Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Cardiff City Match Thread - Thursday 29th Dec (4 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Obviously we don't have a lot of options right now so the team is fairly easy to predict.

Palmer in for O'Hare and I think Dabo will come in for Burroughs.

It's a good job we've just had a long break, because otherwise this run of games could be a bit much for some of the lads who are having to play every game (the CBs, CMs, Bidwell etc)
Personally I’d keep Burroughs in and leave Dabo on the bench

kg82

He's not actually a good finisher, let's be honest. Misses a lot of chances. Doesn't surprise me he is poor from the spot.
Taking Harry Kane as an example (as he’s also missed a pen recently), he’s had 44 shots in the league, scored 13 with an Xg of 9.8. Vik has had 46 shots, scored 12 with an Xg of 10.3. I know stats don’t tell the whole story, but it would suggest he’s not a bad finisher.

OldBedrocker

Taking Harry Kane as an example (as he’s also missed a pen recently), he’s had 44 shots in the league, scored 13 with an Xg of 9.8. Vik has had 46 shots, scored 12 with an Xg of 10.3. I know stats don’t tell the whole story, but it would suggest he’s not a bad finisher.
I think the point is he rarely seems to strike the ball cleanly

higgs

He's a handful when was the last time we had a player score 20 goals in a season in the championship?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Some strange choices of line up here!
Think Burroughs might keep the shirt for now.
Bidwell is consistent and a good player for us.
No way Kelly starts.
Palmer in for COH is probably the only change.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kelly in for Allen with Hamer pushed further forward, Allen has had a good season so far but has been poor in the last couple of games.

Offhegoes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kelly in for Allen with Hamer pushed further forward, Allen has had a good season so far but has been poor in the last couple of games.
I think that the fact Allen was withdrawn on boxing day, would be to keep him fresh for the Cardiff game.
It will be the same team, with Palmer for O'Hare and the only change I see Robins making would be Dabo for Burroughs.

curly_tom

It seems strange that Tavares doesn't get a bit longer, he looks quick and exciting. I know this is well-trodden ground. Robins isn't generally shy of plaing youngsters and giving them a go but he obviously doesn't trust him for some reason

Greggs

another game, another 3 goals conceded, the slide down the table continues......

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

another game, another 3 goals conceded, the slide down the table continues......

Michael Caine Christmas GIF by Sky

no_loyalty

Complete waste of Hamer to play him in that position. Leave him and Sheaf where they are.

I agree but I’m thinking Robins might play Kelly instead of Allen due to him being poor in the last couple of games and us having no natural leader with Fadz out, although he could play Waghorn there.

Hertsccfc

I agree but I’m thinking Robins might play Kelly instead of Allen due to him being poor in the last couple of games and us having no natural leader with Fadz out, although he could play Waghorn there.
Could be Waghorn I guess but he was poor at Sheffield United. Tavares was better in his brief spell but can't see him starting. Personally I would play Burroughs there alongside Palmer and bring in Dabo. But inevitably it will be Allen.

Sky Blue Harry H

Could be Waghorn I guess but he was poor at Sheffield United. Tavares was better in his brief spell but can't see him starting. Personally I would play Burroughs there alongside Palmer and bring in Dabo. But inevitably it will be Allen.
Think he will have to mix it with the quick turnaround of games. Be happy to come through the next 2 with players unscathed.

Grendel

One of our weaknesses is that we don't switch play quick enough, bidwell gets into good advanced positions yet it takes us too long to get the ball to him

he’s an actual championship signing from a club who didn’t want to sell him and it would cost a lot to replace him with a like for like permanent signing

I’m sure it’s just his persona seems dull and not X Factor enough

PVA

Bidwell is a very good defender but doesn't give us enough going forward.

Maatsen is comfortably the better player.

This is not a criticism of Bidwell, he's a good player, it's just praise for Maatsen.

Last edited:

Grendel

Bidwell is a very good defender but doesn't give us enough going forward.

Maatsen is comfortably the better player.

Mastsen was poor defensively - I’d take Bidwell every time - also he’s not a loan but our player - he gets in great positions going forward as well but the midfield often don’t spot his movement

Users who are viewing this thread