£14.8 million - combined squad value (1 Viewer)

FulltimeWum

Our most valuable line up apparently.
Was in the game against Reading.

On squad values we should be battling relegation.

Screenshot_20220315-070823.png

rexo87

It's the same for most good young players at most clubs. Value on sites like that is way below the money they would actually go for

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

KenilworthSkyBlue

Brennan Johnson £900k when Forest rejected £15m in January

Or Josh Bowler who is valued at £800k when Blackpool turned down bids of £2m for him in January. No doubt his stock has risen significantly since then as well.

The fact they suggest Birmingham's squad value is in the top 10 is comical.

Last edited:

Grendel

Rose/Tavares/Dabo/Moore/Allen/ Eccles all have values - say 500k each and a £1m for the rest

giphy.gif

The Philosopher

Rose/Tavares/Dabo/Moore/Allen/ Eccles all have values - say 500k each and a £1m for the rest
Ignore the laughing from the usual merkins on here.

I think your point that the squad has a greater value than £14m is valid.

Some may have differing opinions on the individual values, eg, Godden 2m is beyond what I think (30+ year olds don’t command high fees normally) but as I said, there are some on here that just like put others down.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Some may have differing opinions on the individual values, eg, Godden 2m is beyond what I think (30+ year olds don’t command high fees normally) but as I said, there are some on here that just like put others down.

You've based your opinion on player values on absolutely nothing though, as has the other poster.

For instance Kane. Didn't we just take on his contract rather than pay QPR a fee? Yet now he's suddenly worth £750k?

Grendel

There is a difference between squad value from an accounting perspective and resale value. Suggesting Tavares, Allen and Rose have the values stated to actually be sold deserves being laughed at

The Philosopher

You've based your opinion on player values on absolutely nothing though, as has the other poster.

For instance Kane. Didn't we just take on his contract rather than pay QPR a fee? Yet now he's suddenly worth £750k?

All values are based on nothing besides sentiment and conjecture.

With regards to Kane, Length of contract is key.

Kane was also out of favour having spoken out. Manager wasn’t going to play him much and his contract was running down, ending 2022 July.

Different story now.

Hamer and O’Hare’s values have gone up, I’d suggest, having had their contracts extended.

The Philosopher

There is a difference between squad value from an accounting perspective and resale value. Suggesting Tavares, Allen and Rose have the values stated to actually be sold deserves being laughed at
I didn’t put a value against Tavares.

Jamie Allen £750k? Not delusional IMO.

Rose? Name a better CD we could get for less that £750k?

Go….

Grendel

Go….

We didn't pay anything looking at the accounts for Rose, Hyam, Mc Fazdean or Clarke-Salter. So all of them including him I would guess. I am trying to think when we last signed a defender for more than that. I am guessing out the air Elliot Ward?

We paid nothing for O hare and £1.3 m for Hamer but Allen at £750 is not delusional.

KenilworthSkyBlue

All values are based on nothing besides sentiment and conjecture.

With regards to Kane, Length of contract is key.

Kane was also out of favour having spoken out. Manager wasn’t going to play him much and his contract was running down, ending 2022 July.

Different story now.

Hamer and O’Hare’s values have gone up, I’d suggest, having had their contracts extended.

Player valuations are based on something though? Potential, length of contract, value to the team, performance, what league they play in, age, if they're on the radar of clubs etc.

So it's not really a different story at all as his performances haven't been brilliant recently, he's at the wrong end of 20 and therefore has no potential, he isn't a stand out player in the team and he isn't particularly sought after either.

SlowerThanPlatt

Go….

The players you’ve mentioned realistically not going to be wanted by a better club than us. Could you see a Preston or Hull paying £750k for Allen or Kane?

The Philosopher

The players you’ve mentioned realistically not going to be wanted by a better club than us. Could you see a Preston or Hull paying £750k for Allen or Kane?
Hull had Kane on loan so might be interested.

Apparently, he claims to have been subject to a £13m bid from SUFC (who aren’t a better club based on Saturday)

He’s not worth £13m. Obviously. 5% of that. Ish.

Allen?

On current form he is worth something.

Grendel

Apparently, he claims to have been subject to a £13m bid from SUFC (who aren’t a better club based on Saturday)

Allen?

Jesus Christ

SlowerThanPlatt

Allen?

No one has or would ever bid £13m for Todd Kane. That summer he joined QPR on a free - quite the fall from grace!

The Philosopher

We got Julian Gray at 27 for nothing. Sold him (he has gone) for £500k I think. These things happen.

(Gray’s gone)

Users who are viewing this thread