Would you support CCFC in a new stadium built by SISU? (1 Viewer)

mark_ccfc

Would you support CCFC in a new stadium built by SISU if they were within 5 miles of the City Centre.

chiefdave

Would you support CCFC in a new stadium built by SISU if they were within 5 miles of the City Centre.

Would anywhere 5 miles from the city centre take you out of the city? People can only really decide if an actual location is given and not everyone will give the same answer. Clear to me that every step further away from the city boundary they take the lower the number of people who will find it acceptable.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I can never forget what they have done... I can never forget them taking CCFC to Northampton..... but life's too short, I'm missing out on quality time with my son.. I can't get that back, Saturdays are now punctuated by shopping trips and PS3 rantings from afar as I either tag along at a shopping mall or DIY whilst the young 'un plays FIFA 14.
If they come back to Coventry, to the Ricoh hopefully; then we'll be there like a shot.

Last edited:

Hobo

It is getting more and more difficult to be honest.

mark_ccfc

Sorry people - this was supposed to be a yes/no poll but I couldn't get 2 options on the poll to work an the post seems to have gone up as an ordinairy post.
I have messaged Nick about it. Can you change this into a straight YES/NO Poll Nick?

RoboCCFC90

100% Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Smith

Sorry people - this was supposed to be a yes/no poll but I couldn't get 2 options on the poll to work an the post seems to have gone up as an ordinairy post.
I have messaged Nick about it. Can you change this into a straight YES/NO Poll Nick?

I'll try but am on my mobile so not sure if I can.

TheUKGryphon

There was a time even after SISU's announcement that we'd be playing at sixfingers that I would have got my season ticket again if we returned to the Ricoh. Now, I wouldn't go anywhere, Ricoh or otherwise if it meant giving money to SISU. So, in conclusion, until the day SISU naff off, I will only go to away games and even then, I would buy my away ticket through the opposing club whenever possible. They are not going to destroy my club with my hard earned cash. I want them to suffer. Believe me, they are suffering now. They are desperate. I hate them more than words can possibly express.

James Smith

Can't do it on the mobile version or through Tapatalk. A Moderator can do it, it doesn't need to be Nick but they do need the full version of the site. You could try another mod if any are around.

wingy

No ,simply because the timeframe Is too long .I am doing other things involving other teams In Coventry .

Even the announcement of rock solid intention to be back would'nt induce me to go and carry on In Northapton.

The Club has been taken away from me ,not the other way round.

percy

how many times have we done this now. anyway its a no from me, we are coventry so we need to play in coventry. anywhere else is just not CCFC. near enough is not good enough for me im affraid

letsallsingtogether

NO then

wingy

Off topic ,but the biggest question that should have been asked today was ,"When" not "Where" ? The timing has a far bigger Impact on this fantasy than the location.

Marty

Only if it's inside Coventry. If they go ahead with the plans and it's built in Ryton, Nuneaton, Kenilworth etc. I'll never attend another CCFC game and I would put my support fully behind a start up club.

James Smith

Yes, depending on the costs of travel from the station.

hinkleee boyz

Let me help, as an outsider, with your dilemma. As your club appears reluctant to tell you where you're new stadium is to be built, I will tell you.

The address will be: Coventry City FC, the Smalltime Arena, Central Boulevard, Ansty Park, Coventry CV7 9xx.

The images of the stadium look OK, and the capacity of 12,000 looks more than enough for a club of you're ambition and stature,
although if you played Leicester (not likely for a couple of decades I grant you) at least 50% of the gate would be visiting fans,
something you will have a taste of on Boxing Day with 75% of the gate will be Peterborough fans.

Those SISU chaps seem really clued up, well at least to your colleagues on GMK, Grendull & RFC!

Remember where you heard it first, and I will torment you no more :wave:

percy

Let me help, as an outsider, with your dilemma. As your club appears reluctant to tell you where you're new stadium is to be built, I will tell you.

The address will be: Coventry City FC, the Smalltime Arena, Central Boulevard, Ansty Park, Coventry CV7 9xx.

The images of the stadium look OK, and the capacity of 12,000 looks more than enough for a club of you're ambition and stature,
although if you played Leicester (not likely for a couple of decades I grant you) at least 50% of the gate would be visiting fans,
something you will have a taste of on Boxing Day with 75% of the gate will be Peterborough fans.

Those SISU chaps seem really clued up, well at least to your colleagues on GMK, Grendull & RFC!

Remember where you heard it first, and I will torment you no more :wave:

fair comment. i dont mind hinkley united, good luck for the rest of the season pal

hill83

Yep. Obviously there are a few things to be confirmed, but when it comes down to it, I support Coventry City and that's it really.
So I'd go.

hill83

Yep, just a few bits to sort out!!

Ha! Well more like shit loads to sort out! Either way, if we ended up 'near' Coventry in a new stadium, I'm not staying away just because of the owners or because of a arbitrary line that doesn't really mean a great deal to me.
Fuck that. I like going, and I'm seriously missing it at the moment, end of story.

Steve_75

I would support CCFC in a new, SISU built stadium but...
It would have to be right on the border of Cov, not in Kenilworth, Bedworth etc but literally a stones throw from the border.
There would also need to be a change in the way SISU run the club. They would have to be properly transparent in what they do, with a reasonable, well thought out plan on how to progress the club. One that makes financial sense - not one borne out of spite.

Rusty Trombone

Ha! Well more like shit loads to sort out! Either way, if we ended up 'near' Coventry in a new stadium, I'm not staying away just because of the owners or because of a arbitrary line that doesn't really mean a great deal to me.
Fuck that. I like going, and I'm seriously missing it at the moment, end of story.

You'll have gone crazy if you have to wait for this new stadium, 3 years minimum before you get to see it. Not that I believe they have any intention whatsoever in building it. There is no way they will create enough value to get their money back. This is the biggest, and the very reddest, herring. And it stinks.

hill83

You'll have gone crazy if you have to wait for this new stadium, 3 years minimum before you get to see it. Not that I believe they have any intention whatsoever in building it. There is no way they will create enough value to get their money back. This is the biggest, and the very reddest, herring. And it stinks.

That's my main worry, I've said it before, I'm already doing other things on matchdays now and who knows where I'll be in 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread