighty Sky Blues!!

Nick

Administrator
I don't have to hear it from anyone it's based on common sense. SISU will still have their investors awaiting some sort of a return from their investment from CCFC so from an objective business perspective I'd be baffled they handed over such funds to the club. Surely from this basis you can't believe they have the sentiment to wisely invest such a sum back into the club to improve its infrastructure. To Joy that would be considered about as useful as putting £3 million into a blender and pressing 'on'.

What makes this scenario different Nick is that the club effectively do not need such a cash injection to stay afloat given we've had a relatively successful financial year with funds generated from player sales, FA Cup runs and our current Play-Off success. If the club don't require the money to remain sustainable, then surely SISU will see that £3 million as a luxury CCFC have no need for? And in turn could be put to better use. After all the club is still their business...

You are speaking as if the Madison money will go to sisu and they get it unless they want to give it to the club as an injection. That's not how it works is it?

We heard all this time and time again, they may well decide they want to draw some of the interest back.

The same as joys took the Madison sale money, they took all the season ticket money and ran, all the check a trade money went to them etc.

That then causes people to actually ask the questions like "when I buy a ticket, how much do sisu give to ccfc"

How does that help? When people hear things like that fifth hand they take it as fact.

It may well be in the next accounts, judge it then as I will :)

Last edited:

SkyBlueCRJ

You are speaking as if the Madison money will go to sisu and they get it unless they want to give it to the club as an injection. That's not how it works is it?

We heard all this time and time again, they may well decide they want to draw some of the interest back.

The same as joys took the Madison sale money, they took all the season ticket money and ran, all the check a trade money went to them etc.

That then causes people to actually ask the questions like "when I buy a ticket, how much do sisu give to ccfc"

How does that help?

No that's not what I'm saying at all you've said that for me. But if you think the club have the jurisdiction to do as they please with a £3 million cash injection then I'm baffled by your nativity. So using your line, that's not how it works is it? By that logic you're suggesting the club never have to answer to SISU concerning club matters, including finances?

Well no because as I previously stated (which you conveniently ignored), this is the first time the club hasn't needed a cash injection to remain in the black. I haven't even used any of your stated arguments so not even sure how they're relevant as I've tried to argue this in a coherent manner. I reiterate, if CCFC doesn't possess an active, immediate need for such funds, why would SISU grant it such a luxury when they in reality they need it to give their investors a long-awaited active return on their investment. Your logic of claiming SISU take nothing out of the club is completely misguided when CCFC is a business which SISU are expected to see an active return on. SISU will have debts, overheads and daily expenses just as we do.

Clearly we disagree on this matter but do you genuinely believe CCFC will receive ALL of the Maddison sell-on clause (if he leaves NCFC?)

Nick

Administrator
How do you know funds aren't needed? It is all speculation until the accounts which is is the point.

Usually they don't match up to the speculation either which again is it point.

They may well get fed up and sell every player and everything down to chairs at ryton to get some money, it's a possibility but its also guessing isn't it?

Last edited:

Frank Sidebottom

I think we need to do another Accrington style offer near the start of the season..... I think the club have improved the match day experience a fair bit in the last season. For any offer to be a complete success will depend on the team turning up and (bizarrely) The weather.
If we'd beat Accrington 3-0 And it had been a sunny day casual fans would have left excited and happy and the majority would have returned in the following weeks... as it was most left the ground after 70 minutes having witnessed a very abject City performance and soaking wet.

SkyBlueCRJ

How do you know funds aren't needed? It is all speculation until the accounts which is is the point.

Usually they don't match up to the speculation either which again is it point.

I don't know 100%, but is no one is allowed to speculate because they'll automatically be wrong? Again I'll reiterate, this season with around £1 million generated from player sales, the FA Cup run combined with our success in the Play-Offs suggests financially it's unlikely need a significant injection of funds to keep us afloat. Given that the most recent annual financial report stated that we more or less break even with a turnover of £4 million, providing a player is sold, (quote from TF) then our current situation is surely far more sustainable this year? The FA Cup run, the sales of G. Thomas, B. Stevenson and C. Harries, as well as our current success in the play-offs will probably cover our overheads for half a season. So in SISU's eyes what on earth would we need £3 million for lets be realistic Nick? SISU will only provide as and when we need it, that's not a conspiracy theory or speculation that's fact.

I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong at the end of the financial year next April but I very much doubt I will be,

Nick

Administrator
I don't know 100%, but is no one is allowed to speculate because they'll automatically be wrong? Again I'll reiterate, this season with around £1 million generated from player sales, the FA Cup run combined with our success in the Play-Offs suggests financially it's unlikely need a significant injection of funds to keep us afloat. Given that the most recent annual financial report stated that we more or less break even with a turnover of £4 million, providing a player is sold, (quote from TF) then our current situation is surely far more sustainable this year? The FA Cup run, the sales of G. Thomas, B. Stevenson and C. Harries, as well as our current success in the play-offs will probably cover our overheads for half a season. So in SISU's eyes what on earth would we need £3 million for lets be realistic Nick? SISU will only provide as and when we need it, that's not a conspiracy theory or speculation that's fact.

I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong at the end of the financial year next April but I very much doubt I will be,

But you are just speculating figures as well aren't you? It's also assuming that any money that comes in isn't needed for running costs of the club and to help with cashflow over the summer rather than just sitting there in a bank account doing nothing.

Nobody is denying that SISU will only ever put money in as and when we need it, they have put bits in the last couple of accounts haven't they to help us get through? That's completely different to money that goes to the club. The same could be said with season ticket money, sponsorship money that is a biggish bulk income and it is also assuming that a) it will be £3m and b) it will be a lump sum and not staged payments.

We really don't know do we, where will speculation like that get? It will get people using it as an excuse not to bother to go and watch as soon as Wembley has been and gone even though it has no factual basis.

If it happens and it is then fact, then it's a different story.

skybluebeduff

Too many won't go up because of SISU, they really are disillusioned fans. We only live once, need to make it count of doing what you love, for most of us, that's football ;)

fernandopartridge

Where have you been the whole season? With the FA Cup run especially promoting this it has been going on already that it's all about the club, manager, players etc.

That sort of thing hasn't just appeared now. It has been noticeably building since Robins walked back in through the door.

I take it the trust will be on board, rather than playing up to the NOPM mob you speak of and taking great pleasure in repeated "show of hands" of who is boycotting with smirks and smug grins?

It's always been the case of support the team and club and fuck the rest of them hasn't it? If it wasn't for so much nonsense propaganda from people with agendas then it would be the norm for the majority of people, however sadly people believe the nonsense about SISU pocketing all the money etc etc they read online. They believe that if they starve CCFC of funds then SISU will have to sell up.

This season as it's progressed more and more have got away from the "morals" and got back into football. That's how it should be.
Exactly Nick, it's always been a feeling of siege mentality for me; my team matters more than feelings about SISU, Wasps, the Council etc.
36k tickets for a fourth tier play off, that's way beyond the wildest dreams of the franchise so let's build on it

BackRoomRummermill

Any sell on money from Maddison will eclipse promotion from this league 10 times over , CCFC will see at best 10 per cent of it. If anyone thinks otherwise they are deluded.

The 90 per cent ? ..........................

BackRoomRummermill

Exactly Nick, it's always been a feeling of siege mentality for me; my team matters more than feelings about SISU, Wasps, the Council etc.
36k tickets for a fourth tier play off, that's way beyond the wildest dreams of the franchise so let's build on it

Can you please ask the 36K to try and turn up every week ? sorry explain why they don't turn up every week ............... if they actually give a shit.
No one not turning up is not because of SISU its because the team is playing in Division 4.

robbiekeane

Any sell on money from Maddison will eclipse promotion from this league 10 times over , CCFC will see at best 10 per cent of it. If anyone thinks otherwise they are deluded.

The 90 per cent ? ..........................
If we go with your bullshit arbitrary 90% number then it would be to cover the fucking losses that this football club makes you idiot

*sorry I mean joys new handbag or whatever you idiots say

fernandopartridge

Can you please ask the 36K to try and turn up every week ? sorry explain why they don't turn up every week ............... if they actually give a shit.
No one not turning up is not because of SISU its because the team is playing in Division 4.
I think we're saying the same sort of thing. Wembley on Monday is a Division 4 game. I think people are stupid or deluded, football is not degrees more of entertainment the higher up the leagues you go, it's more about personal feelings of esteem for watching it!

NorthernWisdom

Exactly, if we get promoted then sit say bottom 7 or 8 then who is going to bother when it's freezing in November?
Yup. tbf if we win, we'll probably get an upsurge in season ticket sales with the optimism, and 'big' games are useful for catching the kids and getting them on board for life. (We need next season an Accrington equivalent gate, without the performance or result!)

But if we regress to our normal season, we won't pick up the casual fans. If we end up top 10 after promotion, we could see a decent increase.

Nathccfc

I would love to go to every game, but I have work commitments. I'm glad that this game is on a bank holiday so im not in. I will be one person, who just can't make it every game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

CovBurty

If you know your history, we mainly sell players when we’re going nowhere.
What i meant by my comment was if we lose to Exeter, which means we are going nowhere. Which means the SISU shop opens. If we go up then we may hold these players for another season. Unless we get offered silly monies for Bayliss like Madders.

Adge

What i meant by my comment was if we lose to Exeter, which means we are going nowhere. Which means the SISU shop opens. If we go up then we may hold these players for another season. Unless we get offered silly monies for Bayliss like Madders.
Not sure it’s ever been shut?

clint van damme

I would love to go to every game, but I have work commitments. I'm glad that this game is on a bank holiday so im not in. I will be one person, who just can't make it every game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

and that's the thing when people talk about where are these extra supporters every week. We have a pool of people who attend games who don't go every week.
I've no idea how big that pool is but I have friends who attend 1 in 3 or 1 in 5. Success would enthuse them to come every week or at least more regularly, (I appreciate your work commitments may not make this possible in your case), as some of them did when we had that run under Mowbray.

BackRoomRummermill

In football generally people wax lyrical about sleeping giants and most of it complete crap. However it’s right under our noses , 40k to Wembley in Div 4 , if just 50 or 40 percent of that figure turned up for some games every season it would mean we eclipse most of league 1 and the Championship , even some of the prem . The frustration for myself is that never realises itself , it did in the 60’s when we went up and eventually found the level in the old first division . If we get promoted more will come , I dearly hope we sustain a momentum. SISU have supported Robins this season with funds, I have not heard that his hands are tied , I expect if we go up contracts will be extended , new and old faces like Jones will stay as well as a couple of Midfield players as well . If we fail on Monday I am not sure but it would have been Wembley x2 in successive seasons, surely that can’t be bad ?

Ricketts

What is important is being up there or thereabouts, playing good football and winning more often than losing.

In League One/Two it is an easier step for our academy players to get into the first team, improve their game, and get sold on.

Being a feeder club in the mould of Crewe Alexandra is a sustainable model.

I've watched better games this year than some of the dross Ive seen in the Premier League, when you remove the top glamour clubs from the fixture.

Personally, I would love to be in the Chamionship, competing for a playoff spot every now and again.

There will never be average gates of 20K plus at Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread