Match Thread Wycombe (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Haven’t changed my view that we are the better side in more than one respect. We both have small squads for this level, if they had to stick Grimmer at CB then that’s giving you an idea of their injury issues. They do have some dangerous players like all teams do but they won’t hurt us unless we let them.

Cov win by 1 or 2

Clueless, negative, etc etc

Johhny Blue

I've described him as a luxury player before because to be effective you have to get him the ball in and around the box, he's no way near good enough to make that kind of concession for though. Would be a special team player in the NFL.
So would Hamer and Ostigard

Evo1883

BTW, today proved once again that irrespective of formation... Players need to perform to make any formation work.

Wether it's 532 5221 or 4141, if players are off their game you end up with turgid shit like today...

I'm just glad we are grinding out results

clint van damme

BTW, today proved once again that irrespective of formation... Players need to perform to make any formation work.

Wether it's 532 5221 or 4141, if players are off their game you end up with turgid shit like today...

I'm just glad we are grinding out results

I'd disagree with that slightly, whether 1 up front or 2, O'Hare needs to be right up behind those strikers.
We start him far too deep too often.
I'm also glad we're grinding out results and don't expect to see any stand out team performances, all about working hard and and grinding out points.
Stay up and continue to build.

Mucca Mad Boys

Next 4 fixtures tricky. I would take 1 win tbh. Anything else bonus

I’m a bit more optimistic, Sheff Wednesday and Preston away are both winnable. PNE’s home record has been shocking.

Our home record has been decent, so I’m hoping we can pick up points against Huddersfield and Stoke.

Our defensive record has also drastically improved too, we’ve only conceded 1 goal from open play in the last 7 games. Massive turn around.

RegTheDonk

Made hard work of that but about time we had a bit of luck at the end. Would have been nice not to worry for a change, but its par for the course to bite your nails as a city fan. Pleased as punch for Kelly, didn't listen to the after match so hope he's not injured too badly. Great to grind out a result, particularly against teams that are in the relegation mix.

Tartan Specials

Oops, celebrating the end of lockdown too much! 😀. As I was saying, farrago is a belter of a word. Grubby win but ultimately they only got in it from a very dubious penalty. How the hell did we end up with Hamer, way out of our league.

Skybluefaz

I’m a bit more optimistic, Sheff Wednesday and Preston away are both winnable. PNE’s home record has been shocking.

Our home record has been decent, so I’m hoping we can pick up points against Huddersfield and Stoke.

Our defensive record has also drastically improved too, we’ve only conceded 1 goal from open play in the last 7 games. Massive turn around.
We never do well at Preston. Proper bogey ground

Tartan Specials

That's not an argument.

Performance is not just based on ability, it is also on effort. Certainly some players didn't put enough in.
It's funny, I was thinking that watching the game. It was almost like last season when we were top of the league and they were giving it everything. I wouldn't be too hard on our lot as it must be hard to adapt in those circumstances.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's funny, I was thinking that watching the game. It was almost like last season when we were top of the league and they were giving it everything. I wouldn't be too hard on our lot as it must be hard to adapt in those circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, some players have put in absolutely everything. I would add O'Hare to that. His final product has been poor in many ways but he is fighting for it all the time and even defending towards the end today.

I didn't get the feeling about 3 or 4 other players and they have been consistent offenders.

Skybluefaz

Don't get me wrong, some players have put in absolutely everything. I would add O'Hare to that. His final product has been poor in many ways but he is fighting for it all the time and even defending towards the end today.

I didn't get the feeling about 3 or 4 other players and they have been consistent offenders.
Who is on your hit list? Baka, Shipley... Not sure who else

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who is on your hit list? Baka, Shipley... Not sure who else

Would you genuinely argue with those two being sub-standard?

I would add McCallum in who has been very poor in my opinion for a few games. I also think Walker should be doing better, regardless of this 'isolation' people talk about.

The rest of the team I'm very impressed with though. Dabo is doing really well despite the fact he was coming back from injury and a bit out of form it seems. He's played through that. Got to give credit to Biamou as well. I felt, particularly today, that he showed a few players up with his grit and determination.

Skybluefaz

I would add McCallum in who has been very poor in my opinion for a few games. I also think Walker should be doing better, regardless of this 'isolation' people talk about.

The rest of the team I'm very impressed with though. Dabo is doing really well despite the fact he was coming back from injury and a bit out of form it seems. He's played through that. Got to give credit to Biamou as well. I felt, particularly today, that he showed a few players up with his grit and determination.
No I agree that those 2 are obviously not up to the standard that's why I named them. I couldn't say I'm massively concerned about any others.

Dabo and Hamer linking up today doing some one touch stuff looked prem quality

Sky Blue Harry H

Quick update re: Huddersfield game. Their keeper went off injured at half time, and their best player up front (today) Danny Ward went off with a hamstring injury. Would still be happy with a point to keep the run going Our following game at Sheffield Wed, one of their better players Iorfa is now out for the rest of the season with a ruptured achilles). Big game Forest v Sheff Wed midweek.

Last edited:

Tartan Specials

Dabo of last season could have my babies, but if he's not fully fit then why play him if he don't absolutely need to do so?

Users who are viewing this thread