Your verdict (1 Viewer)

Do welcome the selection of Otium Entertainment as the preferred bidder for CCFC Ltd?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

covkid69

Any sisu related company getting selected is a huge backwards step for this club....the only way is down

Sky Blues

Poll text box was too small to get the full question in, but the edit came out badly. If any admin has the ability to edit the poll question to add a "you" after "Do" and remove the "the" before "preferred", I'd be grateful. Thanks.

hill83

I voted no, although that's not to say something good can't eventually come out of this.
Be that progress with these lot or them selling the club.

Sky Blues

Polls mean shit to the situation

I accept the poll is unlikely to change the situation. Que sera sera.
But the administrator said: "I realise and appreciate the end result of the sale process will not necessarily be welcomed by a large number of Coventry City fans".
And I was wondering what proportion of our fans did or did not welcome the selection of Otium Entertainment as the preferred bidder.

SkyBlueSwiss

I think you do Torch - and maybe even Grendel - an injustice here. They are not SISU supporters as I understand it. They are merely more likely to accept SISU if that is what happens.

covhead1

The sisu muppets could'nt run ccfc before administration so how they gonna suddenly be able to now?? :jerkit:

can't see it, we are back to square one.
we had shit owners before and we still got 'em, yippeeeee play up sky blues.

RELEGATION HERE WE COME!

Sky Blues

Well, it appears Coventry City fans (on Sky Blues Talk at least) can almost unanimously agree on one thing...

95.7% of them did not welcome the selection of Otium Entertainment as the preferred bidder for Coventry City Football Club Ltd.

_brian_

As I didn't know who two of the bidders were, what any of the bidders plans for CCFC are or what any of the bidders true finances are like, I decided not to vote! Sorry, mate! I hope this hasn't caused you any offence - nothing against your poll or anything!!!

Godiva

Well, it appears Coventry City fans (on Sky Blues Talk at least) can almost unanimously agree on one thing...

95.7% of them did not welcome the selection of Otium Entertainment as the preferred bidder for Coventry City Football Club Ltd.

More precisely:
95.7% of those who participated in the vote on Sky Blues Talk forum ...

I didn't participate as there was not an 'I don't know' option.

Astute

I prefer anyone over SISU so must vote for Otium :facepalm:

A bad day for CCFC and if (when) the football league ratify it, a sad day for football.

just a shame the world of football doesnt really care. pompey, leeds, luton, plymouth, notts county and southampton got alot of media exposure iirc, not us. maybe sky blue trusts next demo day should be at sky sports news centre.

Sky Blues

More precisely:
95.7% of those who participated in the vote on Sky Blues Talk forum ...

I didn't participate as there was not an 'I don't know' option.

You don't think you know enough about the situation to say whether you welcome Otium Entertainment or not? As we don't have perfect knowledge, all any of us can do is give a gut reaction based on what we know so far. Otium may prove to be wonderful and enlightened owners that prove 96% of us wrong, or they might not. We can only judge in the moment.

Astute

You don't think you know enough about the situation to say whether you welcome Otium Entertainment or not? As we don't have perfect knowledge, all any of us can do is give a gut reaction based on what we know so far. Otium may prove to be wonderful and enlightened owners that prove 96% of us wrong, or they might not. We can only judge in the moment.

It is such a shame that only one of Otium will want to sit on the bench with our manager :pointlaugh:

change the question to: do you welcome the selrction of sisu owned otium entertainment as the preferred bidder? and would anyone have a different view

Sky Blues

As I didn't know who two of the bidders were, what any of the bidders plans for CCFC are or what any of the bidders true finances are like, I decided not to vote! Sorry, mate! I hope this hasn't caused you any offence - nothing against your poll or anything!!!

None taken Brian. I specifically asked the question purely on Otium because I wanted to strip out arguments about other bidders etc and just get a sense of what people thought about the company the administrator selected with the others having now (at the time I set the poll anyway) fallen into the category 'academic'.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

I didn't vote either.....

mainly cos there was no "I'm long past fucking caring...I couldn't give a shit who owns us....I just want a few pints & watch the footy every now & then" option.

Paxman II

Of course nobody particularly wanted SISU back in control under Otium or any other guise but the poll is not asking the right question is it?
It will only appeal to all who dislike SISU regardless surely?

cloughie

Of course nobody particularly wanted SISU back in control under Otium or any other guise but the poll is not asking the right question is it?
It will only appeal to all who dislike SISU regardless surely?

Well according to the unfairly labelled sisu lovers no one likes sisu so surely it should be 100% no

Hells_Bells299

Unfortunately they will pass the fit an proper test, they also had inside information knowing what 'they' are owed it was too easy to bid and say all debts written off more than likely 'in principle', others bidding had no real idea of what is in Ltd, SISU don't care it's all in the aid of the cause 'to own the Ricoh' whether that be in full or part. This unfortunately is the beginning of the end - unless of course as always there becomes yet another twist to the tale - which judging on the last 6mths anything is possible! We as fans need to take our stance - whether that be beside 'their (sisu)club or standing by 'our' club in Coventry! Those who want sisu, ground share and willing to accept - sit back and wait, u may get what you are accepting, those who don't take 5 mins to do what we need you to, write the the FL asap, everyone is entitled to their own view - either way - my view, take the club out of Coventry and you lose the title CCFC! The business model is not a viable one for the club, either way the demise is upon us whether it be now or over the next 3yrs, SISU will never regain the trust of 95% of fans nor will they or can they deliver what fishface has spouted about the last 6 yrs have delivered nothing and ensured we are where we are! Pen to paper peoples if you want the club to survive - long term!

Paxman II

Unfortunately they will pass the fit an proper test, they also had inside information knowing what 'they' are owed it was too easy to bid and say all debts written off more than likely 'in principle', others bidding had no real idea of what is in Ltd, SISU don't care it's all in the aid of the cause 'to own the Ricoh' whether that be in full or part. This unfortunately is the beginning of the end - unless of course as always there becomes yet another twist to the tale - which judging on the last 6mths anything is possible! We as fans need to take our stance - whether that be beside 'their (sisu)club or standing by 'our' club in Coventry! Those who want sisu, ground share and willing to accept - sit back and wait, u may get what you are accepting, those who don't take 5 mins to do what we need you to, write the the FL asap, everyone is entitled to their own view - either way - my view, take the club out of Coventry and you lose the title CCFC! The business model is not a viable one for the club, either way the demise is upon us whether it be now or over the next 3yrs, SISU will never regain the trust of 95% of fans nor will they or can they deliver what fishface has spouted about the last 6 yrs have delivered nothing and ensured we are where we are! Pen to paper peoples if you want the club to survive - long term!

As much as I dislike SISU I have to say that's a load of bollocks. Unless you have in depth knowledge and the ability to account better than their experts, then I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself and asking others to do the same.

Hells_Bells299

As much as I dislike SISU I have to say that's a load of bollocks. Unless you have in depth knowledge and the ability to account better than their experts, then I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself and asking others to do the same.

I would like to think IF i did have a business and with my accountancy experience such actions by a CEO would have signed accounts off correctly, so as for the experts - really? And how is writing to the FL going to be making a fool?? Or asking what others are already doing??

Users who are viewing this thread