Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Luton Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Feb (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Luton Town match, tactics and predictions :)

slowpoke

Lot of flapping about our defeat at West Brom, admittedly we didn’t play well throughout the team but at the end of the day it was only a 1-0 defeat against an in form team and we could have scored goals, one a bit of a sitter. Will be interesting which way Robins goes v Luton with Eccles, Godden fit and possibly McFadz, does he stay with wing backs, I’d be tempted to move away from that especially at home but then is McFadzean fit enough for a back four. I think Eccles and Godden should start and we go with a front two but I’m not the manager.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson
McNally Fadz* Doyle
Burroughs Eccles Sheaf Bidwell
Palmer Hamer
Gyokeres

Moore, Panzo*, BNC, JWE, Allen, Godden, Maguire

Hoping Fadz is fit. If not Panzo would have to come in.

I feel like one of Allen or Palmer needs to be dropped. I went for Allen given the rather defensive DCM's. Could easily have Allen start and Palmer off the bench on the hour.

As for the result, depends on if we turn up. Luton will be difficult and if we're not at the races they could very easily make it a very depressing after. But if we're confident and try and get at them we can definitely beat them.

Hertsccfc

Wilson
McNally Fadz* Doyle
Burroughs Eccles Sheaf Bidwell
Palmer Hamer
Gyokeres

Moore, Panzo*, BNC, JWE, Allen, Godden, Maguire

Hoping Fadz is fit. If not Panzo would have to come in.

I feel like one of Allen or Palmer needs to be dropped. I went for Allen given the rather defensive DCM's. Could easily have Allen start and Palmer off the bench on the hour.

As for the result, depends on if we turn up. Luton will be difficult and if we're not at the races they could very easily make it a very depressing after. But if we're confident and try and get at them we can definitely beat them.
I don't think that team would work.

Eccles and Sheaf would be doing the same job. It would be like against Wrexham with Kelly and Sheaf. Also playing Hamer out of position would reduce his impact on the game considerably.

What we need is support to Gyokeres. Playing him on his own up front hasn't been working for over a month now. Teams have worked it out and are putting two or three defenders on him knowing that if they stop him we are highly unlikely to score. We need to give him support. I am afraid that team wastes our two best players.

slowpoke

Will Robins change the tactics though, it has been largely successful and if you look at the premier it’s successful for a number of clubs there too, so is it the system or the players asked to play that system, I suggest the latter.

shmmeee

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Eccles Hamer Palmer Sheaf Bidwell
Gyokeres Godden

S: Moore, Panzo, BNC, JWE, Allen, Maguire, Walker

Probably lose cos it’s Luton innit and they’re on fire. But we’re at home so who knows. Optimistic 2-1

DannyThomas_1981

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Eccles Hamer Palmer Sheaf Bidwell
Gyokeres Godden

S: Moore, Panzo, BNC, JWE, Allen, Maguire, Walker

Probably lose cos it’s Luton innit and they’re on fire. But we’re at home so who knows. Optimistic 2-1

Decent looking team. Just my view, this formation would suit Palmer much better. Playing in his more natural position as an attacking midfielder vs. the role he's been forced into as an isolated number 10 supporting Gyo. That's not his game.

Grendel

Decent looking team. Just my view, this formation would suit Palmer much better. Playing in his more natural position as an attacking midfielder vs. the role he's been forced into as an isolated number 10 supporting Gyo. That's not his game.

this is his game
Summer Beach GIF by Pepephone

Offhegoes

Got a feeing we might go on a bit of a run now (of wins that is). The next 5 are definitely winnable despite playing a couple of our bogey teams (Luton & Preston).
I wouldn't change too much. Fadz for Doyle. I actually thought Doyle was worse against WBA than Panzo. Eccles for Cuffy. Desperate for Eccles to get a run in midfield but not ahead of Sheaf and Hamer at the moment. Cuffy has looked distinctly average so far and Eccles deserves a start for his cameo on Friday (albeit out of position..again).
Wouldn't surprise me though to see Godden start with Vik up front and Palmer benched. I like Godden but not in a two with Vik.

fatso

No one picking Allen in their starting team?
Its only taken half a season for the penny to drop.

AOM

Starting line up is a tough one. Hopefully McFadzean is fit to start but I'd imagine he'll be rusty.
I'd keep Allen in the team as you lose that energy in midfield without and maybe bench Palmer for a second striker.
Eccles in for Norton-Cuffy

shmmeee

Starting line up is a tough one. Hopefully McFadzean is fit to start but I'd imagine he'll be rusty.
I'd keep Allen in the team as you lose that energy in midfield without and maybe bench Palmer for a second striker.
Eccles in for Norton-Cuffy

I just don’t see why three attacking players is seen as being out of the realms of possibility these days.

Londonccfcfan

Since the World Cup break, Luton have won 6 out of 8. They'll be tough opponents.

We'll have to play very well to win, or just hope they don't turn up.
Thats the sort of run we were on before the world cup break.

Im optimistic with the run of fixtures to come we can win go on decent run now we have a almost full compliment of players to choose from.

High scoring win. 3-2.

Londonccfcfan

Just seen they sold out their initial allocation of 2300 and have requested more tickets. Should be decent game and atmosphere.

AOM

I just don’t see why three attacking players is seen as being out of the realms of possibility these days.

Wouldn't be opposed to it at all really, but not sure if a midfield of two of Sheaf/Hamer/Allen would be overrun

shmmeee

Wouldn't be opposed to it at all really, but not sure if a midfield of two of Sheaf/Hamer/Allen would be overrun

It shouldn’t be really. Not with Eccles and Bidwell in there as well. If it was Norton-Cuffy and JWE I’d be more worried. Just feel at home we can let the handbrake off a little.

shmmeee

Luton sort of do, they had Woodrow just behind two strikers v Cardiff though I think they'll have 3 central midfielders away against us

I think at home 7 defensive outfield players should be enough and if it’s not you have to ask some questions of those players really.

For me Palmer would do a lot better driving from deep with a traditional striker like Godden making runs in front of him than as second striker.

Users who are viewing this thread