Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (7 Viewers)

Hobo

What today showed is how little depth we have in the squad.

Some of the players starting had a point to prove and a shirt to fight for. They just havent got it.

Moore Dabo Waghorn Kelly need moving on.

Tavares showed why has not been starting. A loan is the way forward for him.

Panzo was woeful and I havent been convinced with him this season defensively. Lets people run in behind him too often. He may pose a threat attacking at corners and freekicks. But defensively his heading is almost non existent.

Brighton Sky Blue

Some of the players starting had a point to prove and a shirt to fight for. They just havent got it.

Panzo was woeful and I havent been convinced with him this season defensively. Lets people run in behind him too often. He may pose a threat attacking at corners and freekicks. But defensively his heading is almost non existent.

Tavares won’t be playing anywhere for a good while.

Otis

I picked up on that as soon s he arrived here. He doesn't seem to jump well at all, or has a 50p head. 🤷

fernandopartridge

There is nothing about Tavares that gives me even a hint of belief that a loan would suddenly help him out

clint van damme

We need 4 or 5 championship quality players in in the window.
Moore and Kelly done, Tav out long term, not that he's good enough and we need to either get Dabo fit or get rid.
I actually blame Robins for the Dabo situation, he's clearly not fit yet he keeps playing him

Evo1883

Whilst the result is poor and its easy to slam every player and rightly so .. let's just remember it's the cup and the cup throws up all sorts of curveballs , remember when this united team lost 3-0 at home to York 😂... we just have to move on

Screenshot_20230107_200632_Chrome.jpg

AStonesThrow

Well summed up.

It was a very entertaining game, we scored 3, hit the post 3 times and should have won the game in the end.

I am not too down about it at all, but then I have always been a glass half full kind of person. At the moment my dad is in hospital and I am sleeping on the couch of my soon to be ex wife, in the house I have just entirely given up to her.

It was just a game of football and I don't feel it was an humiliation at all

A humiliation would have been us throwing the towel in and the game petering out at 4-1 down and us down to 10 men.

I actually enjoyed the game. Frustrated we lost, but on another day, that game would have been a thrashing to us.

C'est la vie, life goes on. Stay healthy and keep smiling. 👍
Sad to hear this Otis, I hope you’re keeping ok through it all mate

Otis

We need 4 or 5 championship quality players in in the window.
Moore and Kelly done, Tav out long term, not that he's good enough and we need to either get Dabo fit or get rid.
I actually blame Robins for the Dabo situation, he's clearly not fit yet he keeps playing him
Yes, but I get the feeling he has felt he has had to. Kane is out if favour and been getting a lot of flak on here when he HAS played and Eccles, who covered, has been injured. That just leaves Burroughs doesn't it?

NorthernWisdom

Yes, but I understand why Robins didn't. He was trying to rest the key players best he could. Our squad is too small.
There was always the attendant risk Hamer came on, got injured or sent off, and we were buggered because of that.

FWIW I'd always give the players 10 minutes after half time to show the message they've been given has sunk in - they dug the hole, they get the chance to lift us out of it. tbf I'd have still made the changes earlier than Robins did even then as we weren't looking on it particularly, but last season not making many changes saw us come back from losing positions time and time again, so it's hard to say he gets it wrong more than he gets it right. He probably did get the timing of changes wrong today... but not by as much as some would have it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Let's wait and see. They have surprised us before and maybe we will have new players on for the game

We might. But while we decided to throw a game at home to Conference crap, they spanked a PL side away.

It’ll be a heavy loss. Then on to Norwich who have a new manager in place.

Matt smith

And it won't be popular with shmmeee, but Allen came on, knocked a couple of nice balls about, stretched their defence, linked midfield to Gyokeres, increased our tempo of play, and Wrexham couldn't handle a midfielder or two actually moving about.

tbf Waghorn did OK too, but he obviously can't last a full game anymore, and we've run out of fit forwards to replace him with anyway.
Waghorn is shite mate come on

pusbccfc

Otis

There was always the attendant risk Hamer came on, got injured or sent off, and we were buggered because of that.

FWIW I'd always give the players 10 minutes after half time to show the message they've been given has sunk in - they dug the hole, they get the chance to lift us out of it. tbf I'd have still made the changes earlier than Robins did even then as we weren't looking on it particularly, but last season not making many changes saw us come back from losing positions time and time again, so it's hard to say he gets it wrong more than he gets it right. He probably did get the timing of changes wrong today... but not by as much as some would have it.
Exactly how I feel

clint van damme

Yes, but I get the feeling he has felt he has had to. Kane is out if favour and been getting a lot of flak on here when he HAS played and Eccles, who covered, has been injured. That just leaves Burroughs doesn't it?

Playing an injured player instead of a fit one because they're out of favour is madness.
And I would play Burroughs there if that was the only option.

Terry Gibson's perm

The rest of the season will be decided by the business we do in the next couple of weeks, we can’t manage the rest of the season with only two strikers and one of those is useless. We desperately need another centre back

TomRad85

Kane was better than Dabo as he often is. Hopefully this new geezer keeps them both out though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

The rest of the season will be decided by the business we do in the next couple of weeks, we can’t manage the rest of the season with only two strikers and one of those is useless. We desperately need another centre back

Without McF that defence falls to pieces when anything comes into the box. Whoever is signed has to be similar

Users who are viewing this thread