Yesterdays goals......... (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Seen them on The Football League show and was disappointed to see that they both involved us being caught out by long balls. Also, both came down our left hand side. I dont know what Hussey was doing hugging the ball without the whistle going. This is again school boy stuff, where players need to learn to play to the whistle!

And the second one was equally as bad; Christie getting caught out by a long ball and losing his man. I havent heard anyone critising him about this, and im not having a dig, but I reckon if it was Hussey who was at fault, fans would have been calling for his head!

I think it shows that our LB has no cover / help, no matter who plays there!

People get on Husseys back, but not the other academy kids. I dont know why this is. Remember Hussey is only 21 himself, and has come from non league football, where as the academy players have been on a professional clubs books for some time before getting their chance, so Hussey hasnt really much more of a development than these kids have IMO!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the football league show last night and I ALWAYS watch the football league show.

Platt_The_Donkey

Seen them on The Football League show and was disappointed to see that they both involved us being caught out by long balls. Also, both came down our left hand side. I dont know what Hussey was doing hugging the ball without the whistle going. This is again school boy stuff, where players need to learn to play to the whistle!

And the second one was equally as bad; Christie getting caught out by a long ball and losing his man. I havent heard anyone critising him about this, and im not having a dig, but I reckon if it was Hussey who was at fault, fans would have been calling for his head!

People get on Husseys back, but not the other academy kids. I dont know why this is. Remember Hussey is only 21 himself, and has come from non league football, where as the academy players have been on a professional clubs books for some time before getting their chance, so Hussey hasnt really much more of a development than these kids have IMO!!

Christie has earned the respect to make the odd mistake, has Hussey??? who is 22 by the way, 23 in January.

Frostie

Said exactly this yesterday.

Look at the way Blackpool targeted both full back positions with the long diagonal ball, it is the weak point of our system. As we play with no wingers the full back has no cover so when they tuck in to the centre (which is a deliberate ploy used by all teams by the way) the opposition winger hugs the touchline knowing they have no winger to cover them.
Time for a change in formation in my opinion, our lack of width has been found out.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Christie has earned the respect to make the odd mistake, has Hussey??? who is 22 by the way, 23 in January.

My mistake with the age thing. Still only young though.

I personally think people are more critical when a player is brought to the club, rather than being brought up by the club. Look at when Sheffers has a dreadful game. His name (and that annoying "he's better than Henry" son is sang). Opinion only!

Hussey made a hell of a step up from where he was to where he was now, and is entitled to have the odd game. Admittedly they seem to be becomming more frequent, but this is an area where we dont have competition. Christie is not a left back (I dont believe), and it is a lot of pressure to put on someone so young to ask them to play out of position!

Nonleagueherewecome

And the second one was equally as bad; Christie getting caught out by a long ball and losing his man. I havent heard anyone critising him about this,
!

You missed my post last night, then! Agree with your point, but at least Christie gave it all he's got trying to get back. Terribly out of position, though.

We do need to get of Husseys back-he was superb for a while, and has had a dip. He isn't the only one-that's inexperience and low confidence for you.

Nonleagueherewecome

Hussey has earnt the right every bit as much as Christie, if not more. 3 fantastic assists at the end of last season for a start.

Users who are viewing this thread