would this be out of order (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

So my best friends is going to be best man at a wedding in a few weeks. During his speech he is going to read a few cards from guests who are in attendance.
I was going to sneak a card from a fictious couple called Donna and Phil with the message "congratulations on your wedding day, well done Gary on finally getting carol to put her ring on your finger" not particularly funny but would cause a chuckle or two I think
And a bit of embarrassment for the best man.
Would I be cruel to do this as this would be revenge on my behalf as on my wedding day my friend offered to polish my shoes before we got dressed and wrote "help me" on the soles of my shoes so when I knelt on the alter everyone could see.

Last edited:

Otis

1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9

No, this would be out of order.

Go for it Daz. Can't see owt wrong with that at all.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got your backing otis me old fruit thats enough for me

Otis

I remember hearing a story about a couple of mates who would always play tricks on each other and one was getting married. He was convinced the mate, who was his best man, would play a trick on him, but nothing happened. The ceremony went okay and then the reception. This guy was constantly on the lookout for something to happen, but nothing did.

The couple got married, went off to their hotel, where again, this bloke was looking for some sort of booby trap or joke, but there was nothing. they went down to dinner and then came back to the room and did what newly married people do (whatever that is, as I have absolutely no idea at all).

They woke up the next morning and the bloke was stunned no trick had been played. Then then get a phone call from the hotel reception to say they have a wedding breakfast hamper for them and would it be okay for them to bring it up. The guy said 'Yes, great, thank you' and the receptionist then asked 'Is there anything else you would like at all?' And before the couple could answer, a voice from under the bed said 'Oh yes please I'd love a cup of tea!'

The best man had been under the bed all night.

I remember hearing a story about a couple of mates who would always play tricks on each other and one was getting married. He was convinced the mate, who was his best man, would play a trick on him, but nothing happened. The ceremony went okay and then the reception. This guy was constantly on the lookout for something to happen, but nothing did.

The couple got married, went off to their hotel, where again, this bloke was looking for some sort of booby trap or joke, but there was nothing. they went down to dinner and then came back to the room and did what newly married people do (whatever that is, as I have absolutely no idea at all).

They woke up the next morning and the bloke was stunned no trick had been played. Then then get a phone call from the hotel reception to say they have a wedding breakfast hamper for them and would it be okay for them to bring it up. The guy said 'Yes, great, thank you' and the receptionist then asked 'Is there anything else you would like at all?' And before the couple could answer, a voice from under the bed said 'Oh yes please I'd love a cup of tea!'

The best man had been under the bed all night.

Don't see the prank here? To spend all night under the bed surely means the jokes on him.

Otis

Don't see the prank here? To spend all night under the bed surely means the jokes on him.

How so?

Isn't a wedding night supposed to be just the bride and groom, not the bride, groom and best man? He was privy to everything that went on, on the wedding night, so surely a real embarrassment for the wedding couple.

How is the joke on the best man?

The joke is that after the whole night, thinking they had escaped the prank, the couple find out the best man's been there all night long, the whole time.

Just comes across as pervy. Why would you spend a night under a bed that a newly wed couple are shagging on if you're not a full on pervy weirdo?

Otis

Because you are best mates and always pulling pranks on each other and always trying to outdo each other in the prank stakes. The jokes just kept getting bigger and bigger and they always wanted to outdo each other.

Users who are viewing this thread