Would You Have Done The Same Thing ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I was cleaning the windows of a house on Henley Road yesterday and as I cleaned round the back I left my ladders at the front. The woman was making me a cuppa in the kitchen when she shouted to me :" Someone's taking your ladders." I raced round and the bloke had dropped the ladders and was shocked to see me and ran off,I chased him for a few yards but he was too quick and he got away.When I went back the woman said I was brave chasing him as he could have had a knife,but the adrenaline was pumping and I would have steamed in to him if he started fighting. Only later did I think all that just for a set of ladders,but it was me thinking fuck it he isn't having them.Has anyone on here had an experience like that,when you just act on instinct ?

chiefdave

Don't think you know what you'll do until it happens. Its true though, these days you never know when someone will pull a knife and stab you over the littlest thing. Years ago the most you risked was getting a hiding.

M&B Stand

When I read, cleaning the windows woman was in the kitchen making me a cup of tea...I thought this was going in an entirely different direction.

mechaishida

Really gets my heckles up, how the light-fingered little bastards will lift anything they can. Opportunistic and cowardly.

Probably wanted the ladder to get into people's property...scumbag.

I've had one similar experience, back when I was living in Nuneaton. I used to have Iceland frozen food delivered, and if I wasn't in, the guy would leave in the porch - came back from a mate's to find some chavvy fucker rummaging through the bags, pocketing things left right and centre. He noticed me, had the gall to offer me out with my food in his pockets, then reaches into his trousers saying he'll stab me if I don't get out of his way and then started waving this pen-knife about like fuckin' Excalibur!
So, I backed off, let him go...then caught up to him on the sly, round the corner, and axe-kicked him right in his shitty arse and reclaimed what was mine. Of course the usual threats of 'I know where ya live' came out I never saw him again. In hindsight it wasn't the brightest move, neither am I being boastful of nearly crippling a chav, 'cos there could have been repercussions. Or indeed, he could have stabbed me.

I don't advocate this sort of thing, but if something's mine and I've paid for it, I'll bloody well make sure it stays mine.

olderskyblue

Fooker. I had to hang out the windows to clean em without that ladder....

Sky_Blue_Daz

Its the flight or fight reflex personally I would have done the same its your property and theres a principal to it
But realistically its a set of ladders not really worth a kicking

Nick

Administrator
I get like that when people don't wave when you let them through or don't say thankyou when you hold a door open, nicking my ladders would be too much!

bringbackrattles

I get like that when people don't wave when you let them through or don't say thankyou when you hold a door open, nicking my ladders would be too much!
Exactly my point, I need them for my work. Aluminium double ladders aren't cheap,and so I won't let some thief nick them just like that.As for getting a kicking a squeegee can do a lot of damage !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Something happened to me last week a few yards from home. I was just taking my wee dog out for a walk - he's a year old Chihuahua - and passed a house where a couple were getting out of their car. I passed them by without a second glance and before I had gone no more than 20 yards or so further on, a f**king great dog came charging up from behind and tried to grab my little dog. Being an ex-military dog handler, no dog has ever bothered me, so I managed to scoop my dog up and grab this brute, pinning it against a wall while giving it a swift kick in the knackers. I screamed at the idiot who came running down from the car, "Get this f***ing thing on a lead or it won't have any bollocks left!" He grabbed his dog by the collar and started to walk away but then let it go again to allow it to come for me! Now I really saw red! I grabbed his dog again and yelled at the bloke if he didn't get his dog inside it won't have a jaw left! He went to come at me but when I stood up and he saw a crazed 17 stone ugly bastard like me holding his brute by the collar, he sheepishly apologised and went back to his car. I ain't saw him since!

mechaishida

Something happened to me last week a few yards from home. I was just taking my wee dog out for a walk - he's a year old Chihuahua - and passed a house where a couple were getting out of their car. I passed them by without a second glance and before I had gone no more than 20 yards or so further on, a f**king great dog came charging up from behind and tried to grab my little dog. Being an ex-military dog handler, no dog has ever bothered me, so I managed to scoop my dog up and grab this brute, pinning it against a wall while giving it a swift kick in the knackers. I screamed at the idiot who came running down from the car, "Get this f***ing thing on a lead or it won't have any bollocks left!" He grabbed his dog by the collar and started to walk away but then let it go again to allow it to come for me! Now I really saw red! I grabbed his dog again and yelled at the bloke if he didn't get his dog inside it won't have a jaw left! He went to come at me but when I stood up and he saw a crazed 17 stone ugly bastard like me holding his brute by the collar, he sheepishly apologised and went back to his car. I ain't saw him since!

Either his own dog has eaten him, or he's having therapy due to the crazy big bugger who looked at him like he'd eat his soul. ;)

Malaka

Some people only respect and understand violence. Fortunately I'm too fat and old to chase anyone, but I did have a road rage outburst at five eastern european guys in a car, they shit themselves and thought I was some sort of lunatic, I just lost it and they drove of quite quickly when I tried to grab one of the fuckers out of the car. Totally stupid thing to do.

chiefdave

Since his books and podcasts are about as popular as a pube in an omelette, maybe the thick jacket was to conceal a twokking spree...

Someones buying his stuff. Couldn't believe 12K turned up at Wembley for a 10 hour long talk!

~

Attachments

• wembley-arena2.jpg
    wembley-arena2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 7

skybluejelly

Back to the original question .. I would do the same and have done .. I think there are too many people who turn the other way or don't get involved nowadays .. I know it's people's choice but too many people get away with too much because people won't say anything or get involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread