Your move next ACL??? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Well the battlelines publicly drawn now with aunty Joy coming out and saying they want to buy the ground outright. I am sure ACL are already aware of this but I wonder if ACL will respond to this interview??:thinking about::thinking about:

skybluetony176

Well the battlelines publicly drawn now with aunty Joy coming out and saying they want to buy the ground outright. I am sure ACL are already aware of this but I wonder if ACL will respond to this interview??:thinking about::thinking about:

i think she would have to make a real offer to get a real response.

in essence she needs to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk

Hobo

Why is it their move next?

shy_tall_knight

If I wanted to buy something, especially the Ricoh I would do all my talking in private, public statements like Joy's are designed to try to put pressure on CCC. CCC have a price which is far north of what Joy is prepared to pay = stalemate. very sad.

theferret

If I wanted to buy something, especially the Ricoh I would do all my talking in private, public statements like Joy's are designed to try to put pressure on CCC. CCC have a price which is far north of what Joy is prepared to pay = stalemate. very sad.

So, she says nothing for 6 years and people complain. She speaks once and she is a publicity whore? The buy-out talks in 2012 were done in private and that didn't exactly work out for them. I understand people who criticise what she said, but not the fact she said it (that's a general point and not aimed specifically at you STK).

Covstu

I think the private talks have been done some time ago and like you say they are poles apart in the valuation. Surely both parties will come to a deal as a new stadium makes no sense when there is one sitting there but I would assume that it would be ccc that would have to move the most if this deal was to come off.

dongonzalos

Last time she told them, it was to be at her price

dongonzalos

According to ACL, so must be true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes think it was denied by SISU at the time so mustn't have been true then.
Pretty much confirmed by Ms Seppela herself now.
So yes must be true.

Hobo

it was a question dicksplash hence the question marks!
and when I said why is it their move next? I was expressing my opinion, because I dont think they have to make the next move.
Shame you are so tetchy perhaps its past your bedtime.

italiahorse

There are 2 values for the stadium.
One with the team (ACL valuation) and one without the team (SISU valuation). If the first is £30M and the second is £10M then they should settle on £20M. Life's so easy.

Godiva

Last time she told them, it was to be at her price

So what is her price?

Sisu and its related firm Otium, which now runs the club, says a fair price for the Ricoh and the potential development land around it could be agreed by taking the average of each sides’ surveyors’ valuations, based on potential income.

Otis

Any move by ACL would be welcome. It's all gone too quiet for an entity that says it desperately wants the club back playing there.

torchomatic

Agree Otis. ACL need to come out and either dismiss what JS has said or they need to try and get their football team back. A new stadium would be fine for CCFC but a disaster for the arena, CCC and ACL

Joy Division

How can SISU afford to but the stadium outright if they can't afford the monthly rent?

Astute

So, she says nothing for 6 years and people complain. She speaks once and she is a publicity whore? The buy-out talks in 2012 were done in private and that didn't exactly work out for them. I understand people who criticise what she said, but not the fact she said it (that's a general point and not aimed specifically at you STK).

Maybe it is because it took her 6 years to speak and all she said was what we already know......well most of us anyway. Stu shows not all of us because he still says 'According to ACL, so must be true' when Joy admitted it was true and SISU lied to us. That was about all that came out that some wouldn't believe.

dongonzalos

So what is her price?

I can quite imagine it will be the asking price

5aha6y6e.jpg

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just thoughts ..........

If I was ACL would I want to enter in to a public media discussion at this time? I am sure SISU would like that to happen but does that best suit ACL? Perhaps that was part of the Seppala strategy when she released yesterdays statements - to force a response. I think I might be tempted to stay quiet let sisu stew.

ACL can only offer a rental deal, Seppala has clearly said that she would not return the club on a rental deal even temporarily. So what is there to talk about for ACL?

SISU need to know what the situation is at ACL in terms of the finances and trade, staying quiet gives no clues what so ever. It might therefore suit ACL

The situation has changed, the link with the team has broken, so they could (not saying they should or that they do) look at it as that they owe the fans nothing so dont need to say anything

What happens if they are right in that their business model is viable without CCFC do they need to get in a PR match with CCFC?

Would a PR battle with CCFC actually damage the ACL/Ricoh image further? especially as they have reportedly drawn a line under it all.

just thoughts as to perhaps why ACL may say little in response other than they are happy to discuss a rental deal if Otium want to approach them with a proposal.

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

Good question........ the answer is no as if SISU buy the Ricoh they will all lose their jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread