Transfer Rumour Yasin Ayari (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

Sounds a very decent player, young though at only 19 & Brighton will want him playing regularly.

Tomh111

Brighton and Brentfords owners now don't speak, but at one point the Brentford owner worked for Tony Bloom- so it's no surprise they're both operating in a similar style and experiencing similar successes.

They both made their money in pro gambling, building ways of breaking open the markets using stats and algorithms.

Its all built originally on xG and xPoints, it's really fascinating stuff - if you're nerdy.

Frostie

Brighton and Brentfords owners now don't speak, but at one point the Brentford owner worked for Tony Bloom- so it's no surprise they're both operating in a similar style and experiencing similar successes.

They both made their money in pro gambling, building ways of breaking open the markets using stats and algorithms.

Its all built originally on xG and xPoints, it's really fascinating stuff - if you're nerdy.
It's funny how some of the more 'traditionalist' football people, especially fans, hate all the modern use of data & statistics when the evidence couldn't be clearer as to its importance in giving clubs like these a massive leg up over rivals & much bigger/richer/more established clubs.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's funny how some of the more 'traditionalist' football people, especially fans, hate all the modern use of data & statistics when the evidence couldn't be clearer as to its importance in giving clubs like these a massive leg up over rivals & much bigger/richer/more established clubs.
I think there is still a place for old-fashioned scouting - going to watch teams/players. But it has to work hand in hand with the data and stats. If you see a player you like at a game you look at the stats or, vice versa, if the stats identify a potential signing you then send the scouts to watch them.

AFCCOVENTRY

It’s a bit like your grandad. Moaning old bastard set in his ways! 😂

It’s the new way and if anything we should be investing heavily in data scouts and widening our scouting network.

Frostie

I think there is still a place for old-fashioned scouting - going to watch teams/players. But it has to work hand in hand with the data and stats. If you see a player you like at a game you look at the stats or, vice versa, if the stats identify a potential signing you then send the scouts to watch them.
That is how it does work, 100%. Clubs like Brighton have enormous databases of potential signings that they have identified using data but they still go & scout them in person. Might be mistaken but I think Brighton were the first to have position specific scouts too.

Tomh111

Data and analysis gives you a better pool of players to look at, that's how it is and should be used.

Data draws your attention to teams and players that operate how you want to or are performing above the level of their team mates etc. You then send scouts to look at them and I tract with them etc, to do your due diligence.

What's interesting is the levels of bias and lack of consensus in scouting by eye.

The Athletic provided the same set of videos and match reports on a left back to a series of leading European scouts and there was a complete spectrum in their responses. Some predicted world class future, others non-league etc.

covcity4life

Independent reliable source close to Ayari and BHA. I am not a CCFC ITK so let’s kill that rumor before it starts, but I am active in the transfers world. I wouldn’t want to ruin my reputation as a user here posting bollocks, so i don’t post everything I hear but this one SHOULD be done…
Thanks for the clarification

Sounds promising!

shmmeee

Data and analysis gives you a better pool of players to look at, that's how it is and should be used.

Data draws your attention to teams and players that operate how you want to or are performing above the level of their team mates etc. You then send scouts to look at them and I tract with them etc, to do your due diligence.

What's interesting is the levels of bias and lack of consensus in scouting by eye.

The Athletic provided the same set of videos and match reports on a left back to a series of leading European scouts and there was a complete spectrum in their responses. Some predicted world class future, others non-league etc.

Match reports and videos for me aren’t the same as watching a player and aren’t quantitative data.

When I worked in property data “scouting”, getting customers in a data driven mindset was the hardest thing. It’s like Google: if you know what you’re doing you can find stuff no one else can, but the data filters are just helping sift through that pile. And ultimately first hand domain knowledge rules all. Sometimes what seems from the data a prime piece of land (or player in this instance) might be a hidden gem or have something the data doesn’t capture that’s put everyone off for good reason.

People expecting 100% hit rate and 0% false positive rate were always the ones most frustrated and who got the least out of the process. Those who knew how to utilise data absolutely flew though.

Mucca Mad Boys

The two older men stood behind me said ‘get your stats up lads’ in a mocking tone whenever our players - particularly Eccles and Sheaf - passed the ball backwards and sideways.

We were the most direct team in the league last season and v Leicester…

shmmeee

Fancy city types with their book learnin’

PVA

I once had an interview with Tony Bloom's company Star Lizard. Very secretive company.

The first part of the interview was basically a football quiz, not your usual interview!

Fergusons_Beard

Independent reliable source close to Ayari and BHA. I am not a CCFC ITK so let’s kill that rumor before it starts, but I am active in the transfers world. I wouldn’t want to ruin my reputation as a user here posting bollocks, so i don’t post everything I hear but this one SHOULD be done…

Always thought with your level of knowledge of backwater European leagues that you couldn’t just be a nerdy fan T&B!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slowpoke

This Atari lad sounds a decent good player but at 19 is he ready to come into our first team because imo that’s what we need.
Worked with Doyle though last season but we groomed him for a rival in Leicester.
Personally I want our own players owned and paid for by us.

TomRad85

This Atari lad sounds a decent good player but at 19 is he ready to come into our first team because imo that’s what we need.
Worked with Doyle though last season but we groomed him for a rival in Leicester.
Marc Rodriguez Fun GIF

Matt smith

You’re having a shocker this morning

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I'm so confident of this completing, I've already got his name on a t-shirt!

AFCCOVENTRY

Would be a very exciting signing this. I would hope we also sign a marquee midfielder on a perm to develop like we did we Gus.

fatso

He cost Brighton 6million euros, which is out of the range of most championship clubs to spend on an untested teenager.

But clearly he must be a tremendous prospect, if we get to tap into his ability for no financial risk, even for 1 season, that has to be good news surely?

Especially as he can offer us pace and creativity which our threadbare squad could definitely do with.

Users who are viewing this thread