Would you recall JOB? (1 Viewer)

ms639

Simple question, personally for me its a yes

Another MOTM performance at the weekend, some of our less experienced players running out of steam, players getting called up for international duty.... no brainer?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I just put this in another thread but saw you started this so I'll say the same.

Would Jim have made the decision to leave if he was playing? No.

Should he have been playing? Yes.

Get him back at all costs. We absolutely need an angry Scottish man with the heart to win every game to help us battle through these last games.

ccfc_Tom

Deffo always one of my favourite players, need that engine and the potential match winning goal

Otis

Simple question, personally for me its a yes

Another MOTM performance at the weekend, some of our less experienced players running out of steam, players getting called up for international duty.... no brainer?
No, no, no!!

No offence, but what is the obsession of keep going on about him all the time and keep talking about him in thread after thread?

It's irrelevant unfortunately. He's gone and it is really obvious he isn't coming back. Not unless we sack Mowbray anyway. We need to let go of the fantastic and fanciful now.

Think we're going to have another Carl Baker situation here and as time wears on JOB is going to appear to be a better and better player until in the end we will have let go of Messi.

It may be a loan, but surely in our hearts we all know he has gone for good don't we?

Bob Latchford

I'd never have allowed him to leave in the first place. but ,as we're led to believe , Cov is a tad too far from Barnsley .

Kingokings204

Have him back in a heart beat as never understood the flak he has got. A good honest professional who gets a few goals. We could do worse

malkitccfc

I'd never have let him go in the first place but I don't really know whats gone on off the pitch. He's the type of player we need

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'd never have let him go in the first place but I don't really know whats gone on off the pitch. He's the type of player we need

Agree with this.

TM needs to just tell him 2 months time you'll be gone & able to get back up north but just need you for 9 games (hopefully 12) to drag us through, you're starting the next 2 just do what you do!

(But it won't happen)

stupot07

Agree with this.

TM needs to just tell him 2 months time you'll be gone & able to get back up north but just need you for 9 games (hopefully 12) to drag us through, you're starting the next 2 just do what you do!

(But it won't happen)
Completely agree.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

But how on earth could we get him to play for 9 matches if the manager and player don't see eye to eye? It's a nonsense isn't it?

Either the manager doesn't want him to play for us or JOB doesn't want to play for the manager.

To bring him back under that scenario would be a ridiculous thing to do.

D

Deleted member 2477

110% get him back. Our midfield has no attacking creation or steel. Since he went weve gone down hill fast and hes performing week in weekout out. Tm needs to put the club before his own ego

lifeskyblue

I wouldn't have let him go but as he did leave I don't see what has changed to bring him back (unlike the left back situation). So no I wouldn't recall him.
We do need a little more 'determination' from our forwards and attacking midfield and hopefully TM is looking at that for next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

110% get him back. Our midfield has no attacking creation or steel. Since he went weve gone down hill fast and hes performing week in weekout out. Tm needs to put the club before his own ego
But how do you know it is down the manager's ego?

I find all this talk very fanciful and fairy tale like.

He is not coming back. We need to get over it.

Otis

I rated him, but he went and as soon as he went I knew that any talk of him coming back was totally redundant.

skybluebeduff

How man chances at goal did JOB have whilst at CCFC, and the % of them that hit the stands? too many and that's why we got rid.

He's also out of contract in 3 months so good riddance, if he was still here we wouldn't of get them extra players...

chiefdave

I didn't dislike JOB, although he did have a touch of the headless chicken at times.

The issue is that he seems to have fallen out with Mowbray. Given that we're not hearing rumours of any other in the issues in the dressing room I think we have to give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt here and take him at his word that JOB was disruptive.

Sky Blue Kid

I didn't dislike JOB, although he did have a touch of the headless chicken at times.

The issue is that he seems to have fallen out with Mowbray. Given that we're not hearing rumours of any other in the issues in the dressing room I think we have to give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt here and take him at his word that JOB was disruptive.

Bloody hell! Totally agree with every word Dave ;)

oucho

To add to the chorus - would have preferred if he hadn't left, but he was unsettled and unhappy at not starting every game. He never left for football reasons, so on football grounds of course I'd have him back. But it sounds like it suits him, and TM, for him to be at Scunny. If we need him back and forcibly recall him against his will, I can't see that working out great. He's still a pro and would give his best, I suppose.

CCFC88

All this "I would never have let him go", you dont know what happened, you dont know that we let him go.

From my reading it sounds very much like, he wanted to be nearer to his family and start football matches so asked TM to move up north. Hes probably very happy now, playing every week, going home every night to his wife and kids, why oh why would he be happy and give, the so called, 110% if we dragged him back here away from all that?

Pointless thread.

Otis

All this "I would never have let him go", you dont know what happened, you dont know that we let him go.

From my reading it sounds very much like, he wanted to be nearer to his family and start football matches so asked TM to move up north. Hes probably very happy now, playing every week, going home every night to his wife and kids, why oh why would he be happy and give, the so called, 110% if we dragged him back here away from all that?

Pointless thread.
Yep. Totally agree.

He's not coming back, so why have threads on getting him back?

Pointless, sadly.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I couldn't give a shit if he was a bad influence in the dressing room. All we should care about it is what his influence is on the pitch, and that one was a good one.

Who cares if he told Chris Stokes that he didn't like his hand bag?

We've had a lot of lacklustre performances which JOB would be shouting at everyone in throughout. That's more than Mowbray does, so I imagine that's why their approaches clashed.

We need him back, and it isn't impossible. All we need is a few banners around the stadium and sing song for him, and he'll be back down the motorway in a jiffy!

Bob Latchford

Who do we want JOB , when do we want him NOW ! bring back JOB !!

Otis

I couldn't give a shit if he was a bad influence in the dressing room. All we should care about it is what his influence is on the pitch, and that one was a good one.

We've had a lot of lacklustre performances which JOB would be shouting at everyone in throughout. That's more than Mowbray does, so I imagine that's why their approaches clashed.

We need him back, and it isn't impossible. All we need is a few banners around the stadium and sing song for him, and he'll be back down the motorway in a jiffy!
Do you honestly think if he was a bad influence in the dressing room that wouldn't then be transposed and manifest itself out on the pitch?

Sounds rather naive that.

A happy, spirited, cohesive dressing room is key to a good team out on the pitch.

Listen to managers, the likes of Kenny Dalglish, who said that team spirit in the dressing room at Blackburn was absolutely huge in their being able to win the title!

It's a massive factor.

I don't know whether JOB was a bad influence or not here,, but if he was, I wouldn't want him within 200 miles of this club.

ClarkeZ

But how do you know it is down the manager's ego?

I find all this talk very fanciful and fairy tale like.

He is not coming back. We need to get over it.

I'm hoping you say the same for the Kent conversations that come back and back and back.
Technically we can recall JOB if we wanted to, we have little or no influence on whether Kent goes back on loan or where, but wen are allowed to keep discussing that?

The hypothetical question posed by OP is asking if people would like to see him back in the team. We are answering and discussing.
A large amount of what is discussed and said on this forum is hypothetical and never going to happen but that doesn't stop us exchanging opinions.

I would have him in the team in a heartbeat, he has the drive and intensity we need.

covcity4life

and you would know all about supporting the players lol

ms639

I'm hoping you say the same for the Kent conversations that come back and back and back.
Technically we can recall JOB if we wanted to, we have little or no influence on whether Kent goes back on loan or where, but wen are allowed to keep discussing that?

The hypothetical question posed by OP is asking if people would like to see him back in the team. We are answering and discussing.
A large amount of what is discussed and said on this forum is hypothetical and never going to happen but that doesn't stop us exchanging opinions.

I would have him in the team in a heartbeat, he has the drive and intensity we need.

Thank you JS, also all this talk of the player not coming back in a million years is absolute nonsense, as the parent club if we decide to recall him he would be back in the squad, simple as that, whether he wants that is a different matter. It would make sense for him to put his all into it though as it would be more likely to secure him a desirable move at the end of the season. Berahino is playing for WBA again and that situation was evidently far more sour, if needs must then personal ego's will be shelved

rupert_bear

Bring him back why ? He's crap. The question we should all be asking is why hasn't someone been brought in to replace him.

ClarkeZ

Bring him back why ? He's crap. The question we should all be asking is why hasn't someone been brought in to replace him.

Because we can only bring in loans, and we have far too many of those as it is.
Plus, you can't just magic a good enough player out of nowhere. If there were better players available I'm pretty sure that TM would know and will have tried or is still trying to secure them.

By the sounds of JJ coming in the options from higher league teams have been exhausted.

Otis

The Kent situation is completely different. He was on loan, his loan ran out and they took him back.

With JOB we have let him go on loan because TM doesn't want him here, or doesn't feel he fits in with our plans.

Two completely different scenarios. Fine wanting to get Kent back because TM didn't want him to leave in the first place.

JOB done here because either TM doesn't want him here, or JOB doesn't want to be here.

Completely different.

Hobo

JOB there was an indication JOB had a fallout or was being a disruptive influence...so no it is a non starter.

Users who are viewing this thread