Would you support CCFC in a new stadium built by SISU? (1 Viewer)

slyblue57

Yes without a shadow of doubt.
I fully support nopm.
I do nt go to Northampton and never will.
I go to away games and if possible buy my tickets from the away web site.
I fully support Kcic.
I dispise Sisu, I despise ACL and CCC equally.
I attended the Ricoh since it was built and have always thought it was soulless..
I d rather we were back there as its in Cov but think everyone who posts here must be blinded by hatred as
you did nt attend when we played there. Did you ?
pusb

mark_ccfc

Let me help, as an outsider, with your dilemma. As your club appears reluctant to tell you where you're new stadium is to be built, I will tell you.

The address will be: Coventry City FC, the Smalltime Arena, Central Boulevard, Ansty Park, Coventry CV7 9xx.

The images of the stadium look OK, and the capacity of 12,000 looks more than enough for a club of you're ambition and stature,
although if you played Leicester (not likely for a couple of decades I grant you) at least 50% of the gate would be visiting fans,
something you will have a taste of on Boxing Day with 75% of the gate will be Peterborough fans.

Those SISU chaps seem really clued up, well at least to your colleagues on GMK, Grendull & RFC!

Remember where you heard it first, and I will torment you no more :wave:

Ansty Park is within the City boundary - so that is a non-starter

mrbluesky87

NO. The minute the first brick is laid, my support for the club will be over. The Ricoh is not soulless, that's crap, look at the times we played Crewe, Chelsea, Newcastle, Wolves, Birmingham, Leicester??? What do you expect in league one and against the lower teams in the Championship.

Steve.B50

NO. The minute the first brick is laid, my support for the club will be over. The Ricoh is not soulless, that's crap, look at the times we played Crewe, Chelsea, Newcastle, Wolves, Birmingham, Leicester??? What do you expect in league one and against the lower teams in the Championship.

I agree with you on this one.

hinkleee boyz

No it's not, its covered by Rugby Borough Council. My post wasn't a total mickey take, the stadium name was,
but the address will be bang on. And it has exactly the right amount of land available. Public transport nightmare
though, but at least the Sparrow will be the away fans pub.

It depends how close to Coventry it is. If it is a metre more than 10 miles from the border I wont be going. Even if its within 10 miles, theres no guarantee I will go cus its still not in Coventry

cloughie

In a word no

I would feel like i have betrayed my team and club by going to any sisu owned stadium

They maybe the owners but not they are not the club

Last edited:

chiefdave

it's just outside isn't it, literally the other side of the road which would mean CCC would be involved with any infrastructure changes needed. Didn't this one already get looked into and someone else had already purchased the land and started work there?

skybluefred

NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO. NO.NO.NO.NO.NO. That should satisfy the short message rule,it does not
change the answer though. NO.NO.NO.NO.

Como

My Granddad used to take me I guess the first time was when I was 7? and we would walk from Cheylesmore. Or have lunch at Fishemores then walk up.

The first time I went to the Ricoh we came up on the train, had a few beers as usual and then took taxi's!, I did not and do not know the boundaries on that side, if someone had said we were outside Cov then it would have both been logical and I would not have been bothered either way. Handy for the M6 but a long way from Town.

thaiskyblue

in a word no. sick off these cretins taking our club to laughable depths, will wait and pray they crawl back to to the sewer , then will return , pusb.

Sky Blue Pete

Difficult isn't it. If the club is taken from you by degrees you don't notice 10 years down the line you are supporting your CCfc in a town 20 miles away, wearing red home kits, playing in league 2 etc etc that if it had all been done at the same time you would have run a mile. It's my argument for the few supporters travelling to sixfields, at what point do you say, 'no more!' 5 years in Northampton? 7 years? New stadium in wellesbourne? Change of name? Change of kit? Badge? League 2? Conference? Sale of Wilson? Sale of Clarke? (Not Jordan). Our club has been taken hostage!!

Otis

Would you support CCFC in a new stadium built by SISU if they were within 5 miles of the City Centre.

Not a simple yes/no question for me.

'When' is a very critical issue here. They build it in 5 years time and thousands of City fans may well be lost forever ..... me included. Think after 5 years most of us will be entrenched into a life of being an armchair fan and watching from a distance and it will have become so much of the norm that it would take a major readjustment to our lives to then return.

Every minute we are away from Coventry is hurting the fans and eating into our spirit, resolve and loyalty.

Not a striaght yes/no question. Built within 2 years and I would go, but we all know it is going to be nowhere close to being 2 years. Going to be 3 at the very minimum and more likely to be 5.

In 5 years time I think the answer would be a very firm no from me. 5 years without a football team is going to test anyone's loyalty. I fear a generation will be lost.

For me the answer and one and only answer is, the Ricoh.

skybluealan

Not a simple yes/no question for me.

'When' is a very critical issue here. They build it in 5 years time and thousands of City fans may well be lost forever ..... me included. Think after 5 years most of us will be entrenched into a life of being an armchair fan and watching from a distance and it will have become so much of the norm that it would take a major readjustment to our lives to then return.

Every minute we are away from Coventry is hurting the fans and eating into our spirit, resolve and loyalty.

Not a striaght yes/no question. Built within 2 years and I would go, but we all know it is going to be nowhere close to being 2 years. Going to be 3 at the very minimum and more likely to be 5.

In 5 years time I think the answer would be a very firm no from me. 5 years without a football team is going to test anyone's loyalty. I fear a generation will be lost.

For me the answer and one and only answer is, the Ricoh.

I agree with everything you say Otis, but distance is no problem for me as I travel from the North East to watch my beloved team. I for one would never watch a team calling themselves CCFC playing outside of Coventry.

sky blue john

Sisu we told you not to move the club to sixfields repeatedly !!!!
Without fan support any scheme of yours is doomed !!!
And i don't count the support of the minority that go to sixfields !!!
If its outside Coventry your 12k stadium is far to ambitious for 1.5k of fans and without fans nobody in their right mind would fund such a development !!!!

Grendel

if its in the coventry city boundery yes if it is outside then no

Don't Nottingham forest play outside the city boundaries?

skybluetony176

5 miles = Yes

8 maybe 9miles = No and like pinocchio's nose the distance from the city centre being quoted by sisu representatives seems to keep growing. if this was to happen i would get behind afc coventry 1883 or what ever it will end up being called. the latter is also a change of heart from me, i originally said that because i'm not from coventry i wouldn't. but now i would, just to stick 2 fingers up to sisu and the FL/FA.

Otis

Obviously much prefer us to play IN the city, but that is not my major concern. 5 miles isn't much at all. The issue though is one of taking 5 years+ to build a new stadium that will be much smaller and further away, when we have a perfectly decent stadium already here.

As I say, the issue is 'when' rather than 'where,' as long as it is only 5 miles away max.

In 5 years an awful lot of loyal, lifelong City fans could well be lost forever.

skybluetony176

they do, they play in west bridgeford and which as i am sure you are aware is on the opposit bank of the river trent from nottinghams city boundary which would be equivalent to say bagington or exhall (minus the river), they have been there since 1898, it still has a nottingham post code and is still within the nottingham parish. they have had 5 grounds in total if you include trent bridge and each time they have moved its been for increased capacity and better facilities, sort of the opposite to why we're apparently moving. plus we dont know if the new site will have a CV postcode, or be located in the coventry parish.

so what's you're point

chiefdave

for most people I think if we were moving outside the city boundary as we needed a new stadium and there were no suitable sites in the city it wouldn't be a problem. When you're moving outside the city because the owners are refusing to use a stadium in the city or consider any sites in the city its bound to get a different response from people.

Grendel

magic82ball

Looks like Grendels bored again today...

skybluecity345

No I wouldn't, I for one will stop supporting CCFC if and when they base themselves out of Cov, and it has now gone up to 8 miles from the City Centre now. At this rate, they will be heading back to Northampton to built their tin pot stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread