Would you get an ST next season if ...... (1 Viewer)

Otis

This was to be our last season in the city of Coventry for many a year?

I know there has been a 'will you get a season ticket next year' thread and many said they definitely wouldn't renew, but just wondered if the goalposts move for you if you understood that this would be our last season here? Kicked out by Wasps, having to groundshare again the year after.

I think it would definitely effect my thinking. I have pretty much said I think I probably will renew again next season, but I most definitely would if I thought this was our last season in the city and faced the prospect of a far away groundshare.

Would it change your thinking?

Otis

Surely depends where it would be and details?
Was thinking in terms of it not being close. We then get into the debate of how far is too far don't we.

I wouldn't go if we ground shared at Birmingham or Villa, or Leicester.

Not sure on Nuneaton. I wouldn't be comfortable with it, but wouldn't say no outright for sure. Would have to think long and hard.

As has been said before, where is there we can groundshare?

Otis

If it was confirmed as our last season in Coventry for x amount of years I'd be less likely to get a season ticket. In fact, I definitely wouldn't.
Oh, why?

Because you would think what's the point, soon there'll be no club to support?

I would come from the angle of the last chance to see my team play for the foreseeable future.

hill83

Oh, why?

Because you would think what's the point, soon there'll be no club to support?

I would come from the angle of the last chance to see my team play for the foreseeable future.

Because it would be a confirmation of the total failure of Sisu/Council/CCFC* and I wouldn't want to be there to see it happen.
It's all about hope and expectation. Hoping we win, hoping we can move up the table. Expecting to play in Coventry.
Once it's confirmed the club won't playing in Coventry it's over, there is no hope. And I'll be moving on. I wouldn't be sat there for that last season basically having the piss taken out of me by Sisu. They can fuck off.

*pick your own

smickyboy

No I wouldn't & no we are not being kicked out by Wasps. SISU have caused Wasps stance & I fully understand where they're coming from.

Covcraig@bury

This was to be our last season in the city of Coventry for many a year?

I know there has been a 'will you get a season ticket next year' thread and many said they definitely wouldn't renew, but just wondered if the goalposts move for you if you understood that this would be our last season here? Kicked out by Wasps, having to groundshare again the year after.

I think it would definitely effect my thinking. I have pretty much said I think I probably will renew again next season, but I most definitely would if I thought this was our last season in the city and faced the prospect of a far away groundshare.

Would it change your thinking?
NO.

steve82

Out with of interested is there any fans that have Nuneaton as there second team as there local non league side.... a question for them.
Is Nuneaton's ground up to league standard? And could the pitch actually hold up to play 2 teams home games and the rugby team too?
Look at a state of the art pitch at the Ricoh and how with a good full time grounds team working on it, look how that cuts up.
How is a "traditional" pitch realistically gonna hold up to 3 teams playing on it.

Otis

No I wouldn't & no we are not being kicked out by Wasps. SISU have caused Wasps stance & I fully understand where they're coming from.
Wasps are our landlords. If they refuse to negotiate a new deal with us we will have to leave.

How is that not being kicked out?

Doesn't matter who caused it, the bottom line is that if Wasps won't negotiate that means that won't let us play there.

Otis

Out with of interested is there any fans that have Nuneaton as there second team as there local non league side.... a question for them.
Is Nuneaton's ground up to league standard? And could the pitch actually hold up to play 2 teams home games and the rugby team too?
Look at a state of the art pitch at the Ricoh and how with a good full time grounds team working on it, look how that cuts up.
How is a "traditional" pitch realistically gonna hold up to 3 teams playing on it.
The worry for me with Nuneaton (logistics of ground standard etc apart) is that if we were to go there we could be there long term. Long, long term.

If we had a bit of success on the pitch could we end up all but 'taking over' the ground and sidelining Nuneaton Town?

Grendel

Wasps stance is to insist on a long term deal which is clearly in their interests looking at their own financial position.

Rusty Trombone

Wasps are our landlords. If they refuse to negotiate a new deal with us we will have to leave.

How is that not being kicked out?

Doesn't matter who caused it, the bottom line is that if Wasps won't negotiate that means that won't let us play there.
Sounds like Wasps are negotiating. The press have reported they have said drop the JR and we can discuss a deal, and Grendel has reported that they have offered a long term deal. So it sounds like we have 2 options to start with, we don't know what the clubs opening offer is though.

Rusty Trombone

In answer to the OP I would probably still get a season ticket. Things can change during a season, and maybe for once they can change for the better.

skybluetony176

Wasps stance is to insist on a long term deal which is clearly in their interests looking at their own financial position.

Would it not also be in ours looking at our own financial position? The alternative is invest millions in a new stadium and surely we all realise by now that isn't ever going to happen. At least while SISU are still here anyway.

SkyBlueCharlie

In answer to Otis' original post then I expect to be buying next year in any case but the in possibility of it being our last year at the Ricoh then I definitely would. I think that it is highly likely that next year will be our last year here unless one of the protagonists backs down and that appears to be unlikely at the moment so I'm going to make the most of this year, including Wembley, and use next year as a 40+ match wake.

Surely depends where it would be and details?

Nick (and anyone else for that matter, just using your post as an intro,) what would be acceptable to you, Butts Park Arena, Nuneaton or ANO? How far away is reasonable and what assurances/promises from the Club would you what to see for protecting the future of CCFC?
I'm interested in understanding what others think about this. I would, possibly, entertain Nuneaton but would what to see solid, demonstrable proof that there was action being taken to protect the club in the future. I would NOT accept the usual facile statements that Mr Fisher regularly trots out but would want to see firm, unequivocal statements from the the FL and the FA that there were defined plans for a new ground etc, that land had been purchased etc. before I would commit to buying into moving ground.

scottccfc

The worry for me with Nuneaton (logistics of ground standard etc apart) is that if we were to go there we could be there long term. Long, long term.

If we had a bit of success on the pitch could we end up all but 'taking over' the ground and sidelining Nuneaton Town?
That would be like AFC Wimbledon have done with there ground, shared with Kingstonian then brought it.kingstonian nowhere to be seen now

italiahorse

Wasps are our landlord. They are currently refusing to speak to us. How is that not being kicked out?
Kicked out means we are not at the Ricoh ?
When Wasps say they are not renewing short term we need to worry.
A long term deal is where we need to be and that can't happen successfully while there is a dispute involving Wasps and CCFC.

withnail

I'll get a ST whatever*.
Obviously, unless we moved out of Cov/Warwickshire in which case I'd revert to getting to as many away games as possible.

I say whatever...there are these stipulations:
- If the name or colours are changed I'm gone.
- I'm also hyper sensitive about the badge, I happen to think we have one of the finest badges in football. If anyone tries to change that like McGinnity tried with that god awful Leeds rip off badge from a few years back, that;'s the end...maybe not the end...I'll be disgusted but probably still attend.
- If any yellow/black combination enters the kit or the word 'wasps' enters any part of our name then I will bear arms and take to the streets and fight until London Wasps wiped from the face of the earth or swatted back to the Smoke where they belong.

dongonzalos

Would need the owners to put their hands in their pockets and understand if they give us a top 2 budget. Play attractive football. In the top two fir the season they will get their money back.
If they focused on increasing revenue (not just by player sales only) and not just in cost cutting.
Also if they brought in a new man who is fans friendly steering the club that may do it.

dongonzalos

Where have Wasps given even the slightest indication they will talk to the club about any renewal, short term or long term?

They have just said they won't til the legal noice is out the way.
So they in my opinion they will but not whilst they are getting dragged into legal action taken by the people they are negotiating with.
Who can blame them, only a fool wouldn't take the same stance.

stupot07

Where have Wasps given even the slightest indication they will talk to the club about any renewal, short term or long term?
Agreed, still some buy the 'legal noise' bullshit.

I'm not worried though, when push comes to shove, wasps will end up agreeing another short term agreement towards the end of next season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paxman II

• To me its a moot point. I will not bother with this club anymore until I see an upward turn either in form and relative success on the pitch or better still new ownership and investment followed by an upturn.
  • My club has been destroyed by a succession of terrible ownership, not just the current lot!

Otis

You enjoy it the experience regardless so that's fair enough.
Worse for me, don, cos I don't enjoy the experience at all but still go.

It's like visiting a sick relative. You don't really want to go, but believe you should be there to offer your support.

dongonzalos

Agreed, still some buy the 'legal noise' bullshit.

I'm not worried though, when push comes to shove, wasps will end up agreeing another short term agreement towards the end of next season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why is he legal point bullshit?
Do you think Wasps would prefer that the legal action stopped?
They have something to hold against us to try and achieve that, you think very lowly of them do you not think they are capable of subtly blackmailing us?
Why do you think they will agree a short term deal?

Users who are viewing this thread